FADC/dashing Arcade Stick help

Hey ya’ll I just had a quick question.
A bit about me: I haven’t had much exp w/ the stick, but I can play with it alright. Mostly, I have trouble with FADC on stick (I’m used to playing FG on PC keyboard, so it’s a lot easier/more used to being able to dash by double tapping the key twice) Is there a common way to dash? (IE pressing 3 punches in TvC) or is there a trick to double tapping the stick faster?
Thanks

If you have to use your wrist or your whole arm to dash, your technique might be wrong. Try to choose a grip which emphasizes one of your fingers (it’s usually the thumb or middle finger) that you can move by itself to go forward, then the motion is as simple as double clicking a mouse.

There used to be an article with a bunch of pictures of common stick grips, but I can’t find it right now. The [Newbie Dojo Arcade Stick FAQ](SRK Newbie Saikyo Dojo Arcade Stick FAQ (Read this before asking questions) might help you.

Thank you kind fellow. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to post in that thread about qs but I guess it’s kind of silly now isn’t it :frowning:

Dashing sucks (IMO) on stick, you really have to use your whole arm for it, as for FADC don’t mash, focus on doing the motion, and the incorporating the dash after. Execution is hard for me, but pad or stick FADC were always easy for me.

I play Gen so it mostly applies to my character but it can work with the others too…What I do during my combos is hold forward while I’m doing my combo and when it’s time to FADC, I snap back to neutral, press MP+MK and press forward once more. You’ll dash right in way quicker than you would pressing forward twice.

No you don’t.

Once you get used to it, you can do it simply with your fingers. It’s all a matter of three things - practice, practice and practice.