Fight stick being detected by PC but not actually working

Hey everyone,

Like I said in the title, my Xbox 360 Madcatz street fighter x tekken fight stick pro is being detected by my pc but doesnt actually work. It comes up in my “Devices and printers” and the 360 button lights up, but when i try to use it/test it on the game controller settings section nothing happens. So pretty much it gets picked up by the pc as being there, but doesnt actually do anything. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

First did you try a different USB port?

Is it being detected as a Xbox 360 controller or not?

Did Windows tried to install the game controller yet?
The controller has to have the drivers installed for that controller to work, detection isn’t enough.
With modern Windows instillation the driver installation should of been automatic as Xbox 360 drivers been pre-installed in Windows 8 and 10.

You might have to uninstall the controller and install it again.

which game?
killer instinct?

Are you able to test it on a 360?

Ive tried all the different USB ports on my computer, works for some and doesnt for others.
I believe it is being detected as an Xbox 360 controller because under its properties it says its; “HID-compliant game controller”, “USB Input Device” and “Xbox 360 Controller for Windows”.
How can I confirm they’ve been installed? When I plugged it in for the first time it came up saying that it was installing them and i’m using Windows 10 as well so surely the drivers are there.

Thank you for the help!

I’ve been trying to use it for SFV which I know im going to have to use joy2key or some external program, but it’s not working with anything else either.

Yes but not until I get home from work, so i’ll have to do that later.

Thanks everyone!