[Feb 18, 2012] The T & G Throwdown 2! (Horn Lake, MS)

The T & G Throwdown 2!

What: In celebration of the recent releases of AE:2012, KoF XIII, UMvC3 and Soul Calibur V, Mid-South Tournaments and Games presents another Throwdown! Test your might, bring your A game, and pit yourself against the best players from near and far, in the latest versions of the classic fighting game franchises. Also, a side tournament will be held for the brand new release from Namco: Soul Calibur 5!
Meet new players, prove your skill and be part of the community! Cash prizes await the victors!

Games: Super Street Fighter 4: AE 2012, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King Of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur V

When: February 18th, 2012 from 12:00PM – 8:00PM.
· 12:00PM – 2:00PM – Doors open, Registration and Casuals
· 2:00PM – King Of Fighters XIII
· 4:00PM – Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012
· 6:00PM – Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
· 7:30PM – Soul Calibur V

Where: Mid-South Tournaments and Games, 1731 Dancy Blvd, Horn Lake MS 38637. You can reach them at 662-510-5027.

Registration: Venue fee is $10, plus $10 Entry per game that you intend to compete in EXCEPT Soul Calibur V! SCV is $5 entry.

100% of entry fees go toward tourney winners. Pot split is **70/20/10. POT BONUS AS FOLLOWS: **
[LIST]
[]KOF XIII - $75
[
]SSF4AE - $50
[]UMvC3 - $50
[
]SCV - $25
[/LIST]
Pot bonus is subject to change.

Rules: Format is Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches. Grand Finals is 3 out of 5. All games will be played on XBOX 360.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. This is very important, regardless of whether you play on pad or stick, the controller that you use is YOUR responsibility.

**Additional Rules: **
[LIST]
[]When your name is called for a match, you must report to your station in a timely manner, failure to do so within 7 minutes will lead to you forfeiting that match. No excuses.
[
]Make sure you do your button checks before beginning the match, pausing during a game will result in the immediate forfeit of the round unless your opponent does not want the forfeit applied. Note that pausing during an Ultra/NeoMax/Hyper animation in Street Fighter 4 will also cost you the round unless the Ultra/NeoMax/Hyper kills the opponent.
[]In Street Fighter, the winner must retain same character, loser gets to pick new character/ultra if he so chooses.
[
]In KOFXIII, winner must retain same characters and team order, loser gets to change his characters and/or team order if he so chooses.
[/LIST]
**Questions?**Post below!

Flyer link is here if you want to print off your own!

STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!
Mississippi II: New Threads Actually Excite Us
Georgia fighting game scene "Growing our scene is the key "
The Bama Thread - Staying Hungry ,The Soul Still Burns!
The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)
Atlantic South Upcoming Tournaments
[Feb 11, 2012] Feb. 11th, 2012 tournament at Game Galaxy in Antioch, TN! SSF4AE,... (Antioch, TN)
The Bama Thread - Staying Hungry ,The Soul Still Burns!
The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)
Tennessee: "All F**ks Left Behind"
Tennessee Thread-"Theres Something About Seagulls and Electrolytes....."
Mississippi II: New Threads Actually Excite Us

Also, if anyone coming from out of town would like to contribute a setup and have their venue fee waived, please let me know asap!

I will ask Josh about bringing his again and let you know.

What all do we need to bring for a Setup?

Will just a 360 count?

@Crs/Glen
It kind of depends, the venue has a few lagless monitors that will go towards “console-only” setups.

Ideally, the requirements are for a 360, plus game, and an EVO monitor, you know the ASUS one that’s kind of tourney standard. Now console only can be fine, but there’s some factors involved.

However, there is going to be a cap on the setup numbers. What I mean by that is that we will only give discounts to setups that are actually used for the tourney itself. There will be some casual setups, of course, but you understand our main priority will be towards having enough setups for the tourney proper.

Glencia, if you wish to confirm now that you are bringing a console only, please let me know what games, (SFAE2012/KOF13/UMvC3) you will be bringing along with it, and whether or not you have DLC chars for KOF or Marvel, if you plan to bring either of those games.

I’ll be starting a confimed setup list here tomorrow, we have some locals who have already confirmed as well.

I have the following:

Xbox 360
SSF4 AE 2012
UMvC3 (No DLC)

Ok Glenciazord, I’ll put you down for one. So far we now have;

Confirmed setups for Feb 18th:
Hiryu - KOF, SF (all DLC for KOF)
Locke- KOF, SF, UMvC3
SRKFADC - KOF, SF, UMvC3 (all DLC for KOF)
Cylus - SF, UMvC3
DG - KOF
Glenciazord - SF, UMvC3
eraser2224 - SF

Tentative:
Sev-X - KOF, SF, UMvC3

If you are not on this list and are interested in contributing a setup, please reply or PM me. I know we have some players here who brought a setup last time but haven’t committed yet, so I’m hoping to have at least 2-4 more confirmations.

I have a friend who has a 22’ LED Samsung SyncMaster BX2331 and a 360 with SF. Will that count as a Setup?

Glenciazord, I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that Samsung model so I can’t confirm we will be ok to use it, in addition, we now have an updated list of setups.
However, if he wishes to bring his setup for use as a casual station he is welcome to do so.

Hiryu - KOF, SF (all DLC for KOF)
Locke- KOF, SF, UMvC3
SRKFADC - KOF, SF, UMvC3 (all DLC for KOF)
Cylus - SF, UMvC3
DG - KOF
Glenciazord - SF, UMvC3
eraser2224 - SF
Sev-X - KOF, SF, UMvC3 (all DLC for KOF)