Getting into Sf3s

I started out playing Hyper fighter first then hd remix. moved to sf4 do anyone have tips on how to go about learning the game. i watch high lvl play all the time but that dont really help me out since i didnt have anyone to play with b4.

1.Don’t be afraid to parry anything, fucking up helps you learn the timing… generally players are too afraid to let go of down-back and diss parries…
its guess work at most times lol… but also its still good to know when to block…

2.Learn to short-short super on both sides of the screen because it is an easy way to hit confirm super… after the second short immediately input the whole QCFx2(very quickly)+whatever button…

I’d suggest having a good training mode… either use the PS2 version or Dreamcast emulator version(depends on specs, generally can’t play full screen though)

I think its a direct port(DC, PS2 is direct port for sure)… but not sure…

Well if you don’t have the anniversary collection and want a good training mode… post your specs…

i think you’re on the wrong site. check this link shoryucantcheckthesubforums.com. all the summer school you’ll need this year.

Forgot to mention the subforums too, and dl this and read it…

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Official Fighter’s Guide < Retro Magazines, Comics, Strategy, Game Guide, Game Book Scans | Emuparadise.org

Most helpful thing I’ve ever come across, I think it was written by pros…

Other then this its up to you to bother to get good at this good luck…

This video is the best place to start if you want to learn 3S:

[media=youtube]O5twy_2fifs[/media]

I actually wouldn’t suggest parrying anything when you’re new. There’s no point since you most likely won’t even know what’s the best optimal punish for each situation anyways… if you are somehow successful. So, why bother when you truly learn the game from blocking and feeling out your opponent…

Focus on finding a main for now.

Hey ArtieBoy… I’m going to assume you’re a bit new to the forum, but you can’t be using someone else’s avatar. It’s against forum policy. I’m the one who made the avatar, but I’m almost certain you weren’t the one I made it for. :rofl:

Make sure to get consent from the owner if you really want to sport it. I’m okay with it, but the owner may not be.

Watch this video - [media=youtube]HhG0-ie88G0[/media]

Then read up here - http://shoryuken.com/f160/3s-superguide-x-d-d-me-p-l-z-twelve-added-237046/