[Feb 26, 2012] URI Gaming Con 2012 (Kingston, RI) 2/24-2/26 (Kingston, RI)

Info: You can find parking by Upper College Rd if you wish to drive here, there are also buses that will drive you here. All games that are listed below will be on the X Box 360. Mind your Arcade Sticks and keep it with you at all times, but if you need to step out the events staff will look after it while you are out. All but Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix will be Double Elimination and all battles will be best of 3 games. The whole event will take place in the Ball Room of the Student Union.

Entrance Fee: It is just a $5 fee for the whole weekend, $3 for those with a URI Student ID.

Tournaments:
ON FRIDAY THE 24th:
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend at 6PM
King of Fighters XIII at 7PM
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 at 9PM

ON SATURDAY THE 25th
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix at 12PM - there is no prize, but it will allow you to get your gem fix early if you know what I mean :wink:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 at 2PM
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012 at 3PM

Prizes: The first place fighter in all the named figthing games will get a $10 gift card from for Game Stop. There are no 2nd or 3rd place prizes besides respect.

URI Gaming Con 2012 is happening for all those near or in Rhode Island

All of the games that I am running will be held around 5 PM for those people with those 8 to 4’s and 9 to 5’s. If your form the area you should stop by and play. Ask me if there is anything you wish to know about this event.

AE is on which day?

AE will be on Saturday at 3PM. I’m about to update the info page with the dates and times as I just got all that finalized. Hope to see you there, tell your friends.

sign up for these events anytime before these events. Ask the people at the entrance signing people in for the con were the person is who is running sign ups and they will point you my way.

Hey whats up I just transferred to URI this year, do you all have tournaments at Memorial Union every weekend? I have to go back to Mass this weekend so I cant make it, but I saw the event time starts at 12pm on Friday can I come in and play casuals of AE around 12 on Friday?

Not really, this is going to be the one event in a long while at URI, but next week if I’m correct there is going to be something in Warwick at a place call Button Mashers. If you look it up on Facebook you can find all the info on there event. I won’t be there around 12, I need to fix that to 4 But I will have 2 set ups and we really only need one for the events so you can play casuals on the other if you have your copy of AE with you.

BB:CSE
2/24/2012

1 mike f
2 Sean Kelley
3 ralph
4 Mike Roman
5 Rayn Drago

KOF 13
2/24/2012

1 ralph
2 Sean Kelley
3 chris coffey