FEEL HEAVEN'S WRATH: Thor Thread Reloaded

Pretty good Thor. I also agree with putting thor on point and iron man as anchor. I play thor wesker doom, so it’s similar to your team as wesker otgs and doom has the beam assist. Iron man’s beam is very useful for keeping people on the ground.

Nice Thor, he is easily the strong point of your team.

So I made one last combo video before vanilla comes out. There’s nothing particularly stellar about the Thor combos, but I do showcase what I think is by far Thor’s best reset. Have a look:

[media=youtube]GzaPvFo5bYg[/media]

^ As a Thor/IM user, I approve of this.

Hey nice video there fancy pants.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

And on that note, who would be willing to make and maintain Thor’s UMvC thread? Anyone really dedicated to not only Thor but also the SRK forums up for the task? Followin’ Karst’s template would be great, and if someone’s willing to maintain the thread, I’d be more than happy to help contribute to it.

Im surprised no one has posted the Thor Changes but here they are

• Pushback on standing Medium Attack has been reduced.

• Standing Light Attack, Jumping Light Attack, Mighty Smash and Mighty Spark have improved hitboxes.

• Normal and Special moves damage scaling minimums have been increased.

• Mighty Spark’s untechable state on the opponent has been increased.

• Reduced startup time to get to a full charge of Hard Mighty Smash.

• Mighty Strike had an overall frame reduction.

• Reduced startup time to get to a full charge of Hard Mighty Strike.

• Mighty Hurricane’s active throw frames have been increased.

• Mighty Punish is now completely invincible from the first frame onwards.

• Mighty Punish now gives Thor more time to move around after it lands.

• Mighty Punish’s active throw frames have been increased.

• Thor’s mashable Hyper is Mighty Tornado.

Good lookin’ out, but been talkin’ about it in the UMvC3 thread.

Still no word on his supposed new move? Isn’t it some new vertical projectile?

A few thoughts on the changes:

From the looks of it I guess they really don’t want to improve his ground normals much. I guess that might be ok considering the rest of his buffs.

I wonder what they mean by “overall frame reduction” for mighty strike. Faster startup? Faster recovery? both?

Will you be able to followup Mighty Punish with an OTG assist or H Mighty Smash?

I was hoping they would improve Mighty Thunder somehow, like give it better recovery or invincibility frame, or make it so it always comes out like Magnetic Shockwave. Ah well, looks it will still have minimal uses.

Better active frames and range on command throws means better resets.

Might be able to loop Mighty Sparks at the end of a combo with assists now?

Thor’s damage output will be insane with the change to Special move scaling. Hopefully his normals don’t scale to 0 anymore either.

I don’t use Hard Mighty Smash much outside of combos, but it should be much easier to land after an air combo. Also, a blocked H Mighty Smash canceled into Mighty Punish and DHC’d into something like She-Hulk’s air grab could be nasty. If they pushblock the smash it’s essentially safe, if they don’t, they have to jump or get thrown, if they jump, they get grabbed by She-Hulk on reaction. So dirty, lol.

I already posted that in the Thor UMvC3 changes thread.

I *really *wish they would do something to Mighty Thunder. It’s so bad at the moment. Ideally, I’d like them to take away the slow ass recovery and start-up

I agree 100% with this.

Also does increased active throw frames = increased range?

And am I reading it wrong or are they implying that Thor can now combo off of a Mighty Punish? If so that’s pretty cool, wish that had a bit more range though too. Glad it’s finally invincible like it should be though.

no it means that it stays active longer, it doesnt affect the range but it makes the timing easier. That being said the range is getting buffed too AFAIK.

Im assuming that MP can be followed up now otherwise it would be a pointless buff, question is can thor follow it up with mighty smash H or will you need a quick OTG assist to do it.

Yeah that’s what I took the MH buff as, still that should really help with resets and as we all know 1 reset = easy kill. As for Mighty Punish if Thor can recover fast enough he could probably combo off it himself, at the end of MP it causes a bit of “bounce” kinda similar to MH.

Has anyone tried DHCing from Mighty Punish to Dark Dimension before? I was in training mode, and the thought occurred to me. But it didn’t go through. After Mighty Punish landed, I waited for a bit to make sure the character would hit the ground and then did Dark Dimension, but the game kept giving me Chaotic Flame. It might be because I’m rushed and gotta head out now, but could someone try this and tell me what kinda results you get?

If you allow for the first bounce after the punish the character will land and stay on the ground, you then have a pretty large window to come in with Dark Dimension. It does 710,000 w/o x-factor and you can get 1,016,000 with x-factor level 1 before the might punish. Seems pretty legit to me if you really want to get rid of someone.

XFC>Mighty Punish>Iron Avenger>HYPER COMBO K.O :slight_smile:

A’ight, cool. Thanks. I just like the fact that it’s two cutscene supers combo’d together. Ha ha.

Yea his throws should be much better in Ultimate also I think as far as resets are concerned the whole, Mighty Spark Untechable state on the opponent has been increased is basically going to give Thor Free air resets. I think MP is a hard KnockDown so depending on how quickly Thor can move around now you should be able to self OTG with Hard Mighty Smash, I am all kinds of excited. Lastly if the guy at the local gamestop is right I should have the guide in 5 days I will post up every bit of frame data on Specials and Normals from Ultimate and a Comparison from Vanilla seeing as I have the old guide as well.