Gen'ei Jin Finishers Thread

yun

Hello to all Yun players!

Lately, I was testing lot’s of stuff to hone my skills. During this, I came across lots of possibilities and info from lots of players, here in shoryuken, and from other places as well. (Thanks to you all!)

Now, I’m going to put some old and new material regarding the GJ enders, to have a solid guide of when, what and where to do such enders, to get our GJ skills and improvisation better! :wgrin:

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Purpose

The two main goals are to complete the damage of your previous made GJ combo, and to get most SA energy for your next GJ. If it’s a finisher that resets, it has the purpose to mix up the opponent as well

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Juggle count

3rd Strike has a juggle system that limits how many times you can hit the opponent mid-air. This limits the juggling GJ finisher to not more than 4 hits, due to the juggle values of yun’s moves and how high they lift the opponent.

I don’t know the correct juggle values of the moves, since I never came across this info, so some of them may be wrong(I’m assuming due to finisher possibilities and doing sum math:wgrin:). The juggle limit is 6 points.

*-Zesshou Hohou(lunge punch, qcf+p): 2 points

-Tetsuzankou(shoulder, dp+p): 2 points

-Nishou Kyaku(upkicks, dp+k): 1 point each hit

-Kobokushi(palm, qcb+p): 1 point

-Dakai(f.hp):1 point

-st.hp: 1 point

-launcher mk: 3/4 points (don’t know for sure)

-cr.mp/cr.mk: 1 point

-cr.hk, st.hk target combo: 1 point each hit

-lp, f.hp air target combo: 1 point each hit
Respecting the limit of 6 points, the japanese yun players created a multitude of finishers, usable in lots of situations

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Requirements

To do a specific finisher, some things has to be taken in account:
-The last move of the GJ combo
-The height of the opponent
-Yun’s positioning

If this 3 conditions are met, you can do the finisher. Since the good finishers are made on corner, you won’t have much possibilities if you’re midscreen, so try as much as you can to carry your opponent to the corner with your GJ combo

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Finishers Recipe

Ok, so now, let’s put the stuff here. I’ll divide the characters by group, and point the exception when needed. I’ll use this model to write the finishers recipe:

*|- GJ combo last move (extra requirements and info)
(Which char group gets hit by it)- finisher recipe (extra requirements and info)
(Which char group gets hit by it)- finisher recipe (extra requirements and info)
*notes of importance
The char groups regarding GJ finishers are as follows:
Group A: Shotos, Makoto, Urien/Gill, Twelve
Group B: Necro, Chun-li, Hugo, Elena
Group C: Twins, Ibuki, Oro, Remy
Group D: Dudley, Alex
(Q can enter in all groups due to big hitbox)

also, whenever lunge punch is used, it’s advisable to always make the kara version, made by kara’ing the lk (qcf, and slide input the lk and lp, 3 frame leeway)

Let’s go:

|-mp/hp Shoulder, or far st.hp, or far st. mk…

-(All)- mp shoulder, hp lunge (safe finisher, can be used anywhere)

-(A, B, C)- mp shoulder, f.hp, lp lunge (Group C, kara lunge only)

-(B, C, D+Urien)- mp shoulder, walk, c.mp, lk upkicks (won’t work on Hugo, upkicks may hit once or twice)

-(All)- hp shoulder cross-up, f.hp cross-up, st.hp (resets, shoulder has to be timed)

-(All)- hp shoulder cross-up, cr.mp, lk upkicks (shoulder has to be timed)

-(D+Urien)- hp shoulder cross-up, f.hp cross-up, c.mp, lk upkicks (shoulder has to be timed, upkicks 1 hit only)

-(Alex)- hp shoulder cross-up, f.hp cross-up, cr.mk, lk upkicks (shoulder has to be timed, upkicks 1 hit only)

-(B, D+Makoto)- hp shoulder cross-up, f.hp cross-up, cr.hk, st.hk (shoulder has to be timed, won’t work on Hugo)

-(A, B, C)- hp shoulder cross-up, f.hp cross-up, lp lunge (shoulder has to be timed, kara lunge for Group C and Hugo)

*for the cross-up hp shoulder combos, yun must be the closest possible to the corner after last shoulder

|-any lunge punch….

-(All)- mk launcher, hp lunge (safe finisher, can be used anywhere)

-(All)- mk launcher, super jump, lp, f.hp/ hk (safe finisher, can be used anywhere, resets)

-(A, B, C)- mk launcher, f.hp, lp lunge (safe finsher, C group+Hugo needs kara lunge)

-(All)- mk launcher, palm, lp lunge (opponent must be very high)

-(A, B, D)- mk launcher, palm, mk/hk upkicks (opponent must be very high)

-(All)- lp shoulder, mp lunge/mk or hk upkicks (safe finisher, can be used anywhere)

-(A, B, C)- lp shoulder, f.hp, lp lunge (C group+Hugo needs kara lunge)

-(B, C, D+Urien)- lp/mp shoulder, walk, c.mp, lk upkicks (won’t work on Hugo, upkicks may hit once or twice)

-(A, B, D)- lp shoulder, palm, lp lunge (very tight timing)

-(Chun-li, Elena, Necro, Q)- lp shoulder, palm, mk/hk upkicks (very tight timing, lots of bar)

NEW- (A, B+Oro)- palm, lp shoulder, f.hp, kara lunge (hard timing, K.O finisher)

*All of hp shoulder crossup combos from first topic may be used with lp or mp shoulder. Last GJ lunge must preferrably hit 1 or 2 hits only

|- hk upkicks…(2nd hit only)

-(All)- lp shoulder, mp lunge/mk or hk upkicks (safe finisher, can be used anywhere)

-(B, C, D+Urien)- lp shoulder, walk, c.mp, lk upkicks (won’t work on Hugo, upkicks may hit once or twice, won’t work on twins and ibuki)

-(Twins, Ibuki)- mp shoulder, walk, c.mp, lk upkicks (upkicks may hit once or twice)

*All of hp shoulder crossup combos from first topic may be used with mp shoulder. For group C chars, lift them as high as you can during th GJ combo. For Hugo and Alex, delay a little the hk upkicks after the second to last move to hit. Use mk upkicks for midscreen shoulder crossups. mk launcher finisher may be used if you walk forward a little

|- mk launcher…

-(All)- palm, mp lunge/mk or hk upkicks (safe finisher)

-(A, B+Oro)- palm, lp shoulder, f.hp, kara lunge (hard timing, K.O finisher)

-(A, B, D+Oro)- palm, lp shoulder, mp lunge/mk or hk upkicks (hard timing)

-(A, B+Oro+Remy)- palm, f.hp, lp lunge (hard timing, kara lunge for C group+Hugo)

NEW- (B, D+Makoto+Oro)- palm, lp shoulder, cr.mp, lk upkicks (very hard timing, alternate K.O finisher, won’t work on Hugo and Dudley)

*Almost any of the finishers work from this case.

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Combo Saver Finishers Recipe

These now, are from when you mess up your improvisation, and/or you’re not used to GJ duration yet, and you finish a GJ combo with an unexpected move:

|- f.mk…

-(All)- st.hp (safe finisher, can be used anywhere, better than nothing, resets)

-(B, C, D+Urien)- lp shoulder, walk, c.mp, lk upkicks (won’t work on Hugo, upkicks may hit once or twice, won’t work on twins and ibuki)

|- palm or f.hp…*

-(All)- st.hp (safe finisher, can be used anywhere, better than nothing, resets)

-(All)- hp lunge (safe finisher, can be used anywhere, better than nothing)

-(All)- any upkicks(2nd hit only), walk, cr.mp, lk upkicks (safe finisher, can be used anywhere)

-(A, B, C)- f.hp, lp lunge (C group+Hugo needs kara lunge)

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Special Finishers

This section is for the special (and difficult to perform) GJ finishers:

-Ground GJ combo finishers:

For ground GJ combos, the default finisher is the 123 target combo, hp lunge for everyone. But, in any ground string, even the recent Keeper jin, you can launch the enemy with mp/hp shoulder or a mk launcher, or even a timed karapalm to lunger or upkicks, and proceed with one of the finishers above

-The K.O finisher:

Highly spoken through the 3s community, the finisher made by the japanese player K.O, exploits the juggle count to the maximum and recovers one EX level of the bar (if occurs a properly placed reset during the combo, no reset just grants a little less bar) and it’s made with:

…palm, lp shoulder, f.hp, kara lunge

to be able to hit the four moves, one must launch the opponent really high in the air, and use the fast recovery of the GJ combo’s last move to gain speed for the slow startup of the palm. Most common way to do this is to end the GJ combo with a mk launcher, after a lunge or st.mp.

But, I found out it’s also possible with the last 2 hits of a GJ lunge, although timing is much harsher. It’s also possible with mk launcher on the end of a ground string, but you have to kara the palm with lk (just like kara lunge)

Also found an alternate version, with cr.mp to lk upkicks instead of f.hp, karalunge, but it doesn’t give as much bar than the original one

It works on groups A and B, and I confirmed on Oro today. I’m doing more tests, to see if kara’ing the K.O finisher palm can increase the group of characters that can be hit

Character specific notes:

-It’s very difficult to hit Chun-li and Makoto with the lp shoulder. Kara’ing the palm, or doing a GJ combo that leaves you really close to them, makes it easier.

-On Oro, you actually have to delay the lp shoulder to hit all the finisher

-Q, Necro and Elena doesn’t need kara lunges

NEW -The Boss finisher:

Recently showed to us by Pyrolee, its goal is also to win more bar, but, without karas and fancy stuff, just plain hard timing :sweat:

The recipe is to aim for the highest bounce on every move on the GJ combo, finishing with …st.hp, hp shoulder(GJ ends), mp shoulder, TWO f.hps and lp lunge

I tested with success on Group B and Q only(Hugo needs kara lunge) due to harsh timing. Also did a double crossup version, on Elena and Chun li, with:

…mk launcher(GJ ends), mp shoulder cross up, f.hp cross up, f.hp, lp lunge

The timing is way too harsh…

NEW -Kara Palms combo finisher:

For the crazy players who trained and wasted their hands (like me) to get consistency on this technique, we usually use lunge or upkicks finisher after a tiresome fast button repetition, but something cool can be used as well!

I confirmed with japanese player Mester in mail, the existence of a very hard and damaging kara palm combo using the K.O finisher as an ender. How?
Simple, but hard. The strange rule of not allowing more than 6 consecutive palms (and 3 after mk launcher GJ) makes this combo a little different, but very usable, if you’re psychic

the thing is to use the last bit of GJ time after the last palm, to do another karapalm. However, only the st.mp and st.lk will be in GJ time, hence being possible for the kara to occur, and then hitting a normal palm, allowing K.O finisher or whatever. This is only possible, if you launch the opponent fast, and then using only palms, or moves that have similar duration (f.mk, lp shoulder, kara st.hp, st.hk, etc.)

The combo works on everyone, with proper finisher, but group C is so hard to do, that you can pass… groups A and B are the easiest.

These three full combos deal 129, 131 and 137 dmg on Ryu respectively, with no taunts, and they have the necessary length for the last bit of time:

• 123xxGJ, cr.mp, st.mp, f.hp, walking kara palm, kara palmx4, st.mp~st.lk(GJ end) palm to K.O finisher

• 123xxGJ, cr.lp, f.hp, f.mk, kara palmx5, st.mp~st.lk(GJ end) palm to K.O finisher

• mk launcherxxSJxxGJ, palm, kara palm, f.mk, kara palmx4, st.mp~st.lk(GJ end) palm to K.O finisher

After any f.mk, you have to use ghetto palm for groups A and D, normal palm for group B and a full kara palm for group C

Bar recovery is kinda good, due to low hit number of the combos.
This can be done on default f.mkx2 to palm combos too, provided that you make the needed delays/speed-ups in the combo to match the remaining time after the palm

The Gen’ei Jin Finisher - Final notes

Well, I wrote this, mainly to help on improvisation, and to show the multiple choices one has when the force ends…and because I had some free time, lol. Much more finishers are possible to do, I only wrote the ones that gives more damage/bar

If there’s any correction to be made, any doubts, or a new finisher, please post!

Hope it helps:wgrin:

any vids of this new keeper jin combo i keep hearing about or a thread or something, i’ve just heard about it on dr sub zero

The boss combo was done hp shoulder then mp shoulder, you have it down as lp shoulder…i don’t know if that works but it would seem that mp shoulder would give more meter/dmg?

Nice thread!

Pballa: check it out here: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNgaLX2cKA

Pyrolee: Thanks for pointing it pyro-san, it was a typo, hehe
but lp shoulder can be used aganist elena, it seems more lenient, timing-wise

Added kara palm combos info