FADC flame kick into Rekkukyaku

fei-long

Is this possible on a dualshock 3 controller? because I have been practising this many times in training and it seems impossible for me, using a fightstick is not an option but I want to get as good as I can on a standard controller, but it seems everyone online can do this move pretty easily. I guess I am just destined to suck at this game which is a shame because I enjoy using fei long.

Any tips?

Continue to practice.

Practice more.

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Yes, I did his trials on the standard PS3 controller back when SFIV came out.

The answer is always practice. Sitting on youtube watching soccer videos all day won’t make you a good player, but getting up your ass and playing the damn ball will. So close your browser, hit training mode, have input display on and give yourself a go.

Try to ID where your problem is. The dash cancel? Practice the Focus>>Dash. The CW after the dash cancel? Do 10 CW from each side in a row. Don’t rush your motions, you have quite the time window to pull them, but rather focus on clean inputs. This is why stuff that is so god damn easy, like Ryu’s FADC>>Ultra is hard for new players. They tend to get desperate and try to do the Ultra motion extremely fast, when you can just take your time making sure it’s perfect.

my problem isn’t really the dash cancel, I can pretty much pull that off (not perfect everytime) but my main problem is the CW afterwards, I usually just end up doing a jump or sometimes it just continues the focus, I have no problem doing the CW i could do the move in my sleep but the window after the cancel seems so small.

I guess you guys are right, just practice, practice and more practice I guess.

my problem isn’t really the dash cancel, I can pretty much pull that off (not perfect everytime) but my main problem is the CW afterwards, I usually just end up doing a jump or sometimes it just continues the focus, I have no problem doing the CW i could do the move in my sleep but the window after the cancel seems so small.

I guess you guys are right, just practice, practice and more practice I guess.

double post, damn

Focus on doing the CW after the FADC. After inputting forward twice, make sure you press back, etc, and end correctly with up forward+heavy kick. I had a problem where my back input wasn’t registering so I’d always get the jump roundhouse.

So, input the clean motion. Treat the CW after the FADC like a normal CW, that “you can do in your sleep”. Don’t worry if you miss the timing and they fall to the ground, but punch yourself if you get a jumping roundhouse, tenshin or anything like that. Once you nail the execution, you’ll naturally get better and faster, making the timing come by itself.

This is what worked for me anyway.

thanks for the advice

Dude, I practiced this for hours till I got it flawlessly. Just keep at it. I know you’ll get it.

got to post this cuz you have the same nick like me with the same problem. lol

brucelee-kid