Fighting with Honor?

akuma

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/575310.html

Akuma guide by JChristopher, Fighting with Honor Section.
No offense to anyone but that’s probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

actually i think that guy is dead. so you wont see him play anymore… but if i remember correctly, he is an st oldschooler or something. someone told me a long time ago but i forgot

^ You sure you’re not thinking of Kao Megura? His name was Chris so maybe you’re mixing them up. Kao died I think about a year or two ago.

Every fighting game faq JChristopher has ever written is a joke. I thought everyone knew this.

this guy is a stupid scrub
if he can write a faq
I can be a president …XD
excuse mi bad english

i am cheap all time becuase a throw to much …XD

Fighting with Honor

All of these tactics can be punished if they are abused. But then again the same goes for any character. I think the author just doesn’t understand how Akuma is supposed to be used in high-level play. No fireballs, throws = no mixup game. Messatsu Gou Rasen is garbage. Taunting after a roundhouse hurricaine increases damage for the next hit/combo by 43.8% and stun damage for the next hit/combo by 28.1%. Beginners who spam fireballs/hurricaines are liable to get punished not because the moves in of themselves are ineffective, but because using them in a pattern is predictable. I think he really should have made this clear.

…You guys have no clue.

That FAQ is the bible of Akuma.

there is no fighting with honor when ur Akuma

LMAO what a scrub

ditto…

I wasn’t critizing the guide as whole. That guide may have some good things but that “Fighting with Honor” section is simply ridiculous.

That’s almost as good as a quote from an A3 FAQ. Wait…What was it? Oh, Sagat-c.hp: “Throws out a hard looking punch.” :rolleyes:

Indeed.
Even worse is when people write something like “I don’t know what this move is for” or “I don’t know any combos, please e-mail me some” and I’m like: “well, if you don’t know anything about the character why did you write a FAQ then?”

The guide was written 6 yrs ago. Plus a lot of ppl actually care more about just having fun rather than to play cheap/safe to win.

After I read that guide, I played several honorable matches.

I didn’t win any of them, but I did fix myself a nice sandwich after I unplugged my controller.

oh yeah and is that the same guide where the author says he has never seen akuma’s air throw and thinks it might not exist? If so, man i remember thinking i was an akuma god after reading that and be like HA i can do it. good times

Okay I guess I’m a nub but how do you do akuma’s air throw? I didn’t know he had one (you aren’t talking about the demon flip-throw right?)

Just the :dp: :k:, then throw in the air. I think I read that faqs too.

yup, demon flip throw. not the chun-esque throw.

Here’s irony for you - His Ryu and Akuma guides were the first things I ever read when I decided to learn 3s. He worded them so well, I really thought the guy was a pro, and had dreams of one day going and challenging him.

But yeah, I honestly did think the things he said were actually the holy verses of how to play shotos. Took me thousands upon thousands of matches to finally realise that the guy chats bollox. 6 EX donkey kicks with Ryu?? Two different versions of flip grab? Don’t use such and such poke because [some more bullshit].

I’m doing my own faq. At the moment its specifically anti-Ken. I’ll post it up here if any of you wanna read it.

Here’s irony for you - His Ryu and Akuma guides were the first things I ever read when I decided to learn 3s. He worded them so well, I really thought the guy was a pro, and had dreams of one day going and challenging him.

But yeah, I honestly did think the things he said were actually the holy verses of how to play shotos. Took me thousands upon thousands of matches to finally realise that the guy chats bollox. 6 EX donkey kicks with Ryu?? Two different versions of flip grab? Don’t use such and such poke because [some more bullshit].

I’m doing my own faq. At the moment its specifically anti-Ken. I’ll post it up here if any of you wanna read it.