Fighting EX Layer

Tekken 3ds was a port of the psp version of tekken 6

live stream now

Youtube stream isn’t working only the Nicovideo one is.
I’ve even got pics

then link it up baybee

Here’s another link since they’re having tech issues

Yesssss I knew it. Looks really really good, they only need to polish the animations.

Looks like it’s play more like Fighting Layer than SFEX with he walled stages and sidesteps.

[] I do like the new aesthetic with Garuda and Kairi, while Hokuto is just fine with or without the bangs.
] Arika should have kept the SFEX Kairi’s Tatsumaki, like the many would comment in the video stream.
[*] They should present sometime Skullomania, Nanase, Geist, Blair, Allen and Rosso along with notable Fighting Layer characters sometime.

Gameplay mechanics:

[] Arika should avoid adding custom combo/excel mechanics in the game that some other guys would suggest and recommend in the video stream.
] The sidestep was a nice thing but it kinda kill the purpose of projectiles and zoning because it was the common problem with alot of 3d fighters that has a character that is designed to be a 2d fighter but in a 3d plane somewhat like KOFMI, Toshiden(yes) and a lot of 3d fighter with projectile in the past(90s). I’m not against it. It is welcome to me since SF4 dev, but only if it is properly implemented as a gameplay mechanic to be explored for 2d plane fighters. A sidestep mechanic should never like act a dodge mechanic in common 3d plane fighters…

[] The sidestep should have a delay that makes you pause in a vulnerable stance/slow movement pace(very few frames) that can be punished and be also rewarding for successful reads when to sidestep or not to sidestep, something like a wise game mechanic for the right decision that is need to be perform with precision* not just simple guesses and timing without consequences.

[] The stages were amazing to be a remixed and inspired from SF2’s Ryu and Cammy.
] I like the Cammy like remixed stage that whole plane of the stage is more long rectangle and not to be an equal square or another widespace like those Tekken and DOA, this makes the gameplay of the stage to be unique, kept the zonning dynamic in the plane that every sidestep needs to be strategically work around in every area when trying to move in a different plane, because it’s not just another decision for evasion and reset of situation to another wide open space like those generic 3d fighter.
[]Stages should have a uniformed similar field like many prominent fighters unlike Smash, Injustice, MK and Powerstone. They should make every stages like the Cammy remixed that is a long rectangle field.
] Some of the video stream commentators suggesting to add stage transition like those in Tekken and DOA, Which I believe Arika should avoid so that their game won’t be just another wannabe.

Arika can standout in the market today by introducing a different brand of sub genre to fighting games, if they avoid trying to be another 3d fighters or another 2d fighters by simply introducing a newer better tech and a different perspective of gameplay exclusive to brand their game, It’s like how Namco managed to reinvent Tekken franchise away from it’s usual and traditional roots of 3d fighter genre in it’s era that they were before (Tekken 1-3).

People should keep in mind this is just a demo to raise interest in the project. They lack the funds to complete it on their own, so they couldn’t present more than those three characters. Hope they do a kickstarter, there’s evidently enough interest on this and they managed to make very well done models and stages, I think it would do very well if they go that way.

Vesper just said that the official name of the game is Fighting EX Layer. Which means the game was purposely built around that game and essentially makes it a spiritual sequel to that game with EX characters.

It really doesn’t have an official name. I was at the event yesterday and the only thing confirmed was that it won’t be SFEX4. ‘Fighting EX Layer’ was said as a joke. ‘Fighting Layer EX’ and other variations including ‘plus’ and ‘alpha’ were mentioned at different points.

Anyway, I don’t think I’ve seen a translation of this uploaded anywhere yet, so…

LOL well the unofficial name sounds cheesy enough for now.

It’s got the easy combination chain just like Fighting Layer also. Fighting Layer was the first game to have an auto combo and a burst mechanic. Game was beyond its time.

I hope they give some attacks tracking properties so that they can beat sidesteps.

Yeah ZONINGBOYZ gonna be pissed off about sidesteps if that shit is free.

They have that in mind already. That’s why Kairi’s hurricane kick is the standard type, not what he (and Ryu) had in previous games. It’s for catching sidesteps.

What about the fireballs doe? We must protect the fireballs.

I think fireballs will be risky in this game. There are too many ways to avoid them unless point blank/in a combo. Apart from the sidestepping, the ‘EX arrow’ super jump also arcs right over them. It’s a cool move but probably needs a meter cost or something.

Samurai Shodown IV did burst before with Rage Explosion and World Heroes 2 IIRC had auto combos.

Our lord and saviour Lupinko, who was at the event, has stated that he has no idea where Vesper got that name.