Evo2006 HSF2AE Complete Top 32 results

1st: Alex Wolfe (ST Dhalsim, CE Bison: just wins)
2nd: Jason Nelson (ST Bison, CE Ryu: loses to Alex Wolfe x 2)
3rd: Tokido (CE Bison: loses to Mike Turner, Nelson)
4th: Alex Valle (CE Sagat, ST Ryu: loses to Alex Wolfe, Tokido)
5th: Daigo (ST Ryu: loses to Nelson, Valle)
5th: Graham Wolfe (ST Vega, ST Balrog: loses to Nelson, Tokido)
7th: John Choi (HF Ryu: loses to Nelson, Tokido)
7th: Hung ‘AfroLegends’ Nguyen (ST Balrog, ST Deejay: loses to Alex Wolfe, Daigo)
9th: Phil ‘DSP’ (loses to Valle, Tokido)
9th: NKI (loses to Graham, Hung)
9th: Seth ‘s-kill’ Killian (loses to DSP, Daigo)
9th: Nuki (loses to Alex Wolfe, Choi)
13th: Watson (loses to Daigo, Tokido)
13th: James Chen (loses to NKI, Choi)
13th: Campbell ‘Buktooth’ Tran (loses to pools, Hung)
13th: Jason Cole (loses to Nuki, Seth Killian)
17th: Jeron (loses to pools, Watson)
17th: Spence (loses to pools, Chen)
17th: Mike Turner (loses to Graham, Choi)
17th: Gerald (loses to Seth Killian, Hung)
17th: Mester (loses to Valle, Cole)
17th: Clayton (loses to pools, Seth Killian)
17th: DQd East Seed 4: Julian Robinson
17th: Justin Wong (loses to Nelson, Tokido)
25th: RAOH (loses to pools, Tokido)
25th: Paul C (loses to James Chen, Jeron)
25th: Nitto ‘Knit’ (loses to pools, Choi)
25th: Brian Feldstein (loses to pools, Gerald)
25th: Brian Ahn (loses to pools, Cole)
25th: Mike Creque (loses to Hung, Seth Killian)
25th: DQ: East Seed #5: Seth Killian Version 2
25th: DQ: East Seed #6: Lincoln Morris

Pools
Pool A: Tokido / Clayton
Pool B: Paul C / Brian A
Pool C: Daigo / Buktooth
Pool D: Jason N / Brian Feldstein
Pool E: Gerald / Knit
Pool F: Mester / Spence
Pool G: Nuki / Geron
Pool H: Hung / RAOH

FINAL 8 summary:
losers for 7th: Tokido over Choi
losers for 7th: Daigo over Hung
winners: Nelson over G.Wolfe
winners: A.Wolfe over Valle
losers for 5th: Valle over Daigo
losers for 5th: Tokido over G.Wolfe
winners: A.Wolfe over Nelson
losers for 4th: Tokido over Valle
losers for 3rd: Nelson over Tokido
gf: Alex Wolfe over Nelson

1st: Alex Wolfe (ST Dhalsim, CE Bison: just wins)
2nd: Jason Nelson (ST Bison, CE Ryu: loses to Alex Wolfe x 2)
3rd: Tokido (CE Bison: loses to Mike Turner, Nelson)
4th: Alex Valle (CE Sagat, ST Ryu: loses to Alex Wolfe, Tokido)
5th: Daigo (ST Ryu: loses to Nelson, Valle)
5th: Graham Wolfe (ST Vega, ST Balrog: loses to Nelson, Tokido)
7th: John Choi (HF Ryu: loses to Nelson, Tokido)
7th: Hung ‘AfroLegends’ Nguyen (ST Balrog, ST Deejay: loses to Alex Wolfe, Daigo)

Please note that these results are written up from video I took of the brackets: they should be complete, but yell at me if I screwed up anything. Pre-qualifiers at Evo East/West got a lovely advantage: top 4 got one winner’s bye, and bottom 4 started out on even footing with pool winners. The moral is: go to the pre-qualifiers.

I know by next year the new ST release will be out, but can we please keep this game too?

Why one earth would you want to play this game again…:wasted:

To see some old school characters and fights.

You know as much as people hated on this game, was it just me, or was this game the most exciting game of the tournment period. Even if most people were complaing about bison etc, it was way better then the yawn fests that were 3s, GG etc. And I got 17th? Lol guess I did better then I thought. Darn you tokido and seth grrrr … lol

I wasn’t there, but it was the tournament that I was looking forward to the most.

This game was fun…I liked it. It has traps and tactics that you could use in new school games. If you wanna be really good in new school street fighter, it doesn’t hurt to learn from the beginning.

Props to the Wolfe Brothers…for representing USA! You guys make me wanna play more old school street fighter now…

why were people complaining about bison?

Because Tokido beat most American top players with him, and he doesn’t even play SF2.

Honestly, this game had a lot of potential, but CE Bison & CE Guile kill it. The move detection glitches with HF Blanka and ST Vega also ruin it a bit, as both of those characters go from good to bad because of that.

#2 best finals behind CvS2 imo. Sure CE bison is brutal but it was awesome seeing him get countered. This game has to be back next year.

The game is pure garbage. If it actually had the OG damage scaling like HF instead of the ST damage scaling with all of these matchups, it would not be such a nightmare to play. Sure, it’s fun and all, but the best part is the CE Bison users all bitching about Tokido after he beats them with the same character. Did people forget about using shotos and Gief and Chun-Li on him or something?

Cuz Choi and Valle don’t use shotos… :rolleyes:

CE bison=IMO the best/cheapest old school boss character ever made playable, but I could be wrong. That’s why sf2 hyper was released so fast IMO because how bison ruled champion edition with an iron fist.

actually hyper was released to counter all the rainbow editions that were ruining the integrity of the sf2 series with their glitched gameplay.

As much as people complain about vega’s Wall Dive not coming out, it takes TWO SECONDS to practice it and get it out reliably. I don’t even play vega but once I realized that you have to hit kick, then up, I was getting the dive out 100%.

Renegade: it was a generalized statement for everyone using CE Bison. Valle and Choi lost to Tokido’s slide trick.

Fucking Nuki taking me out in pools. I had a little too much faith in CE Bison and countered myself hard. ST ChunLi rapes that guy and I dont know why i picked it, should have stayed true with CE Guile…oh well. Pretty crazy how Tokido got so far appearantly people were weak to CE Bison and yes he is retarted to a degreee but I say put the pride behind and counter that mother fucker lol. Anyway as or broken as AE is I recommend a much more balanced much more intriging fighter in Hyper Fighting for future tournaments. ST’s been raped to hell, AE’s done with now so I say give the next best thing a try. GG’s to all!
Later!

Jeron

Oh you mean the Barcelona Attack? Wall Dive is the punch one I believe.

IDK why people always say CE Bison is cheap and such. The reason people fell to Tokido’s CE Bison is because people are scared to fight CE Bison. Remember EVO West? Valle lost to an ST Sim. It’s just like that other thread about 3S. “Let’s ban Ken, Chun-Li, and Yun” :lol:

I agree…I had to take breaks during the CVS2 finals so that I wouldn’t fall asleep.

I like Jeron’s idea or you can do HSF2 but only HF and up (like how he have CE and up now).

Apparently, but people were using WW characters. Organizers were watching and not doing anything. Anyway, I’m glad this shits gone next year ST only please.