Hello Everyone, I would like to inform you of an event I am running, smash wars. We run our events at the Bellevue Community Center, 510 Duncan Road, Wilmington, DE 19809. Our events run every Wednesday, opens at 6 and starts around 7. We are playing Smash 4 and SFV. The rulesets and info are below, and for more information visit us at FSG Tournament Series on Facebook.
$5 Venue fee
$5 Buy in for each game
Venue opens at 6:00 PM
Tournaments start at 7
For this tournament, we will be offering 2 dollar for bringing a setup, additionally, for having a carpool of 4 or more people, we will offer a 2 dollar discount. If you come with both a carpool and a setup, we will waive venue YOU MUST LET ME KNOW BEFOREHAND
Smash 4 rules
Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!
- 2 Stock
- 6 min stock timer
- Items are set to “off” and “none”
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don’t have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on). This does not include gamecube adapter malfucntions
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you’re unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O’s discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don’t do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, INCLUDING the finals. T.O. reserves the right to make the switch to Bo5 WF/LF/GF.
- 1 stage ban on your counterpick
- Customization is banned
- Legal Mii Sets: Miis can use 1-1-1-1
- Character selection
- Stage strike 1-2-1
- Play Game 1
- Winning player announces ban stage (2 bans for PM) for the set
- Loser of previous match announces next match’s stage
- Winner of previous match chooses characters
- Loser of previous match chooses characters
- Play next game
- Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
- Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
- 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
- A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from the venue. Don’t let me see any, smell any, etc. We’ll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don’t lose anything you’re bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, “agreeing to split”, etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O’s discretion.
- There is a gentlemans clause, however this only allows in the ability for both opponents to agree to a legal stage, if an illegal stage is picked, then both players will be disqualified.
- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages
Palutena’s Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Dream Land 64
- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage bans)
Final Destination/Any Omega Stage (except Pyrosphere) *
*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Palutena’s Temple Omega Form is banned, FD/Omegas are banned also.
Street Fighter 5 (PS4)
All rounds will be 2/3 Rounds unless specified otherwise
No exploits or glitches that intentionally promote stalling and or make the game unplayable. (This rule does not include hitstun or blockstun infinites.) If you are the one who activates said glitch or exploit you lose the round)
Loser can change character but Winner must remain using the same character