EVO T-Hawk rep. Gridman on stream live right now

t-hawk

Gridman PUTTING the WORK on EVO. Reppin’ T-Hawk. Makes T-Hawk look top tier. WTF.

Nice work, Gridman

Using Ultra 2 like it’s easy sauce. Niiice

Aww lost to Honda turtle. That sucks. He could’ve had him too in the 2nd Fight, after he hit dude wit cross up. tough loss but good representation of THawk.

yeah good representation on how limited the character is.

Quoted for Truth, gridman is good but T-hawk has no tools that aren’t extremely punishable to get in. That Honda wasn’t even good or the player’s main, all he did was down/back the whole match and he still won, since T-hawk can’t punish headbutts at all.

I want personally to congratulate Gridman for his respect gameplay with T.Hawk especially against Honda which his consider to be a match up.
Thanx for the matches man.
I’m really happy for your T.Hawk support in EVO (i wish i could be there too but money is a serious problem :frowning: )
You are indeed a good T.Hawk player (if you remember at your first matches i was personally give you props about your playstyle and now i feel justified) and i wished to go more far.
Thanx again man.Really.I enjoyed this and i supported you even if you don’t know it. :wink:

Is he out then?

Well i don’t know for sure because here in Greece EVO was late at night so i went to sleep.
But i saw his match with Honda and sadly he lost.:frowning:
I hope that he has a chance at losers bracket.

I saw it, no doubt one of my favorite matches so far, shame that Gridman lost, i was rooting a lot for him, but it was extremely hard to get in on E. Honda. Landing U2 was epic.
Im not a Hawk player, but he is one of my favorite characters, i hope we see more of him on this EVO.
Btw, it’s a shame so many cool characters like Hawk rarely be seen on tournaments like this, capcom must balance the game more, so we can see more characters. I was getting tires of seeing so many Rufuses.

Sorry
Double post

I missed this match and I was kicking my own ass the rest of the night.
I was told he pretty much made Ultra 2 look easy. Almost an “I-told-you-so” type thing to the people who complained that it wasn’t a viable ultra to me.

Way to rep Tony Hawk.

Yeah, it was a great match. I had an EVO chat going on MSN with some friends. I was rooting for ya gridman. Even though you lost it was still good shit.

Aside from the best Adon player and a great Juri player, most of the top 32 semis were just old boring SF4 vanilla cast that got buffed or stayed high-tier. Although less representation of Balrog/Sagat, there’s still Rufus, Ryu, Akuma, C.Viper, and just more of Guile/Chun/Ken/Sim (with Arturo). None of the new characters were really well represented, i think that says something about either the game or EVO players. Cody, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Makoto, Hakan, Dee Jay, Adon, Juri, T-Hawk, were not really represented as much, and only 2 of the new guys made it to semis. Either those new characters weren’t fleshed out well enough ,or the EVO players are afraid to experiment too much wit them because they feel uncertain of their potential just yet.

I mean Gamerbee and Infiltration have proven they did their homework with Adon, Juri, and i’m sure guys like Gridman did theirs too, but i just feel the representation of these new characters was awfully low even in most of the streamed games. I think i saw 1 hakan, 1 dee jay, no makoto, maybe 1 Guy? maybe 1 Ibuki?

It’s kinda sad cuz people would often say that EVo is a great way to determine how balanced new characters are or buffed/nerfed characters, and from the looks of it: most of the new cast isn’t well determined yet cuz i dont think they’re all so bad.

Maybe there should be a tournament out somewhere (non-EVO) where you are required to play a new character only. I’d like to see how that would fare if there were alot of good players of the new cast.

Aside from the best Adon player and a great Juri player, most of the top 32 semis were just old boring SF4 vanilla cast that got buffed or stayed high-tier. Although less representation of Balrog/Sagat, there’s still Rufus, Ryu, Akuma, C.Viper, and just more of Guile/Chun/Ken/Sim (with Arturo). None of the new characters were really well represented, i think that says something about either the game or EVO players. Cody, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Makoto, Hakan, Dee Jay, Adon, Juri, T-Hawk, were not really represented as much, and only 2 of the new guys made it to semis. Either those new characters weren’t fleshed out well enough ,or the EVO players are afraid to experiment too much wit them because they feel uncertain of their potential just yet.

I mean Gamerbee and Infiltration have proven they did their homework with Adon, Juri, and i’m sure guys like Gridman did theirs too, but i just feel the representation of these new characters was awfully low even in most of the streamed games. I think i saw 1 hakan, 1 dee jay, no makoto, maybe 1 Guy? maybe 1 Ibuki?

It’s kinda sad cuz people would often say that EVo is a great way to determine how balanced new characters are or buffed/nerfed characters, and from the looks of it: most of the new cast isn’t well determined yet cuz i dont think they’re all so bad.

Maybe there should be a tournament out somewhere (non-EVO) where you are required to play a new character only. I’d like to see how that would fare if there were alot of good players of the new cast.

You at evo? money match?

also this is gridman on floes comp

also honda is lame. i thought that crossup didnt hit so i was gonna tick into 360

no big deal really. i had to play the same honda later on in losers. 2 matches away from making it out. i have a new secondary for hawks ** only ** 4 bad matchups - guile sim blanka and honda. every other match is winnable.

no i’m not at evo. i aint trying to put you personally on blast but if the best t. hawk in the country losing to a random honda and now having to play an alt to deal with t. hawk’s bad match ups isn’t an example of t. hawk’s limited tournament viability then i don’t know what is.

I lost a bad match up where he, in that matchup, doesnt have many options against a turtling honda. I mean I didnt think that was a huge surprise. If I lost to any other character (sans guile, sim, blanka) I might be able to understand why you said that. Too bad you didnt see any other pool matches huh?

Speaking of seeing matches, gridman, is your match(es) up anywhere? When were you on the stream?

Yeah, I don’t think they’re going to put you on the stream if you haven’t already been wrecking shop. Good show man…it was a really tough fight, and I *think * S-Kill said…‘yeah, all he’s doing is holding db at this point, and it’s really tough to get in with Hawk if he’s doing that’.

Kinda like how Rufus players picking up an alt for Sagat is proof that the character was garbage then, right? >.>