Fighting game sales figures?

I am doing a little research on an article i am writing atm, and i am desperately looking for anywhere i can find a comprehensive list of video game sales figures, including fighting games.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: that title is misleading, maybe one of the mods can remove video from the title please.

omni has the most accurate sales figures, I believe…

omni had a good list a long time ago. the numbers are really ugly tho if it isnt called doa, soul calibu, or tekken however. well then again mkt sold pretty well

www.vgcharts.org

Street fighter Alpha 3 for PSX was a greatest hits and it only sold .39 million in the U.S. How many units does it take to qualify as a greatest hits?

PS2 it takes 500k to become greatest hits. Granted games like Madden sell 500k the first week and obviously those aren’t greatest hits for a while so there are some other factors.

What are you looking for? I can give you ps2, xbox 1 and 360, gamecube, wii, ps3, ds, gba sales figures for america.

Since I’m bored I’ll give you some random things - this is all from February sales #'s:

DOA4 - 369,000 (damn…doa extreme volleyball 2 clocked in 49k total so far)

Tekken on PSP: 150k
Tekken 5: 647k
Tekken 5 CE: 22k (wonder how many they even made? still…thats a lot of joysticks)
Tekken 4: 1.2 million
Tekken Tag: 1.4 million (damn…t4 hella caught up when it went to greatest hits)

VF4: Evo: 285k
VF4: 625k

A3 on PSP: 91k

Ok, i’m bored looking for random things that make me laugh. Hit me up with what you are looking for.

Derek Daniels

http://www.seangilley.com/cat/dudecat.jpg <-- what animator does this remind you of?

Ah…the good old days when Capcom and SNK fighting games on the Dreamcast sat big and pretty on top of the Japanese sales charts…

http://www.vgchartz.com/japweekly.php?date=36247

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, those numbers give a slanted perspective considering that site has no information about Playstation system sales until 2005 (WTF???)

PSX was slightly different.

Alpha 3 did do a little less than 500k in the US but it did over 1 Million worldwide, making it one of the PSX’s elite sellers.

So maybe the world-wide market is also taken into consideration.

Was it wrong of me to come into this topic expecting poseable Chun Li dolls?

I am so used to broken english being used on other forums, my brain just didn’t quite “get” what this topic was asking for. :wink:

With that said, outside of www.vgcharts.org (already posted and horribly outdated - not to mention wrong), the best chance at getting the information you want is to request a specific game’s figures. I have access to back Media create/NPD numbers and though Fighting games are usually barely a blip on their register, it is good for at least providing first month sales.

WHoops i forgot i made this thread. Omni would it all be possible to find out how much SF2:HF sold on xbla. Also wondering if you have access to UK figures, specifically for t5, sf:ac and cfj.

Thanks

I knows nothing about XBLA and I knows even less about UK, sorry yo.

Derek Daniels