Forcing the Hand

If you are patient in any fighting game, you are usually rewarded for it by being able to take advantage of your opponents mistake. This is something that I am realizing now that I am practicing with SSF IV. While this is a good lesson to learn, I have been trying to put in some thought as to how this along with the ability to bait the whiff’s can work in conjunction. My question is how does one go about forcing the whiff or proverbial hand in a fighting game?

I feel that this is an important skill to learn and I bet it is rewarding as well. Thanks in advance.:karate:

Mental conditioning and general mindfuckery. There’s not really much you can be taught…but experience with the game/character definitely helps.

Learning how to bait comes from experience. What kind of experience? Knowing how to use normals and pokes to stress your opponent out, and how to use movement in order to bait. It comes with time :slight_smile:

exactly most of my skills from previous sf games still have relievence and for the most part the basics are the same it’s the new stuff like focus attacks and the ultras but mix-ups, supers and specials are really the knowledge to have down pack i think

exactly most of my skills from previous sf games still have relievence and for the most part the basics are the same it’s the new stuff like focus attacks and the ultras but mix-ups, supers and specials are really the knowledge to have down pack i think