Finding Time to Practice/Play

So I’ve been having an issue with regards to time. Between a full time job, friends, girls and a couple other hobbies, I cannot find the time to really grind anything out beyond weekly meetings. I also have 5 games I want to improve at and there is just plain old casual gaming and working out to contend with as well.

How many hobbies do you engage in, in addition to playing fighting games? How do you schedule your time? How many games do you play at once?

It really depends on what your goals are. If improving and doing well in tournaments aren’t important to you, then you can have as many hobbies as you want. But if you want to improve as a player then you’re going to have to make time to work on your game. The more stuff you have going on in your life the harder it’ll be, and you’ll have to sacrifice something so that you have time to practice/play. Essentially that’s all it comes down to really.

Obvious thing to do, ignore the girls and play video games.

Sleep less and stop watching TV. I have a wife, two kids, a more than full time job, run 4 small businesses (DJ,Photography,minister,real estate investor), play chess, body build, play bass guitar. Get up a half an hour earlier than you do now and train then. Goto sleep a half hour later than usual and use that half hour to train. As you are stuck in traffic or laying down to go to sleep, imagine yourself training (your mind can’t tell the difference between what you do and what you imagine.) The game I am best at (for my skill level) is SF4, I’m good @ Marval and TvC, ok at MK, BB, and kinda suck VF and Tekken (but they are fun anyway) Find away to do more than one thing at a time. Like while waiting for a match in marval train TvC on another TV or Picture in picture if you have it) Get SF4 on PC and put it on a laptop so you can train wherever u are. Put old school game systems all over your house so no matter where you are if you have an extra 5minutes play something.