Fei Matchup Tier List In Your Opinion

fei-long

Seeing Air do this made me wanna start one for Fei. I dont like how he basically said his character isnt good against ANYBODY. Respond with your experiences against the characters. Anyways please respond with what your opinion is.

Character/Fei

Rufus -5.5/4.5
Akuma - 5/5
Guile - 6/4
Sagat - 4/6
Dictator - 5.5/4.5
CViper - 5/5
Ryu - 4/6
Boxer - 6/4
ChunLi - 5.5/4.5
EHonda - 5/5
Dhalsim - 6/4
Ibuki - 5.5/4.5
Zangief - 6.5/3.5
Blanka - 6/4
Seth - 5/5
Dudley - 4.5/5.5
Cammy - 4.5/5.5
El Fuerte - 4/6
Ken - 5/5
Juri - 5.5/4.5
Rose - 4/6
THawk - 6/4
DeeJay - 4/6
Guy - 4/6
Cody - 4/6
Gouken - 3/7
Claw - 5/5
Adon - 5/5
Gen - 5/5
Hakan - 5/5
Makoto - 4/6
Sakura - 5.5/4.5
Dan - 5/5
Abel - 3/7

Character/Fei

Rufus -5/5
Akuma - 5/5
Guile - 6/4
Sagat - 6/4
Dictator - 6/4
CViper - 5/5
Ryu - 5/5
Boxer - 6/4
ChunLi - 6/4
EHonda - 5/5
Dhalsim - 4/6
Ibuki - 4/6
Zangief - 5/5
Blanka - 5/5
Seth - 5/5
Dudley - 4/6
Cammy - 5/5
El Fuerte - 4/6
Ken - 5/5
Juri - 5/5
Rose - 4/6
THawk - 5/5
DeeJay - 5.5/4.5
Guy - 5/5
Cody - 4/6
Gouken - 4/6
Claw - 6/4
Adon - 5/5
Gen - 5/5
Hakan - ?
Makoto - 4/6
Sakura - 5/5
Dan - 5/5
Abel - 5/5

loses-guile, sagat, dictator, boxer, chun-li, claw, slight loss to deejay
wins-sim, ibuki, dudley, fuerte, rose, cody, gouken, makoto

I wanna play too!

Character/Fei

Rufus -5/5
Akuma - 5/5
Guile - 6/4
Sagat - 5/5
Dictator - 5.5/4.5
CViper - 5/5
Ryu - 4/6
Boxer - 6/4
ChunLi - 6/4
EHonda - 5/5
Dhalsim - 5/5
Ibuki - 4/6
Zangief - 6/4
Blanka - 4/6
Seth - 5.5/4.5
Dudley - 4/6
Cammy - 5/5
El Fuerte - 4.5/5.5
Ken - 5/5
Juri - 5/5
Rose - 4.5/5.5
THawk - 4/6
DeeJay - 5.5/4.5
Guy - 4/6
Cody - 4/6
Gouken - 4/6
Claw - 5/5
Adon - 5/5
Gen - 4.5/5.5
Hakan - 4/6
Makoto - 4/6
Sakura - 5/5
Dan - 4/6
Abel - 4.5/5.5

Loses: Guile, Dictator (slightly), Boxer, Chun, Zangief, Seth (slight)
Wins: Ryu, Ibuki, Blanka, Dudley, Fuerte (slight), Rose (slight), T. Hawk, Guy, Cody, Gouken, Hakan, Gen (slight), Makoto, Abel (slight), Dan

Lol that might make Fei top tier haha. Still, he loses to enough popular characters. This is going off my experiences with people who I believe represent these characters well, not just the sheer number of scrubs I beat.

Character/Fei

Rufus -4.5/5.5
Akuma - 5/5
Guile - 6/4
Sagat - 4.5/5.5
Dictator - 5.5/4.5
CViper - 4.5/5.5
Ryu - 4/6
Boxer - 6/4
ChunLi - 6/4
EHonda - 5/5
Dhalsim - 5/5
Ibuki - 5/5
Zangief - 6/4
Blanka - 4/6
Seth - 5.5/4.5
Dudley - 5/5
Cammy - 4/6
El Fuerte - 4.5/5.5
Ken - 5/5
Juri - 4.5/5.5
Rose - 5/5
THawk - 5/5
DeeJay - 4/6
Guy - 4/6
Cody - 4/6
Gouken - 4/6
Claw - 5/5
Adon - 4/6
Gen - 4/6
Hakan - 4/6
Makoto - 4/6
Sakura - 4/6
Dan - 4/6
Abel - 4.5/5.5

I feel any character who needs to be up in Fei’s face (sakura, hakan, adon, rufus etc) to do damage will lose to fei simply because of fei’s close range punishment capability. people who play a certain kind of zoning have a better time with fei (dic, chun, boxer) because they just might play the close zoning game better than us

fei straight up beats fireball spam but has even fights vs a mixed bag of mostly people who have a strong ground game (shoutouts to dudley for doing 40% with 1 bar)

Dudley? Pffft… Zone him out all day. 4/6, no joke.

alright… we could say the same for gief, but the dude’s still 6/4 T.T

No man,Dudleys moveset completely loses to low pokes and Fei long has a lot of them (c.mk,cr.hp etc) and you can do the same amount of damage as dudley when you get a chance because the cl.mp combo works on him.On your wakeup its hard for dudley because of dp,cw,u2 while his wakeup is really bad.

I only have one thing to say. Fei v Fei is 9-1.

I’m the Fei on the right hand side.

Haha, while writing the first post I was considering putting fei in as well =P For me its 5/5

Sakura totally blows Fei up - in close combat in my opinion, and Vega can be touch and go if you get a good one.

I’m not going to bother with the list, I think everyone is 5/5 apart from -:

Bison , Balrog and Chun (closer though). Or just anyone else who decides to walk back the whole match.

Here I go… based on my online and offline experiences.

Character/Fei

Rufus -5/5
Akuma - 6/4
Guile - 7/3
Sagat - 6/4
Dictator - 6/4
CViper - 5/5
Ryu - 4/6
Boxer - 6/4
ChunLi - 5/5
EHonda - 4/6
Dhalsim - 4/6
Ibuki - 5/5
Zangief - 5/5
Blanka - 4/6
Seth - 5/5
Dudley - 4/6
Cammy - 4/6
El Fuerte - 5/5
Ken - 4/6
Juri - 4/6
Rose - 5/5
THawk - 5/5
DeeJay - 4/6
Guy - 4/6
Cody - 4/6
Gouken - 5/5
Claw - 5/5
Adon - 5/5
Gen - 4/6
Hakan - 3/7
Makoto - 4/6
Sakura - 5/5
Dan - 3/7
Abel - 5/5

After Arcade DLC hits a lot of these will change…

You would think, but the changes didnt really do that much to anybody. The matches that are gonna be hard are still hard, and the easy still easy. Ive played it, its nothing groundbreaking. He beats the twins, I could say that.

small things have a way of changing matchups that you dont notice at first glance. like the sweep combo should make the charge fast walkers less of a hassle because you get more untechable knockdowns.

on the flip side, dudley cody and rog might be a little harder because you dont have HK CW to bail you out of frame traps and resets any more while at the same time getting a big combo

O yeah, youll definitely have to go down a notch on rog, viper, fuerte, mainly non fireball people that you could use hk chickenwing with efficiency against.

We could, but we’d have to assume the Gief is trying to play a gimmicky game. Gief wins the footsies battle and forces 50/50s on fei whenever he gets close. Dudley loses the footsies battle and is forced to play defensively against feis 50/50 up close. PM me if you arent’t convinced. I’m pretty sure i know how you’re trying to picture the match-up, but really it shouldn’t go that way if the gief player knows how to fight it.

i get what you mean kobra, and you’re right about dudley. I’m just traumatised from eating too many dudley s.hps. goddamn i hate that move.

I agree with Starnab when it comes to the Zangief matchup. We can poke him out using the right pokes and we have two methods of anti-airing his annoying jump. If he tries to OS using cr.LK, then use st.HP. If he tries to OS cr.LP, use cr.HP. Will either trade in your favor or beat it clean. Other than Zangief’s usual shenanigans to try and get in, I have never really felt like there was a significant reason that Fei was more vulnerable to Zangief’s mixups than other characters.

Because of rekkas it’s also a whole lot easier to punish things like a whiffed SPD after a backdash or whatnot. Ultimately the match can go either way. Fei’s only noticeable weakness is that he has no risk-free method of chipping Zangief (like Chun-li’s fireball).

(Of course, this is probably the most theoretical thread of all time so there’s no reason it should get so heated that it has to get drug to PM battles…)

Nyoronoru Sagat advantage vs Feilong 6/4? ARE YOU HIGH?

Lol not getting heated. Just keeping the thread clean; it would be more of a side-conversation than a “PM battle” :rolleyes: In any case, you and Starnab are right, but I still believe the footsies battle is in Gief’s favor. Call me crazy if you please, but I believe it’s difficult to truly pressure Gief. Those fights are hardest for Fei overall.

yeah i’m cool with kobra and i definitely respect his opinion (cause he’s 10x better than me)
half my games were against guile tonight. i’ve never been this salty in my life.

anyway, yeah it’s hard to pressure gief, i guess it’s more about absorbing the pressure. i think of zangief as a vortex character, and take it from there. absorb it, gtfo & reset the field, faceoff. just like vs akuma! only with less chest hair