FBA "Practice Mode?"

Hi.

For the past year or so CVS2 was my main game. I recently relocated to an area (Beijing) where no one plays CVS2, and 3S is the big Street Fighter. I don’t have a PS2 with me currently, so my best practice option is my laptop.

Is there a way to rig up a practice mode in FBA? Like infinite meter and/or life? I’d like to be able to practice execution a little before next weekend.

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

Edit: I should add, I’ve had bad luck with GGPO over here. Every time I’ve logged on I’ve had pretty bad lag even playing people in Japan. So GGPO as a practice tool is probably of limited help to me.

The FBA that comes with GGPO seems to have cheats disabled entirely. You’d have to get a different version of FBA.

Easier way would be to get MAME, and grab the MAME cheat file from:http://cheat.retrogames.com/

Then you could turn on the cheats in MAME and practice. To do the same in FBA would require either finding a converter to convert MAME cheats to FBA cheats, or manually entering them into FBA

Is it possible to patch CPS2 roms with cheats permanently? I know there are programs to do this with SNES and NES roms, so it’s certaily possible, I just don’t know if there are programs to do it with arcade games.

Here are some cheats I found manually through mame and then converted to FBA. Make a sfiii3n.ini file in the cheats folder and paste the following:

cheat "Infinite Time"
default 0
0 "Disabled"
1 "Enabled", 0, 0x2011377, 0x64

cheat "Infinite Health P1"
default 0
0 "Disabled"
1 "Enabled", 0, 0x2068D0B, 0xA0

cheat "Infinite Super P1"
default 0
0 "Disabled"
1 "Enabled", 0, 0x20695B5, 0x90

cheat "Infinite Health P2"
default 0
0 "Disabled"
1 "Enabled", 0, 0x20691A3, 0xA0

cheat "Stun P2"
default 0
0 "Disabled"
1 "Never Stun", 0, 0x2069611, 0x00
1 "Perma Stun", 0, 0x2069611, 0x72

Then just load the game and hit ctrl+f1 to access cheats. I play with these on FBA Enhanced, so I don’t know if they work in other variations of FBA.

Sweet, thanks for the help guys.

Hey, I made the cheat ini file and the cheats show up in FBA. But when I enable any of them I get an error:

Guru Meditation #c0000005.0052FAD

Any ideas?!

bump :x

Say no to cheating!

jk :wink:

this are the cheat codes for NFBA,
http://vaxus.net/arcade/Emulators/nfba.rar

IM NOT sure if they work for the regular FBA

and here is a link to an old thread about this same subject
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=159399
there is everything you need to know about to activate the cheat codes and everything. hope it helps.

I’ve been trying this and I’m getting this same error. Anyone know a fix?

The cheats given above used to work for a previous version of FBA but now make crash the latest engine apparently !
Now I upgraded to MAME 0.126, appreciated the perfect CPS3 emulation (CPU=1.6 GHz Celeron), won’t use FBA any time soon I think, and am already enjoying the cheats for training.

Yea it’s easier just to use Mame

Got any of these for ssf2t? I’m having a hard time finding any.

Works with FBA-RR as well…

Just download a cheats file and find the ssf2t.xml file in the .zip. You should be able to follow the format enough to turn it into an .ini just like the post#4 did.

Wait? FBA supports CvS2?