FFA : A response from Ralph that needs to be heard!

I am personally copying this from a closed thread because this seriously needs to be heard. a small group seems to enjoy slandering him and his business which isnt very nice. this group has been allowed to speak their mind and their thread was not closed. well, i am opening this thread to allow ralph’s response to be heard and have some hopefully positive responses. it is very unfair to ralph or anyone else to have their business slandared without any proof. there is “0 proof” to this accusations that were placed against him and this response is straight from his keyboard to your living room. im not asking you guys to love and support ffa, but respect it at very least because ralph deserves at least that from the community he helped keep around for the last 35 years.

Ralph’s Response to the Community

The following is a response from Ralph (the owner of FFA), not from Nathan (the owner of this account).

For anyone who follows the forums on SRK there has been a lot to see lately regarding the SoCal fighting game scene and FFA. I have never posted here before, but the recent developments require an appropriate response. Let me begin with introduction. My name is RALPH and I have owned and run FFA now since 1974, approximately 35 years (I think I have much to be proud of with FFA).

It has become necessary for me to speak and set the record straight regarding false and inaccurate statements made on Shoryuken. First I will address the recent thread regarding the Southern California Regionals in SIMI VALLEY. READ THIS CAREFULLY! THE STATEMENTS MADE ARE ABSOLUTELY FALSE AND ARE OUTRIGHT LIES. THOSE WHO SAY THEY SAW ME IN SIMI VALLEY ARE LIARS AND ARE LYING. THIS IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH. I DEFY ANY OF THESE INDIVIDUALS TO PURSUE THIS ALLEGATION BECAUSE IT IS NOT TRUE. I WAS NOT THEN NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN TO, AROUND, OR NEAR DENJIN ARCADE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN DENJIN AND I DID NOT THEN NOR HAVE I EVER CALLED ANY FIRE MARSHALL OR ANY OTHER AGENCY REGARDING DENJIN. On the day that the fire marshals went there I spent the day at home with my wife and my son. Again, the statements that I was seen there or called anyone are a complete fantasy! Consider the source! People see the Virgin Mary in a piece of pizza and it makes the 11 o? clock news. People see Elvis working at Burger King. Does that make it real? IF YOU BELIEVE YOU SAW ME AT DENJIN IT?S BECAUSE YOU ARE HATEFULLY DELUSIONAL AND YOU SAW WHAT YOU WANTED TO SEE!

So, the next time you decide to slander someone I suggest you do it with fewer childish insults that expose your pathetic disconnection from reality; OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD MANUFACTURE SOME PROOF. CAN?T YOU GENIUSES GET BUSY AND PHOTOSHOP SOMETHING GOOD? I SUGGEST PUTTING MY PICTURE IN A GRAN TORINO SHOUTING ?HEY, YOU KIDS GET OFFA MY LAWN!? MAYBE I GIVE YOU TOO MUCH CREDIT, ALL YOU HAVE IS NAME CALLING AND LIES.

Just to address the details let?s look at the facts. IF SUPPOSEDLY 30, UH NO, 20, UH NOW 10 PEOPLE SAW ME (WHICH ISN?T POSSIBLE) WHY ARE THEY HIDING? Here I am, my name is RALPH, I have nothing to hide; challenge me, you liars, you know you are lying and you are cowards.

I feel sorry for those of you who fell for this and I understand some of you don?t know me and might entertain the thought that this is plausible, but I state again: THESE ARE LIARS and their motives are their own and their agenda is obvious. This is a complete fabrication! YOU CAN?T MANUFACTURE TRUTH, THIS DIDN?T HAPPEN!

Is it possible that one of the neighboring businesses got fed up with some of the activities affecting their business and made the call? This will always be a challenge to those who operate game centers, unfortunately some of our customers? habits and actions make us unpopular with the community. I have owned many arcades and we have always worked diligently to lessen the effects of our business on our neighbors. Sometimes this makes us unpopular with some players (perhaps explaining some dissent). Sometimes our patrons show little respect for other businesses? right to operate. This is why cities and landlords have negative restrictions on this type of business, big surprise there.

It seems to me that everyone should look a little closer at this. I can?t recall any posts from FFA players or employees saying ANYTHING NEGATIVE about Denjin on the forums. CONVERSELY THERE IS A CONSTANT STREAM OF VITRIOLIC RAGING AGAINST FFA, MOSTLY FROM DENJINITES. IT?S IRONIC HOW THOSE WHO POST HATE ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT THEY RANT AGAINST. HOW HYPOCRITICAL. HOW PATHETIC. I DON?T OFTEN READ THE FORUMS LATELY BECAUSE I SAW IT HAD DEGENERATED INTO THIS MENTAL MASTURBATION PIT FOR A FEW IMMATURE LOUDMOUTHS WHO ONLY HAVE KEYBOARD COURAGE AND NO INTEGRITY. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE PRINCIPLES OF SHORYUKEN ARE, AND IT SHOULD BE CONDEMNED BY ALL WHO VALUE THE INCREDIBLE JOB SHORYUKEN DOES FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE GAME. Maybe some people don?t fully comprehend the consequences of their words. Those people should be well advised that slanderous and defamatory statements can do untold damage and may come back to haunt them. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BUT IT COMES WITH RESPONSIBILITY AND TRUTH IS THE FOUNDATION.

Thank you to all the people who had the objectivity and courage to speak out on my behalf. FFA has had a long history and I have always enjoyed good relations with other SoCal arcade owners. The arcade scene is tenuous at best. To the players who have supported FFA over the years and whose commitment to the game has made the competition exceptional, to the many people I?ve met who I consider friends, and to the many dedicated employees who have made FFA a place of many fond memories for me. I say, ?Thank you.?

I will address other issues regarding the SoCal scene in a future post.

I have read the above post.

I do not know anything about this drama or about FFA.

But one thing that I do know is that there are a lot of hypocritical terds in this community, who like to hide. Shit is worldwide.

Poor SRK. A grounds for the said terds to flourish. :rofl: I feel bad when I read shit like this.

I hope this gets cleared up. I’m not siding with either cuz I don’t know shit, but, people deserve respect and we know who those people are…it’s just some of us are uber fuckin retarded and we let it cover our better selves.

This is what started this thread, for those of you who don’t know:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=173360

That’s pretty messed up that the FFA owner is being thrown under the bus for something he more than likely didn’t do. Although I hold no opinion on the issue since I was not there, nor do I know the full extent of the drama, I can tell you it is not uncommon for the Fire Marshall/Department to show up and close down a business for exceeding capacity.

If the Fire Marshall was called out, it would have been on basis of exceeding occupancy or going outside the scope of the businesses entitlment permit. The crowds/lingering around the business also makes it difficult to get along with neighboring business owners/residents, whom I pressume where the most likely to have called the Fire Department.

Edited
Clarified that Denjin wasn’t closed down, don’t want to create any confusion/start rumors.

Denjin wasn’t shut down, but the Fire Marshal was called to inspect it. He didn’t notice anything wrong.

I used to work at FFA and I know Ralph well enough to know that the allegations against him are complete BS. Ralph is a busy man and an accomplished business owner. He does not have the time to sneak around foiling other business owners. People need to stop and think about how rediculous the allegations sound before they pass judgment. Always consider the source before believeing what you’ve read or heard.

I now live in AZ but I always manage to vist FFA whenever I’m in town. I will always have fond memories of working for Ralph and the times that I spent there as a child.

Peace

Wow, that other thread was hard to read. I’m new to SRK and didn’t know there were a lot of little shits on these boards. I started playing at Family right when they got Champion Edition (92), but haven’t been there in a long time since I just don’t play sf2 like I use to. I started playing again with the release of HD remix and decided to join this forum after being referred by a friend. Anyways, what’s up Ralph? I’m sure you would remember me. I knew Bob, and would always be playing with old school sf2 legends like James Cha, Big Jerry, Frenchy, Gerald, Andy Cockburn (lol) Daryl, Mike, Reid, Charlie (RIP), Phillip, Little Teddie, Doug Cox, Sean Mann, etc… I’ve had a lot of good memories there including the first Champion Edition tourney where Tomo barely beat James Cha in the finals. Along with the fun memories, I’ve also met a lot of good friends that I still see today. You always have my support and thanks again for the memories.

Mike

andrew cockburn…is that the guy who used to think he was the shit at a2 until a certain SHGL player came down and laid the beatings on him?

Not sure if Andrew played Alpha 2 or not as I personally stopped playing after Super Sf2 Turbo. He did talk a lot of shit which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I haven’t seen him in years, but last I heard he was a born again Christian and looking to become a pastor…lol Overall, he meant well…