Gen has an awesome glitch

gen

[media=youtube]3uvJ2nBZwxc[/media]

See explanation on the sidebar.

Edit for important info:

Well, there’s actually two ways to do it.

1. Press MP+MK, lift your fingers, and stance change. As I say in the explanation, it’s relatively lenient with the stance change timing. If you time your focus a little early this way though, you’ll get a whiffed level 1 focus.

2. On consecutive frames, do a focus and then finish a stance change. I thought of LP+MP+MK~~HP too, and it seems like the best way. Button shortcuts would work too. This method would give you a stance change animation if you don’t absorb anything on the 1st frame of the focus.

Either way, you’re going to take a hit if you time your focus too early. I think both methods could have advantages though in different situations.

Doing it against Viper or Boxer actually seems like it would be hard to me. The problem is that you need to know EXACTLY when an attack will hit you, so it wouldn’t work against attacks with unpredictable timing.

Nice… I’m going to try this asap :tup:

wow… fucking awesome lol

This is great stuff for Gen. You have a nice video that shows it uses. Will try some of that stuff when I have time tomorrow.

As for wake-up options, It is useful but sometimes the opponents tend do avoid jump ins attack which means you might whiff a FA or they might punish your FA, against Gen only though. Though using against projectiles is just brilliant.

• Cloudius

Even more than shotos, it should work wonders against Boxer and Viper, nice find.
Imput does looks a bit hard, even though you don’t need shortcut, have you found any? I think maybe Lp+Mp+Mk for the focus + Sp for the Mantis stance change could work?

Gen for god tier :looney:

Well, there’s actually two ways to do it.

1. Press MP+MK, lift your fingers, and stance change. As I say in the explanation, it’s relatively lenient with the stance change timing. If you time your focus a little early this way though, you’ll get a whiffed level 1 focus.

2. On consecutive frames, do a focus and then finish a stance change. I thought of LP+MP+MK~~HP too, and it seems like the best way. Button shortcuts would work too. This method would give you a stance change animation if you don’t absorb anything on the 1st frame of the focus.

Either way, you’re going to take a hit if you time your focus too early. I think both methods could have advantages though in different situations.

Doing it against Viper or Boxer actually seems like it would be hard to me. The problem is that you need to know EXACTLY when an attack will hit you, so it wouldn’t work against attacks with unpredictable timing.

Yeb, could you please make a video of this showing your hands?

no camera can catch how fast yeb’s hands move.

real talk.

Holy hell thats broken. Nice find.

that is some sick stuff yeb.
poking gen is like poking the lion.

I see, thanks. I’m not familiar to kara taunt so I didn’t figured we were talking about such a precise thing. Sounds very hard to master outside of fireballs workarounds indeed. But things like Ryu’s fake c.MK -> Fireball blockstring and wakep meaties does looks somewhat easy to counter now.

Now watch to people reactions about how you’ve suposely created a monster. =P

Oh wow dude that’s a siiiick find. :nunchuck:

It would most likely be gone by SSF4 anyway, I bet it would be fixed by accident along with armor canceling and focus taunts.

Maybe I can make it look cool enough that it will be a standard feature!

That is some crazy nice stuff…

indeed that’s pretty genius, I am especially impressed if you went about discovering it based on the assumption that stance change was such a high priority input, double kudos.

basically what it means is a focus absorbed attack with no movement and minmal recovery, pretty cool just to use it to throw them out of mixups if going into a combo is too much hassle for less technical players.

Hmmm… haven’t tried it yet but the thing is that I change stances with the last buttons, where it’s all punches and all kicks

I mean I don’t see why it won’t work right?

Yeb do you know if it works? Or does anyone know? Using the LP+MP+HP/LK+MK+HK button?

Oh yeah and great find Yeb, never cease to amaze us :] Thanks alot!

Thank you very much for sharing this yeb, excellent discovery!!
You’re truly a boon to community.

I wouldn’t actually be surprised if it wasn’t removed from SSF4, simply because the game is most likely around 100% completed now. But still, crazy cool. Actually looks useful.

nice find. I’ll guess it’s the similar concept with kara throw?

According to a Japanese wiki site, there are maximum of 2 frames where you can focus the attack before you stance change. As I’m not skilled enough to do this, I’m going to need confirmation from pros.