Fighting game references in other Games/Movies/TV Shows

I’m a huge nerd and like looking for references to the games I play in other forms of media, specifically TV shows and movies. I thought we could compile a list of references to Street Fighter (and other fighting games) in popular media. I’ll try and provide video clips if I can find them.

In the Family Guy episode Sibling Rivalry, Peter names off his children, but does so incorrectly because he cannot remember his own kids’ names. First he names characters from Nick at Nite shows, but then he lists off Street Fighter 2 characters (Zangief, Chun-Li, Blanka, E. Honda, and Guile).

In Team Fortress 2, the Pyro’s taunt is an obvious Hadoken. Note if you do this close to an enemy it will kill them.
[media=youtube]C8caLT0vACc[/media]

Robot Chicken has had Ryu from Street Fighter in one of their skits:
[media=youtube]b2DE9tCnSvg[/media]

Guile makes an appearance in the Harvey Birdman game for Wii (it helps that it was published by Capcom).

[media=youtube]NP6uqbb7z9U#t=46s[/media]

Feel free to contribute to this, I’m trying to compile a list here. :slight_smile:

Here is a reference to Street Fighter in webcomic Neroid. This comic is awesome check it out if you haven’t.

http://nedroid.com/2010/03/they-call-me-the-litigation-hammer/

Famous Street Fighter player Daigo is referenced in the Pure Pwnage Web Series

[media=youtube]FtyTtGue1SM[/media]

The announcer that yells “KO!” in the Scott Pilgrim vs the World trailer is clearly the Street Fighter Alpha 3 announcer.

[media=youtube]xgOLmjhxVVU#t=1m05s[/media]

[media=youtube]FtyTtGue1SM[/media]

[media=youtube]xgOLmjhxVVU#t=1m05s[/media]

Added to the list. Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

[media=youtube]1YdFetzEIxs[/media]

There was a thread like that before