Fighting Game Development

I’ve always loved fighting games and recently after seeing mike Z and his team starting skullgirls, it got me thinking, maybe I can make one too? I understand though that it’s a huge undertaking and would probably require a talented team. So I thought I’d hit up my fellow hardcore fighting game heads to see if anyone would like to be involved / share some tips / ideas, opinions.

First of all I’ll admit that i’m neither the greatest player nor the most talented guy, but I do have a passion for fighters. My own skills / talents lie in graphic design & light coding(I do freelance graphic design and web development for a living), marketing background (did online marketing for Universal records and worked in Advertising before working for myself), Sound Effects / Music (I do music production as a hobby), and a strong understanding of martial arts (I practice bagua zhang)

I figured we’d need at least 2 game programmers and 1 or more artists(someone who’s strong in illustration, i can do some maya/zbrush stuff but i can’t draw even if my life depended on it). I can handle sound, design, and marketing/business.

Ideally It be awesome if we get some people here in Los Angeles / So Cal and we can meet up and make this happen! (For something like this i think it’d be awesome if we could brainstorm in person)

I’m thinking that we could just work on really small projects to get our feet wet (obvious there’s no way we’d be able to make a full blown awesome fighter with our first project).[SIZE=15px][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#141414]Would love it for anyone to share some thoughts / tips / experience in game development![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]