Fightstick TE - 5-pin extension cable?

I just received a BlazBlue fighstick TE. Everything works fine, so I went ahead and ordered a stiffer spring and octagonal gate for the joystick.

One weird thing, when I removed the faceplate, there seemed to be tension in the 5-pin joystick lead. I disconnected it, and investigated. Sure enough, one of the 5 wires is tucked into the side of the case, and secured by a plastic fin. In order to free it, I would have to take apart the entire case, and that’s a pain.

Since there is no slack in the cable, it is almost impossible to lift the faceplate to disconnect it. I thought the best thing to do would be to get a short (4-6 inches or so) extension for the wire. Does anyone know where I can find one, or what it is called?

Are you going to cut the wire?

You can use any extra wire laying around. Old phone line, internal computer cables, some electronic device you took apart in the past might have wires.

Just twist the wires together and wrap electrical tape around it.

But why would you go to all that trouble when you can reconnect it anyway. You said it worked before.

you can buy a replacement from lizardlick or cut it and use a wire connector from walmart if you do not solder or take apart the case its not that hard its all attached with just regular screw driver it does have that red junk on the screws but it pops off easy

This isn’t the exact part, but rather a replacement wire harness for what you need.

JLF-TE Harness for MadCatz FightSticks found on Lizard Lick

You can also cut that existing cable in half and splice in a Sanwa JLF-H Wiring Harness, which would give you extra slack.

Ether way the extra wire being tuck away looks more like a error on the manufacturers part rather than any logical reason why that wire is stuck up their.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Darksakul, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I even checked that site, I must have missed that particular part. I actually ordered a spring, octagonal restrictor plate, bat top plus adapter this morning, so I should have noticed it.

I thought that I would try to free the cable, anyway. Taking of the side panel without damaging anything was hard, but I got it done. The wire was stuck in between the side and main body, I suppose it was just a mistake in manufacturing. It’s un-stuck now, and the stick works fine.

I guess I’ll get that JLF-TE harness when I order my replacement buttons in about a week or two.

EDIT: is there a way to edit the thread title to add “[SOLVED]” to it?