EVO SA numbers!

Just to share how happy we are.<br>
<br>
Evo South America took a ride in a big event to spread EVO for South America, and announce to general players that we do have competition, and it is now closer than they knew. Se here are the numbers:<br>
<br><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>Championship: 1.000 all the time</span><br>
<br>
Pretty huge, huh?<br>
<br>VISITORS: 120.000<br>
Well, newcomers flooded forums, it is so nice. They are asking from team formation to FFly/Guard Break. Who can tell what is going to happen when they play SF4 that they never heard of before EVO SA? I hope everyone try it.<br>
<br>
Thanks everyone.<br>
<br>
Congratulations…<br>
<br>
MVC2<br>
Nil - 1st (Brazil)<br>
Madruga - 2nd (Brazil)<br>
EMA - 3rd (Argentina)<br>
Cesar - 4th (Argentina)<br>
<br>
SSBB<br>
1st ? Kovarish (Brazil) ? Olimar<br>
2nd ? Aisen (Brazil) ? Snake/Marth<br>
<br>
<br>
Good luck at evo world!

Whoa, whoa, whoa…120 THOUSAND visitors???

:wow:

In South America…fighting games own you.

So interesting what happens when u try something in another part of the world. South America is probably the biggest underground fighting game scene the world has ever seen. With the near emminent revival of fighting games across the world…this has infinite potential. South America hasn’t been plagued by WoW and Counter Strike yet I guess. :lol:

I’m still trying to figure out…120,000 visitors? That’s gotta be a typo. YouTube, Photobucket…or it didn’t happen. I don’t understand how120,000 people gain interest in simply watching fighting games let alone where would you put them all? We have a hard enough time fitting a 1/3 that many people in the freakin Super Bowl.

Wait…now that I’m reading this it seems a bit more feasible. This was more like a road tour (maybe ala Madden Challenge?) and got exposure throughout most of South America. Yeah…now I can understand why this was so big. Maybe one day we could get something like that going in the US. A big ass Evo road trip across the US. I’m sure the US would be able to bring in many more players if they did more exposure outside of just more or less the internet and some sponsors. A lot of people use the internet but there’s a lot of people that aren’t on 24/7 and I’m sure would be looking for something to get them back into the fighting game scene they once played or have been interested in.

2,000 new Marvel players. That is insane. That alone brings Marvel back on the map. And in another country…I can’t say that without laughing. I couldn’t even bring this up to my friends without them laughing. I wonder what this would do for 3rd.

Im confident he means 120.

120 thousand people attended to the event which was held at the same place as an anime festival (Anime Friends)… most of those people were there for anime, mang, rock shows and lots of gaming (winning eleven, Guitar Hero, some anime related games, KoF, Soul Calibur and so on…)
3000 of those people actually played MvC2 and SSBB and much more occasionally watched some macthes…
Lot’s of them talked to us and showed interest in the fighting games scenario, even though most of them were just too scared to try play against a lot of very good players who were on site all day

Well… 120 thousand people is the number of passerbies, the actual number of people that expent a considerable amount of time at Evo SA is around 4 - 5 thousand, I think.

Here’s a vid I taped a couple of hours before the start of the tournament…
[media=youtube]DJeVcpn6Pls[/media]

The strategy we found for promotion purposes (and cut expenses) was to party with the big event. So we actually had 8 days of running event, 11, 12, 13 and 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20, July.

120.000 was the number of tickets sold for the event our friend above told.

This dinossauric number are the visitors, and any of them, repeated times or not, passed by EVO right there, just for curiosity, talk, or maybe sign up and play.

We cannot have the straight plain numbers from among this 120.000 and their particular interests, but what we have is that, in the 2 hot days of EVO SA (the saturday qualifiers and sunday finals), there was 2,000 in public. For SSBB there was 1,000. So we assure that these is the number of people in particular interest with EVO, so, 3,000 people.

I’m not sure, but I think the event we joined is the biggest of its kind in the whole Americas. It is worth to mention that, So Paulo, where it was held is the 3 biggest world city, has more than 10,927,985 inhabitants, 19,223,897 in its metropolitan region. So these are numbers are quite easy to obtain there in such tradicional year event.

If a high population was all there was to it, then seeing as the New York Metropolitan area has 18, 815, 988 people we should be getting 120,000 visitors for any fighting game event but…

any vids? i wanna see top tier brazilian mvc 2

i hear bison is a god down there

Was Barack Obama in attendance?

So with 5-6 setups/machines, how many hours did it take to finish these tournaments if there were 1,000 people in one tournament and 2,000 in another? It’s not possible to finish tournaments like that unless you have 20-30 setups…when I emailed and asked about this, I was told expected entrants were going to be 40-60 each game.

<span style=“font-weight: normal;”><blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/distal%20Stimulus%2C%20post%3A%202260786" style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>distal Stimulus, post: 2260786</a><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”> wrote:</span></div><div class=“QuoteAuthor”><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>Was Barack Obama in attendance?</span></div></blockquote>
No, but I heard someone talking that someone said that person that someone told he saw Hillary somewhere inside there talking to some rich white guys. Just rumors… we never know.<br>

<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/DreamTR%2C%20post%3A%202260787">DreamTR, post: 2260787</a> wrote:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>So with 5-6 setups/machines, how many hours did it take to finish these tournaments if there were 1,000 people in one tournament and 2,000 in another? It’s not possible to finish tournaments like that unless you have 20-30 setups…when I emailed and asked about this, I was told expected entrants were going to be 40-60 each game.</div>
</blockquote>
<br>
Sorry, I didn’t made myself clear. 120.000 was the number in the event that had several other things. They just passed by. Spectators were 3.000 there in the EVO area. They were there just for evo. About 2.000 stayed on the MVC2 area and 1.000 on the SSBB area.<br>
<br>
These number came from</span><b> FighterBox2006, the organizer</b>, 128 players in saturday, making it 32 at sunday finals. Dunno about the qualifiers numbers here and in Argentina, Chile (or venezuela?) and Bolivia qualifiers. I jsut know that 1 from Chile or venezuela, dunno for sure, and other from Bolivia were DQ because they didn’t showed. So, at the two hot days we had 128 players, and some more that were already qualified and appeared just for sunday. <div style=“font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-weight: normal;”>It give us around 140 different players. So nothing exceptional, just the usual numbers.<br>
<br>
In general, small championships here have 32 players, sometimes 64. The qualifiers must have had around 32 each one.<br>
<br>
We are growing. Lets see what SF4 can do for us and crop the results from the EVO 2008 seed in 2009 events.</div>

Congratulations on strong numbers. Even at 128 players for Marvel, that outdraws every major tournament outside of EVO World anywhere in North America. In fact, 128 unique marvel entrants is more than the combined of all majors in North America outside of EVO World. You guys deserve big props for your tournament.

<span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>Even big in numbers, we don’t have so many superstars as you do. They are not that good unless the same group of winners every year, like Nil, the 1st place, he already won Paraná Showdown, a tourney I organized here.</span><br>
<br>
But we are working on them for several games. Lets see what we got in two years of Fighting Game gym.

I think that if the bracket said 128 people, it was probably cut off at 128 to keep it manageable.

Bison is far from being god around here…
There’s just one player which I think is slightly above average that plays seriously with Bison, and his Bison is damn good when compared to any other Bisons I’ve seen live or at videos.

But that’s pretty much it…

Top characters are exactly the same you got there…
top 4 at EVO SA was 2 Santhrax and 2 MSP, Ishiyama, the Bison guy was eliminated on top 32 if I’m not mistaken

actually there is a match

it’s a casual match: a scrub (me) and EMA(Argentina)

We have two other funny videos, you might not understand a thing, because it is portuguese, it is all bullshit anyway, but you can feel the madness of the first day.<br><br>
There was no physical division between SSBB and the other areas, but there was a “do not cross” line for MVC2 tourney area that only players could cross, and there is the area where the white t-shirts guys are.<br>
<br>
That is it! A lil’ bit shy for the first one, but they are gonna improve it.