Fun combo variation. Useless or not?

oro

just a lil fun, was playing with Oro and figured out how to switch sides and continue the chicken scratch chain on an opponent.

fun for mind games and i’ve done it on a real opponent.

(close s.mp XX qcf+mk)x2, s.lp <dash forward once> (repeat but do everything backwards because you will be behind them now), close s.mp XX (activate your favourite super)

doing this, a basic game for me would basically be:
(close s.mp XX qcf+mk)x2, s.lp <dash forward once> (repeat but do everything backwards because you will be behind them now), close s.mp XX SAI (Kishin Rikki), jump grab <dash back once> <walk forward a little bit>, j.mk crossover grab again.

you need to watch the timing though, too early and it doesn’t work. you have to hit them right when they are about to land (their body is straight). the s.lp does not reset. it’s a mind game.

as you can see i play with mainly SAI and not SAIII. i’m not much of a tengu stones fan =/ doing this successfully builds up a lot of meter as you can guess. it basically builds my SAI meter right off the bat. i don’t have my dc, but it should either fill or almost fill up tengu stones meter.

what do you think? lotsa reading yes, but i had to give an example because i have nothing better to do right now except type XD

Yeah, I came up with that trick on my own a while back. The beauty of it is that if you delay your dash a bit, you won’t switch sides with the opponent. If they haven’t seen it before, it’ll keep them guessing which way to block.

Instead of a launch, I sometimes go for a ducking Forward or (when I feel like taking a big risk for a decent reward) ducking Forward XX command grab.