On your website www.evo2k.com/east this is posted:
Sun, July 2nd - Wed, July 12th, Online
After July 2nd the cost of registration will rise to $30 to enter, plus $10 for each tournament."
Clearly, right there in black and white, it states the last day for online registration is TODAY, Wednesday, July 12th.
Well, this morning online registration for EVO East was CLOSED.
I have 6 people who have all called/IMed me in the past 2 hours, who are lined up, ready to register online, and they cannot do so. They have also told me that they are not willing to pay $15 extra for registration on-site because it is not their fault that they cannot register today, and they read clearly on the website that they should be able to do so. The reason they did not register previously was because they were waiting to find out who was going FOR SURE, because they read about the “no refunds” policy for EVO East and did not want to lose their money if something changed.
I will post their info below (which is all I can really do) and request that when these players show up on Friday night/Saturday, they be allowed to enter the tournament with only a $30 cover charge. You can check their IDs/I will vouch that these are the real people if you need me to.
- Gavin Yip, Echoes of Pain, TGA/Rhode Island - 3s, cvs2, T5
- James Sekator, Jjuice, TGA/Rhode Island - 3s, T5
- Wilson Fermin, Silence, TGA/Rhode Island - 3s, cvs2
- Brandon Lapre, TGA/Rhode Island - T5
- Jose Feliciano, Skillz, Waterbury, CT - MvC2 (he is the guy that got 4th place at B5 in the MvC1 world invitational)
- Jay Aldorando, Jay, Waterbury, CT - MvC2
PLEASE if you can help these people out, please do.