Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Graphics Inferior to PS3?

Players given the opportunity to playtest the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII side-by-side have been reporting the in-game graphics of the Xbox 360 version are noticeably inferior to those of the PS3.

Square Enixs marketing activities, in the form of a touring bus, have given US fans the chance to play both:

From a real person:

I went to the Sunnyvale one today and got to play the 360 version. I am so very disappointed to see the difference in textures and detail of the 360 version vs. the PS3. =( I know its DVD vs. BD, but I didnt think it would be that noticeable. My boyfriend told me its fine if I wanna stick with the 360 version, but hes going for the PS3 one now.

From a game journalist:

Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely.

Additionally, the developers recently made an interesting admission:

It was easy to port to the Xbox. Porting to the PS3 is harder. The PS3 has more processing power but you have to do it properly.

The only difference reported previously was that the movies and sound on the Xbox 360 would be substantially lower quality in order to cram the game onto 3 DVDs in-game graphical differences were said to be absent.

International fans planning to purchase the Xbox version are understandably dismayed by this, although at least it seems to demonstrate the game was not intentionally crippled on the PS3 in order to accommodate the port.

The US release is in March. Taken from sankakucomplex

Who gives a shit, really?

Nobody.

And take it to the FF thread. Or the PS3 thread. Or the 360 thread.

yea this doesn’t need it’s own thread, I’d say close it or put it in the FF thread

EDIT: actually just close it, I think there already was many pages of debate over 360 vs PS3 it just clutters up the thread.

Are we gonna have every 360 vs Ps3 rants every time a blockbuster game comes out? It doesn’t make any godamn difference since EVERYONE will buy the game anyway. So stfu and play your HD 3D beautifully rendered games. Stupid fanboys.

You might as well call us n****** and ask who would win between Nathan Drake and Snake. I’m glad these threads are appearing less and less as time goes on.

Snake would beat the holy hell out of that douchebag and you know it.

so, uhh…am I the only one who didnt know it was multi-platform?

hey guess what, the games is still ice cold boring shit. If i cant do shit till the 30th hour, may as well made an FF mini anime series and then at the end of last episode said, insert game disc now.

umm am I the only one who doesn’t give a shit about graphics?

Just gimme good old 2D sprites with good gameplay and fun characters. Seriously, I’d rather they spend more money on doing a good soundtrack and having proper dialogue than wasting time with graphics and tedious cut-scenes.

fuck the 3rd Dimension! :mad::

I just watched the “trailer” for FFXIII and omg rofl what teh shit?! First, games shouldn’t have trailers, they should just have gameplay videos. Second, lol omg it looks SOoooo bad soo bad. Way too much bad acting and I can tell it’ll have way too many horrible cut-scenes.

What the fuck happened to final fantasy?!

Yes. People lost their shit when FFXII went multi-plat, it was fucking hilarious.

Square-Enix merger, FFX-2 and FFXII happened to Final Fantasy.