Flipkick sweet spot

chun-li

Go too soon and it passes by, and one is open to a shoryuken. Go too late, and one is open to a shoryuken from the front. In the middle there are two options, doing it right or getting a reverse direction shoryuken.

The flip kick is not a tool imo, it’s a little work of art, one has to master.

What are your thoughts on the flip kick move?

Regards!

Jesper

yep there is a sweet spot, better hope they dont technical a knockdown though haha

Yea that sweet spot is what the game is all about, it’s just the perfect summation of execution and timing and reward. Just thinking it about it makes me smile all over rofl. Sweet is the word! xD

Regards!!!

Jesper

wow it felt like your regards were far more intense that time… like triple the intensity

for balrog, guile, deejay, i do it kinda late so they dont autocorrect reversal my ass (only works on noobs though).

Wow that’s what I’m talking about. I think if you do it late, they WILL get you before it lands with either a forward or reverse shoryuken or srk-like attack, Guy also has that helo-spin thing, and Fei Long has the flame kick. I’ve noticed there’s this sweet spot where when you do it, the counter goes forward and Chun Li passes over it and hits them anyway, that seems to be what to aim for. I think one needs to react rather quick, if one goes too late the counter will hit CL because she is over that zone and not past it. Alternatively, there is another sweet spot, where even if the counter is reversed, one still does the initial hit, and that also works, I’ll be looking into that when I’ve mastered the simplest form though. It’s about keeping it simple, doing it so the counter goes forward, and one gets them anyway :slight_smile: that’s the art, and it’s like right at the beginning or right before their recovery.

Anyway I don’t believe in that frame analysis crap, I just play the game and learn from my own perceptions, over time. That’s what I think everyone should be doing, because then one also gets a working feel for what it means to make it work online against real opponents, which all the numbers and reports in the world won’t do. Just pay careful attention, and everything will be revealed in the most natural way. My two cents, anyway.

Regards!

Jesper

I find it hard to rely on df+lk as an anti-air. IMO it’s not really a reliable AA like a dp. I really only use it if I know they are going to jump in. If I have to react, I feel like if I react too slow (which is the case for me at least) I get punished for pressing the button, thus I just choose to block. Which gets frustrating because of the people who play online. + I feel like it loses to alot of jumpin attacks.

Edit: o___0. Fail to understand exactly what ‘flip kick’ you were referring to. =]

Oh I think, you mean the spin kick, where she sort of stands still and does a somersault, for a kick. This is about when she stands before an opponent, then down forward LMH kick, she then jumps back over the opponent, and goes for an upper kick hit - “behind them”.

I agree the spin kick (not spinning bird) is really difficult, but it does give a lot of satisfaction when one lands it, also it seems sometimes it can be used as a juggling move… Anyway I prefer medium kick or heavy kick as an anti-air, heavy punch also sometimes work not an expert there lol, or jumping forward into with the heavy punch target combo, or for extra added fun, let them jump right into the (incredible!) EX spinning bird kick. But it would be cool to incorporate the light spin kick as well. You should start a thread about it and see what people say, that is exactly what I’d do, if I were you.

Regards,

Jesper

You wouldn’t be able to tell by the way I abuse df.HK (especially to follow up with a throw), but Chun’s basic jumping LK is a superior option in most cases, IMO. It stays out “forever”, stuffs a ton of options, crosses up easy as pie and combos into cs.HK>legs (or better still, cs.HK>EX legs>Kikosho). Leads to an easy s.MP>Hazanshu mixup on block or hit, too.

Awee, I thought this was about the Rear Spin Kick. Anyways I hardly use that move because I dont know which button to press :smiley:
It always comes up as a Rear spin kick. Too bad Ater the Rear spin kick we cant juggle the opponent in Vanilla SF4. Dont know about SSF4

Awee, I thought this was about the Rear Spin Kick. Anyways I hardly use that move because I dont know which button to press :smiley:
It always comes up as a Rear spin kick. Too bad Ater the Rear spin kick we cant juggle the opponent in Vanilla SF4. Dont know about SSF4