Explain this to me

I was wondering after a parry or by simply landing a c.Fierce with Urien and then doing a EX headbutt followed by another C.Fierce, the machine doesnt allow me to perform a crush for the 6th hit. Why is that? I have onyl done 5 hits so i am not exceeding the 6 hit juggle count. so why is it not letting me connect with a crush?

the EX Headbutt is worth 3 juggle counts, even if it deals 2 hits.

i was thinking this info might’ve been on Karathrow, but i guess it isn’t. is there a chart that gives the juggle counts for each move?

also, i’m kinda new to the 6-hit juggle limit. by “6-hit”, it means 6 juggles (excluding whatever threw the opponent into the air) right?

yeah, you can get a maximum of 6 juggles in the air.
Some moves do count for more juggles than the actual hit count.
A super move resets the count to zero.

If the last move on the juggle is a rapid succession of hits, it can go beyond the juggle limit. I.e. with urien: cHP (2 hits, 2 juggles, 4 left), EX headbutt (2 hits, 3 juggles, 1 left), EX headbutt (2 hits - the juggle count ends on the first hit, but since the 2 hits are “close”, you get to sneak the second one in too.

Speaking of Urien, the cHP gives the 2 juggles on the 2nd hit alone. If you hit an airborne opponent with a 2-hit cHP, you get 3 juggles (another one from the first hit), so that nothing can hit after the EX headbutt.

I recall someone making a partial list of the juggle count, but I don’t remembre who and when

Rock did one, but it’s probably lost in the General 3s section

He had a formula for the whole thing

They don’t call him Dr Sub Zero for nothing

It’s most likely in that huge Urien thread in his forum.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31714

agh. it’s Urien specific!

thanks anyway. i’ll print it out to look to for when i eventually learn Urien.

well, studying another character you can calculate quite easily how much juggles is one move. I.e. Yun/Yang standing close MK is worth anything from 3 to 5 juggles, since you can get 2 of them, but thennothing after.

well, yea. unless you screw up a lot, which is what i typically do :stuck_out_tongue: