Sol3, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
(818) 360-0419

When:
Sunday July 6th
EVO: 1PM
Normal: 6PM

Price:
$5 pot + $3 venue = $8 to enter.
FREE entry if you provide a Wii. If you provide a Wii, please be considerate of all the tournament goers, and let us use it for the entire duration of the tournament. Last tournament we had several people pull their console out because they lost and they wanted to go.

The pot will be split 70/20/10 or in the case of 64 or more 60/25/10/5. There will be no limit to the number of entrants this time.

Rules:
Okay guys, before you start flaming me for how we’ll do this read the whole thing.
We all know EVO is coming up, and I know you all hate EVO rules. However, we’ve always supported EVO here at the arcade. So, we’ll make a compromise.

We’ll do both an EVO ruleset and a normal ruleset individually:
The EVO tournament will start at 1PM, afterwards we will do the normal ruleset at 6PM. If you do not want to play using EVO rules, you don’t have to, show up before 6PM and play in the normal tournament.

Both tournaments will be double elimination and singles.

Wireless controllers like the Wiimote will NOT be allowed in tournament play!

EVO rules (taken from http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=158001 ):
First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited. This will result in a loss of the match.

Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A

1. First stage is Smashville
  2. Winner keeps character
  3. Loser can either pick stage or character
  4. If loser picks stage then character is kept
  5. If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B

1. First stage is Smashville
  2. Loser picks stage
  3. Winner picks character
  4. Loser picks character

3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
Items on medium spawn.
Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game. Highest Stock, then lowest percentage after time expires is the winner.

Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip’s Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.

Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m, Summit, Rumble Falls.

Normal Rules:
3 stock, 7 Min timer, 2/3 games
No items

Cannot repick stages

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter Stages:
Lylat Cruise
Luigi’s Mansion
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Crossposted at AIB: http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1467

wish i could go, i saw it was 8/6/08 and i am free but when you look its actually 7/6/08 and i cant that day. should fix that, the date is wrong topic says august post says july :slight_smile:

You’re right, sorry about that. Is there a way to change the title of a thread? I can’t seem to figure it out.

their should be a team tourney!!!

Double Click it when looking at all threads in this section

Thanks.

Team tourney :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh shaddup already!

:arazz:
fuck you dae :mad: haha
:lovin:

Sorry but I don’t swing that way :arazz: