GamePad Presents The Old Axiom - Fredericksburg, Va - 08/21/10

GamePad VA Presents
THE OLD AXIOM
A SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4/SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL EVENT

This event is being advertised on B101.5, which should help lead to a very large turnout. Large turnout = large pot. The last time we advertised this way we wound up with over 100 entrants for a Guitar Hero event.

TOURNAMENTS
SATURDAY August 21, 2010

EVERY PLAYER will receive: a FREE Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich, a FREE pretzel from Auntie Anne’s, FREE small fries from Wendy’s, discounts at Pancho Villa, and Great Steak… Can’t match that!

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Pricing:
? $10.00 Venue Fee
? $10.00 Singles Fee

Schedule:
? 10:00 AM ? Spotsylvania Towne Centre Opens/Registration Begins
? 10:00 AM-11:00 PM ? Warm-up period
? 11:00 AM ? Doubles Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Begins
? Singles SSF4/Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournaments will begin immediately following Doubles
? All sets will be open for casuals/money matches/crew battles from the end of the singles until 9:30 PM

Prizes:
? Pot split 60/30/10

General Rules:
? BYOC
? No pausing; intentional pausing may result in a forfeit.
? 99 seconds, 2/3 rounds
? 2 out of 3 up to Grand Final; 3 out of 5 Grand Final
? All characters/stages legal
? Loser may change characters, winner may only change Ultras.

GamePad is a LAN center located between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA. We are the only center in the area fully participating in the GG Circuit. Our location has 36 Xbox 360s, 3 PS3s and 2 Wiis hooked up to 20 32" 1080p HDTVs, 19 23" 720p HDTVs, a 40" 1080p HDTV and a 23" SDTV that is wholly dedicated to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

May do a Third Strike side tournament if there is enough interest.

Also!

For the last few tournaments we’ve held at this venue, we’ve had a lot of support from the food vendors in the mall. We’ll be continuing that at this tournament!

EVERY PLAYER will receive: a FREE Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich, a FREE pretzel from Auntie Anne’s, FREE small fries from Wendy’s, discounts at Pancho Villa, and Great Steak… Can’t match that!

Im down.

Nice. I’m there.

thats actually pretty gdlk. ide trade all my other coupons for free pretzel coupons.

umthrfkr,

I can arrange that. Nobody else though haha we don’t get THAT many of them.

Bumping this for greatness

Looking forward to some epic fights. The competition’s getting a bit tighter.

There is going to be a Third Strike side event (on Xbox, so your sticks will work).

$3 buy in, 100% to the winner.

Lots of interest from the Smash Boards crowd on this one; should be a nice crossover event.

Good luck with 3s on Xbox…

This…

I do have 2 PS2 sticks we can use.

But anyway I will probably still go if I can find a way to get my PS2 stick to work on 360 with that adapter. Just gotta get use to the Xbox version.

Since it’s just a $3 side event we figured we’d make it easier on everyone. If we do a feature 3s tournament in the future we will do it on PS2.

I should be here. :badboy:

You will be here. I see you’ve been stepping your game up!

This is BLUE!!! SIGN ME UP!!!

Cant go. Oh well.

Maybe next time. :slight_smile:

It’s Pulse. I’ll be here, probably bringing Duane as well.

Ill do what i can to be there, probably with a friend or two. Maybe three. Hope we get a big turnout so me and Sim can do our thing.

yo it’s Greg. I guess you decided to ditch the trip with the girlfriend, then?

SF > womenz. I’ll be there on the 21st fo sho