February 13, 2010. SF4, SF2HDR, Naruto, TvC, T6. @ East Side Game Shack, Mason, OH!

February 13, 2010. SF4, SF2HDR, Naruto CoN Rev 3, T6, and TvC:UAS @ NexGenXP East Side Game Shack, Mason OH!

Where: NexGenXP East Side Game Shack
8201 Arbor Square Drive, Mason, Ohio 45039
When: Saturday February 13, 2010.
Why: To have some fun, and make your fight money!

Prices:
Venue $10. This venue fee includes free play on any of the machines there, so if you feel like playing Madden or Halo while you’re not in a tournament match then feel free to for the rest of the day till NexGenXP closes!

Each Tournament has it’s own entry fee. All of this money goes towards the pot for each tournament.

Prizes: 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, and 3rd 10% pot splits. If any given tournament has less than 10 entrants it will be a 1st 70% and 2nd 30% pot split. And by chance that there are only 5 entrants or less for a tournament a winner take all round robin will be conducted.

Venue info: NexGenXP is a console LAN center consisting of 4 PS3’s, 4 Nintendo Wii’s, and 20 Xbox 360’s. The consoles are hooked up to 46’’ Panasonic HDTV’s with e1000 gaming chairs. These microfiber chairs have speakers inside the headrest so you hear your game and your game only! Another nice feature of the chair is built in rumble. Each player can then decide their own bass, treble, max volume, and rumble settings while playing. Tournaments will be run on each console as follows:

Games & Prices:

Street Fighter 4: PS3 $10
Tekken 6: PS3 $10
Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix: PS3 $5
BlazBlue: PS3 $5
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3: Nintendo Wii $10
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All Stars: Nintendo Wii $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Nintendo Wii $10

UPDATE REGARDING NARUTO
This tournament will count towards the Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Clash of Fighter’s Circuit! EVERYONE will earn Circuit Points no matter where they place.

Side Tournaments:

UFC: Undisputed: Xbox 360 $2

Rules:

General

2/3 matches
Winner’s finals, Losers finals, and grand finals 3/5 matches
Double Elimination
Winner of the round must stay same character
Loser of the round may opt to switch characters or stages, but never both
The first stage will be on random select unless both players agree on one
If loser switches characters then the next stage shall be set to random unless agreed upon
Any Glitch that keeps the game from being played in its native form is banned, infinites are not

Street Fighter 4: PS3
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
99 second time limit
no bans

Tekken 6: PS3
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches
60 second time limit
no bans

Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix: Xbox 360
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
99 second time limit
Akuma is banned

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3: Nintendo Wii
3/5 rounds 2/3 matches
default time
no bans
any controller is legal
hand signals are banned
latent ninja powers on
stage transitions off
obstacle off
damage setting 1

Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All Stars: Nintendo Wii
these rules are subject to change
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
99 second time limit
no bans

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Nintendo Wii
Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
3 Stocks, 8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
Items set to “Off” and “None”

Starter Stage List:

Try and remember the stage lists, it’ll help stuff run smoother, i’ll have copies of the stage lists at each brawl station as well

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:

• Stalling is Banned!

• If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing rock paper scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

• Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• If a game ends with Bowser’s Suicide Claw or Ganon’s Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said…

• King DeDeDe’s/Any standing chain grab is banned. (till 300%)
  • Marth’s hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
  • You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game.

Schedule:

Noon 1:00
Casual Play

1:00pm
SF4: PS3
BlazBlue: PS3
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All Stars: Nintendo Wii
SSBB: Nintendo Wii

4:00pm
Naruto CoN Rev 3: Nintendo Wii

30 minutes after Street Fighter 4 or BlazBlue one of these will begin, which ever has the most sign ups takes priority
Tekken 6: PS3
SSF2THDR: PS3

The tournaments that begin after 1:00pm will not begin before 3:00pm.

There will be standard Xbox 360, Wiimotes, and PS3 pads available for use. I am bringing my Xbox 360 and PS3 Madcatz TE sticks, my Nintendo Wii TvC:UAS Madcatz SE stick, and 2 classic controller Wiimote attachments. I am willing to let people use them for their matches and casual play, just please treat them as you would your own equipment. If you wish to bring your own stick or pad feel free to. I’m sure there will be multiple sticks for each system floating around so do not let that deter you from coming!

If you wish to bring in any of the following games on Xbox 360 then please do so, just be warned that both players must agree to play on that system for their tournament matches otherwise it will default to PS3. I will have a copy of SF2HDR, SF4, Tekken 6, and Blazblue on Xbox 360 with me already if you do not wish to bring your own.

The Venue opens at 12:00 noon. Tournaments will promptly begin at 1:00
Registration for each tournament will end 15 minutes before the start of the tournament so please be on time! If you think you’re going to be late ask for my contact info prior to the event and you can call in to register and i’ll hold off your match as long as possible. Pizza will be delivered to the venue around 3:30 to satisfy your hunger!

During Casual play there will be at least 1 station for each game open. If there are multiple stations for one console up the most popular game will get the second station, then the next most popular, so on and so forth. Upon ending of a tournament casuals will re-open on that console until the next tournament starts. If a station is getting no play we can switch the game on it to appease the crowd, it’s just nice to have equal representation for each game!

if you have interest in coming i encourage you to pre register. just post your name, handle, where you’re comming from, and what games you are going to play in. if you’re not sure about a game just post it anyway so i can get an idea of how many set ups need to be running

Pre-Reg List

Alex Bailey
Slayer KFK
Cincinnati, OH
all games

Alex Gumm
Akatsuki
Cincinnati, OH
Naruto Rev3

Brett Robertson
KiLLtz
Sterling Heights, MI
Naruto Shippuuden Revolution 3
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (maybe)

Nick Ivey
Servo
Ft. Mitchell, KY
SF4

Frank Casey
BimpLizkit2010
Erlanger, KY
SF4

justin Schnetzer
schnets
Cincinnati, OH
tekken 6, rev 3, TVC…maybe sf4, sf2

Erik Martin
mad possum
Cincinnati
SF4, HDR, maybe TvC, we’ll see.

Jake Reed
Gaaranub
Cincinnati, OH
Naruto CoN Rev. 3

Robert Ipach
Calcifer
Cincinnati, OH
BlazBlue

Mike Valz
zAbSoLuT
Cincinnati, OH
SSBB, T6, TvC

Big Sexy
Medium Sexy
Ft. Sexy, KY
Naruto Rev 3

Tung Duong
Ben D
West Chester, OH
SF4

Aaron Hayes
Blaze
Cincinnati, OH
TvC, SF2, Naruto Con Rev3, T6, UFC

Alex Epperhart
Blue Crane
Cincinnati, OH
Naruto Con Rev3, Smash

Lee Hunter
otter
Dayton, OH
SF4, BB, Smash

Sean Robertson
GTFOcandy
Sterling Heights, MI
Rev 3

Ben Kennedy
Bennedy
Cincinnati, OH
Naruto CoN Rev3

Ryan S.
powerslayer
Taylor Mill, KY
TvC, maybe SF4

Brad Wright
VeNoM
Cincinnati, OH
BB, UFC, Smash (maybe)

Devan Short
EMOtional Penguin
Cincinnati, OH
Smash Brawl

Cody Dunham
Mr.evil
Cincinnati, OH
Smash Brawl

Zach Robertson
Curly_friez
Cincinnati, OH
Street Fighter 4

David Hymer
D Hyme
Cincinnati, OH
Smash Brawl

Kevin Cranstoun
Cornix
Cincinnati, OH
BB, T6, maybe SF4

Matt C.
The MC Hammer
Cincinnati, OH
SF4
BB
…time permitting
TvC
SF2HD

Mike Slucher
Sluch
Newport, KY
Tekken 6

Elder Jonas
BFE, OH
Tekken 6

Warren Reeves
Uno Mas
Mason, OH
Tekken 6, TvC, Smash

Nathan Howard
(don’t think he has a screen name yet)
Trenton, OH
Rev 3

a link to the venue’s facebook page for a bit more info. there’s plenty of parking too by the way, it’s in the same plaza as a kroger so no worries there.

I don’t see a reason that i wouldn’t be able to make it

Nick Ivey
Servo
Ft. Mitchell, KY
SF4

Curious, are the tvs tested to be lag free and what not?

I may make it out to this.

when playing SF2HDR and the little bit of SF4 i’ve played here i haven’t been able to tell of any lag. i will conduct the rockband 2 lag test this week and post the results up if you would like me to.

Put me down!

Frank Casey
BimpLizkit2010
Erlanger, KY
SF4

BlazBlue will be run, pre reg list is being updated now

pre reg list updated

Sign me up man ill be there for sure this is exactly wat i was lookin for a sf4 tourny in my area sweeeet!!

Tung Duong
Ben D
West Chester, OH
SF4

Can’t wait to see you man, and im glad i could help you out!

Pre-reg List has been updated as well :slight_smile:

ill try to be there for sf4 and tvc uas but im not sure yet so ill keep you guys updated

pre reg list updated

I may make it out to this for SF4, Blazblue, and Smash (assuming I can use one of your classic controllers)

sorry I cant be sure yet :xeye:

sure you can! i’ll have 2 gamecube controllers also for that, if you wanna post your pre reg info anyway go ahead just so i can get an idea for numbers :slight_smile: thanks for showing interest and i hope to see you there!

Lee Hunter
otter
Dayton, OH

Street Fighter 4
Blazblue
Smash Bros. Brawl

Im not a huge fan of Gamecube controllers, so make sure those Wiimotes are charged up! I also have a strange button configuration so ill have to pre-set into the consoles beforehand.

no problem at all man, hope you can make it out here! pre reg list updated!

pre reg list updated

i dropped by yesterday to go check out the place and i must say its a pretty nice place i hope everybody shows up and will a be good turn out for the tournament i didnt notice any lag for the tv’s so i dont think that will be a problem and i meet some of the locals there pretty nice and funny guys.

pre reg list has been updated :slight_smile: