Fighting game suggestions

Can anybody here suggest any fighting games for me to try out? The style I like the most is like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, King Of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting, King of Fighters. It could even be one that the point is like the early SF’s before the specials. Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if this thread has been made before.

Just watch some videos. That should give you an idea about whatever game you want to try out.

www.combovideos.com
www.orochinagi.com
www.youtube.com (www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills - go to playlists, there’s a shitload of videos I put in there)

umm… o.O street fighter 3rd strike, marvel vs capcom 2, capcom vs snk 2, king of fighters XI, neowave, garou mark of the wolves… you pretty much listed all the main games XD

Seems you pretty much like everything, only major thing you didn’t list was marvel games. Just try all those games you listed. See what you like you best. Plus theres no rule saying you have to play 1 specific game. Play as many as want. Soon enough you’ll find out what you like best, then take it from there.

Garou:Mark Of The Wolves
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Guilty Gear XX:#Slash
King Of Fighters: XI
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Edit:
I would add In Samurai Spirits Tenka but I don’t know if it’s out yet… but I do know is that I want it :slight_smile:

Since you said King of Fighters two times, I will suggest King of Fighters XI. My love of fighting games has been renewed completely since I got a japanese PS2 and KOFXI, Samurai Spirits Tenka, and Garou: MOTW a few days ago. I’ve played Garou for a long time, but it’s nice to have a copy again since someone pawned my Dreamcast. It cost around $350 or so to get the system and those 3 games, but was well worth it. KOFXI is 2D bliss, the controls feel perfect, the graphics are very nice, the characters all feel good, the cast is great with only a few sad omissions. Watch a few good videos of it on youtube, you will salivate. Garou: MOTW, if you haven’t played it yet, is just fantastic. One of my favorites of all time, a lot more fun than any street fighter, and just as smooth looking as 3rd Strike. And Samurai Spirits Tenka, while not really in the style of the games you mentioned, is a lot of fun. It has every SamSho character from the previous 5 games, and a few new ones. 6 different “grooves” for different play styles. And excellent graphics on par with KOFXI, as they are both on the atomiswave board.

If you don’t have the money to import, then there are always the previous versions that aren’t as fucking awesome, but still good. KOF:Neowave isn’t bad. Samurai Showdown 5 is fun, but doesn’t look very nice at all. Both of those are probably $20 and only on XBOX in the U.S. And SF:Alpha Anthology is good for $30 or so on PS2.

Oh, and I guess you can always get a modchip for the PS2 and that would bring the cost down by about $140 over getting a Jap PS2.

These kinds of topics are getting way too common.