*GAMERS COLLIDE* - Tucson, AZ - 3/14/08

For all you Tucson-AZ players out there (or anyone else)! There is going to be a casual gaming night going on at Pima College! Copy and pasted whats on the flyer!

PIMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE EAST CAMPUS GAMERS UNITE
PRESENTS
GAMERS COLLIDE

At PCC East Campus on March 14th, from 5pm-9pm
at the Community Room in the main building
Featured games will be:
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Tekken 5 DR
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Guitar Hero 3
Super Smash Brothers BRAWL/ and melee
And much much more!

There will be multiple 72 inch projectors for our most popular games like BRAWL and other games will be included at request if interested like Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, ect(Cause I know we’re looking for good competition)! Future events will include stuff such as tourneys ect depending on the response and surveys of our fellow gamers!

Entry Fee (No bills over 10$)
No Credit Cards
16 and older(must have some form of I.D.)
PCC Students - $2
Non-students - $4

For more information contact
Greg Greenfield at
PCCgamersunite@yahoo.com

Gamers collide is an event designated to raise funds for scholarships and provide fun and excitement for all gamers. This event will include some of the most popular games for the newest consoles. Matches will be set up in a turn based fashion where all participants can play all games or just dedicate their time to one gaming station. So bring your skills, friends, and be ready to. . .
COLLIDE!
:mad:

Address/Map
8181 E Irvington Rd
Tucson, AZ 85709
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pima+community+college+east&ie=UTF8&ll=32.179245,-110.817976&spn=0.051579,0.113039&t=h&z=14&iwloc=A

Rock on. I’m in Tucson as well. Though I probably wouldn’t compete, I’ll go to check it out. Let me know if you need any sticks for the tourney.

Ed

No Marvel??

I also have a HD Projector that I’m not currently using if you need another one. Call me, number is on my website.

AcryiLLic- sorry man but we got tired of seeing the same characters over and over but without a doubt I give the game mad props for the mad skills required to play it. We will put up a tv for you if you want to bring it yourself! I can’t promise good competition we will be there for that game though lol.

Ed_Farias- Hey Ed we will definitely take you up on your HD projector offer so please bring it. Only thing though is that you would need to be there around 3:30-4:00 oclock so we can set it up early enough. As for the sticks we will just have everyone bring their own sticks but if you would like to bring some extra we would appreciate it. We’ll be setting up the room all day so you can drop by earlier if you want. You won’t have to pay the entrance fee if you bring your stuff and help us out. Plus if you come early we can get some matches in for all the games before everyone else lol. Thanks again!

How many people are you expecting?
How late do you expect it to go? (need to warn the wife :wink:

Will there be any 360’s setup with casual games? All my current ps2 sticks are out on demo sites so I don’t think I can have one back in time. Though I do have a dual player ps2 stick if you want me to bring that.

Give me a call this week if you get a chance so we can chat a bit. I’ve never been to one of these in person so I’m curious how it’s all setup and I don’t want to bother you on the day of setup. My number at the shop is on my website. If you would rather me call you, just PM me your number.

I also have a spare 360, and ps2 if you need either.

As for getting some games in, sounds fun. Though I will admit, I’m actually not very good at any of the games, especially not a competitive level ;). Sad as it sounds, I much prefer building sticks than playing anymore.

Were expecting 50-100+ people since the hype and response we’ve been getting from the community is amazing!

9pm is when everything is officially over and we cannot go past that time even if we wanted to so I assure you thats when it will all end and clean up begins.

So far all fighters are on PS2/PS3 and the only thing going 360 is halo 3. Since our club has so many 360’s we will have multiple casual setups for ANY game so if you have any games you wanna play you are more than welcome to bring them.

We’re good on consoles for now and all we really need is that HD projector of yours. As for sticks I was basically planning to have it be a bring your own stick kind of event.

I must also add i’ve actually been looking for someone who builds sticks to help me out with mine! R1 sometimes pauses my match of SF3 and i’ve been too lazy to open it lol.

I’ll definitely give you a call probably tomorrow because everything has gotten so hectic with school and perparing the event.

Sounds good. I’ll be around the shop all day so hit me up whenever.

Sounds like a nice turn out. I’d be happy to lend my projector.

I’d also be happy give away some coupons for winners if you want. $25, $50 and $100.

We can chat about it tomorrow though.

Good first gaming event guys. Too bad there were not more SF players, but it looked like everyone was having a good time.

I look forward to the next one, tournament style, with prizes :).