[Feb 11, 2012] gAMEdUX/BrainBox presents Tournament of the Champions the... (Jamaica Plain, MA)

gAMEdUX and BrainBox presents our 1st Fate of Two Worlds Tournament: SuperStreetFighter 4 & Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, KOF XIII

For a few months now both crews gAMEdUX and BrainBox have been battling it out for top spots in the Boston area. Now we invite everyone from Massachussetts, New England and everywhere else to join us in this special tournament. Special guests may appear so keep your eyes and ears peeled.

We will have multiple setups that are fighting game friendly so we won’t have any of the issues from the last tournament. Also we have more space that would be limited to only gamers that are spectating and participating in the tournament.

Time
2:00 PM FOR Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

2:00 PM FOR KOF XIII

5:00 PM FOR Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition

Venue/Location:
BrainBox Gaming Center
383A Centre Street
City
BOSTON(Jamaica Plain)
State/Providence
MASSACHUSETTS
Country
USA

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BRING YOUR STREET FIGHTER SKILLS TO THE TEST - SUN 05/1/11 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS

Double-elimination Singles Tournament for Super Street Fighter IV.
Double-elimination Singles Tournament for Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Double-elimination Singles Tournament for KOF XIII

The almighty payout structure
60% 1st Prize
25% 2nd Prize
15% 3rd Prize

When: Saturday February 1, 2012. We will start registration apx 1:00PM, and aim to get the party started by 2:00 PM. Please come early so we can get everyone in the brackets and start on time.

There is street parking so park with caution.

Super Street Fighter 4: Entry Fee: $10

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Entry Fee:$10

KOF XIII: Entry Fee:$5

Venue: $5(covers the venue for all fighting games you enter)
Tournament will be held on both systems.(Competing in both systems is completely optional and NOT MANDATORY)

Cash prizes and other prizes will be paid out for both systems. So if you place first, second or third in both systems you win twice.

KOF XIII WILL ONLY BE RAN ON X-BOX 360. Prizes for Mortal Kombat 9 will be announced. Must have ten entrants for KOF XIII to be held.

REMEMBER: THERE ARE SEPARATE ENTRY FEES FOR BOTH SYSTEMS. SO IF YOU DECIDE TO ENTER BOTH SYSTEMS THEN YOU WILL PAY AN ENTRY FEE FOR BOTH SYSTEMS. IF YOU PLACE IN EITHER OR BOTH SYSTEMS THEN YOU WIN THE PRIZE FOR WHICHEVER SYSTEM YOU PLACE IN. YOU DON’T HAVE TO ENTER BOTH SYSTEMS IT IS OPTIONAL.
Door prizes will be given out through out the tournaments.

Ways to save:
1.) Bring a system with game and venue fee is waived.
2.) Bring a television set and venue fee is waived

Super Street Fighter 4 Xbox 360/PS3 Starts at 2 Pm SHARP

• 2/3 Rounds 99 sec
  • 2/3 Matches, 3/5 for Winners,Losers and Grand Finals.
  • Double Elimination
  • Winner keeps same character, Loser May pick a different character
  • Winner may change Ultra but must choose before Opponent picks their Ultra.

So is this tournament on this saturday or what and who’s goin? If it’s still a thing I would gladly bring my ps3 MK9 sf4ae and mvc3 for free entry

GameUnderGround MAASSSAAACHUUSEETTSSS Framingham Tues/Fri

yes! the tournament is still on. As far as who is going we won’t know for sure until the day of the tournament. Definite attendees will be the regulars that come to fight night. And we will definitely waive the venue fee if you bring a setup. Let me know if you have any more questions.

pipipi

We will be adding Soul Caliber 5 to the tournament roster.

I will try to make it early but I’m probably not entering KOF. I’m probably going to try and host a free-entry BlazBlue tournament(with a 40 or 20 dollar prize to 1st place) sometime later that day probably after all the main events. There will be, if all goes well, anime game players appearing that night as I’ve been mentioning many many times at the venue. I will also be bringing a PS3 with KOF13(missing Mr.Karate DLC) BlazBlue CS2(have all DLC) and UMvC3 and T6. Too poor to pay that KOF entry fee yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah. Anyways, can’t wait til then. By the way, why does it say “SUN 05/1/11” or is that an error?

I have to work that day unfortunately, but I’ll likely drop by later.

Amar, can I use my own ps3 controller?

I am going to try and make it. Are the times still the same? 2pm sf? Can anyone add me in . I might not make it in time

On the T right now , hope to make it. Cane anyone sign me up for the sf:AE tournament?

Sorry I was unable to make it out guys.
You’ll see me Wednesday, better believe I send everyone I know out your way!

GG’s everyone :smiley: nice to meet everyone! My first time playing since I moved from Wisconsin! hope I wasn’t too rusty!

Wolverine/Drones alllllll day.

Good games guys, had a lot of fun in this tourney.