Well folks, looks like we’ve finally got our first taste of PW gameplay footage.
After looking the video over and over, I think I can outline some basic info about how he plays:
- has a moderate amount of health (seems just shy of 1,000k).
- is mostly a short-ranged character, doesn’t display any special projectiles.
- quite fast at getting into close range.
- has TWO air jumps (or air dashes!).
- his theme is kick-ass.
- oddly enough bears some resemblance to V. Joe of all people. Not sure why.
- lawyer tier.
**- Accusing Flurry - **(mash :l:)
An aerial attack where Phoenix quickly jabs the opponent with his finger 4 times.
- Lawful Flail - (mash )
Another aerial attack where Phoenix stabs with his index 5 times.
- Judging Spasm - (mash :h:)
The third version of Phoenix’s aerial attack, hitting 6 times but ending with a sharp spin to the opponent.
**- Desk Denter - **(air :s:)
A crippling instant S that pummels opponents with a harsh elbow. validity
**- Evidence - **(hold )
It’s merely his block, however the interesting part is that it negates all chip damage! Talk about defence!
- Prosecution Beam - ( :qcf: + :atk::atk: )
Phoenix Wright gets some help from his old friend and rival attorney, Edgeworth, who soars down and shoots the opponent with a huge blue beam shot. Air OK.
- Cross Examine - ( :qcb: + :atk::atk: )
This hyper has very short range, but if it connects the opponent’s lies and contradictions get read out, slowing their movement/speed down to a guilty crawl.
- Objection! - ( :dp: + :atk::atk: )
The move you’ve all been waiting for. This hyper is almost unstoppable, Phoenix’s finger literally catches on fire as he finger jabs rapidly into a final launching objection. Can be combo’d into after the hyper is finished.**