(GGXX)Ky advanced strats and tactics

This is out of order but oh well…

ANTI-AIR
OK lets go through Kys anti airs.

Vapor Thrust(dp+s or hs… s is perferable.)
Ky can do some serious damage from a counter hit here. You can literaly get half life or more on the opponent from just one mess up from them. Depending on the opponent and weather or not they have a burst one counter hit dp could mean the match in some cases. I almost always use the slash version however in some rare cases i may throw in a hard slash version. The slash version is much easier to combo after when scoreing a counter hit, however thats not to say that the hard slash version cant be used as in cases were you would use it(like lets say they are a extremely high jumper say something like that, very high in the air)you can still get the damage you should after it.

Here are some of the follow ups i use after a slash verison…

1. stand s, jump cancle, k, s, jump cancle, s, hs, dp+hs.
  2. stand hs, qcb+k, stand p, s, jump cancle, k, s, jump cancle, s, hs, dp+hs
  3. stand hard slash, qcfX2+p, run in duck p, stand s, jump cancle, k, s, jump cancle, s, hs, dp+hs.

The first one is the one i use the most. Really simple not much thought involved really. lol And does a nice bit of damage. You can switch to a f+p then stand s if you want also but its really not that much more damageing and theres more room for error in the combo i suppose. The second does a pretty decent amount and probably the most you are gonna get from the counter hit vapor thrust without doing a super. The vapor thrust at the end may miss if you dont time this right so this combo is a bit more risky. If you think you will get pushed to far away you can take out the first jump k. Landing the 3rd one will really screw over your opponent. Basicly this is half life or more depending on the character. And getting half life off one dp isnt bad. You can try and get more by instead of going straight to the air combo after the duck p, stand s go into a qcb+k, then stand p, stand s to air combo. Or to go even longer you after that qcb+k do a duck p, stand k, stand s qcb+k, duck p, stand s to air combo…

OK so all that togther would be…

counter hit vapor thrust, stand hs, qcfX2+p, run in duck p, stand s, qcb+k, duck p, stand k, s, qcb+k, duck p, stand s, jump cancle, k, s, jump cancle, s, hs, dp+hs

The reason you add that stand k, in there after the first qcb+k is beacuse they start to fall to low to the ground and you need to bring them up higher or you wont be able to air combo them afterwords. I would recommend just going for one qcb+k but if you wanna go for 2 its ok. lol

Now off a hs version i ussualy just go for a stand k, stand s, then air combo. You could get some more viarety in like i have for the s version say with a qcb+k after the stand s, or maybe a super fireball but i really dun mess with the hs version to often so when i do hit with it i just stick to something i know that works.

JUMP KICK
Kys jump kick has a lot of priorty. And for the most part will beat just about any other air attack there is. Its also obivously safer then a vapor thrust when blocked. Against opponents like say chipp were a good deal of the match may be played in the air this move is pretty much a must. Hmmm hard to explain all the uses of this but i will try sorta(im gonna try in the air to air game section as well to so i dunno kinda talking about the same thing here in some of the parts. The air to air part will expand much greater on this basicly.)

If the kick hits…

1. k, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs

Thats about it. lol really if you hit with this as anti air you dont need anything more complicated then this.

Now weather or not its blocked or wiffs the viarety starts…

if the kick is blocked…

1. k
    –1a. dash back
    ------1aa. dust
    ------1ab. qcf+s or hs
    –1b. s
    ------1ba. hs
    ------------1baa. qcf+s
    ------------1bab. land then start a poke string of sorts.
    ------1bb. jump cancle foward or back
    ------------1bba. Land and dp+s
    ------------1bbb. throw
    ------------1bbc. block
    ------1bc. p, k, d
    -----------1bca. wait for dust and contiune as needed.

OK now let me go through each one sorta to tell you what and why certain things will happen in the giving situtions.

1. k
    –1a. dash back
    ------1aa. dust
    ------1ab. qcf+s or hs

The first part is the jump kick is blocked. Now you dash back as you dont really feel the need to contiune this paticular part could be considerd more of zoneing the opponent more then anything. Your letting them know that basicly if there gonna be all hopping around and shit that you can do that just as much as they can and if they do dare to try and attack you air to air wise well Kys gonna well umm kick them or something. You then dash back and get back to the distance you wanted and say maybe you were zoneing with fireballs or what have you, who knows. Dashing back into dust is also good or fireball perhaps to protect your falling from the kick. If the opponent were to rush in after a blocked kick well they might run into a fireball to stop them from trying to if you were more towards the corner the slash version would be used as it angles more down. The dust is used to create space once again. These piticular patterns are also what you would use if you wiff your jump kick as well. This could be considerd away of turtleing almost i suppose. Maybe your trying to force the ground game more instead of the constant air game that perhaps this hoppity opponent is playing. I do this against chipp a lot. ( you will see that i will use chipp alot in my air to air game as well as he is the usual more fidgety charcater that i play against.) Jump kicking in then dashing back out and a dust to create space maybe next time jump kick then a barrage of little attacks to force some pressure this time. Just mix it up really.

–1b. s
------1ba. hs
------------1baa. qcf+s
------------1bbb. throw
------------1bbc. block

The first part is just a way to attack the person long enough to the ground to force them to just about half to block the in coming fireball. The 1bab part is well you forced them to the ground then you start attacking. Pretty simple. Now the 1bb parts are a bit more complicated i suppose. After the slash you want to jump cancle back or foward. Now since you pretty much just hit the opponent to the ground they are sorta right in the middle so they may get a bit mixed up on were exactly you will land. They cant see them selves on the screen so the mind game is pretty much in your favor after this. What a opponent may try to do is after the slash and they hit the ground they may jump up once again to try and attack you or air throw you. Well umm just air throw them if you see this. heh OK but lets say that didnt happen and continue. You land on whatever side you choose and you land then throw say the opponent was confused for a sec or they thought you may attack so they blocked. The second is well you land and dp+s. Basicly the opponent sees you land and is like shit which way oh fuck and hits duck lk or some shit? lol who knows well you vapor thrust and get the counter hit and thus air combo them.

------1bc. p, k, d

OK the last part. Basicly after the blocked kick to slash, you start to chain combo backwards sorta with a punch to kick to dust. The kick is cancleable to the dust. You basicly are doing a barrage of attacks to force them to the ground then at the last attack were you are pretty much on the ground you get a very low air dust. From here just freaking block. lol The opponent cant do much about this besides throw(which to tell the truth has never happend) and are forced to block to the dust and you get a pretty much free poke string. I usualy try to keep it fairly simple since im not exactly on top of the opponent and i cant dash in for momentum so something along the lines of a duck kick, stand slash, f+kick, duck dust, to qcf+s should do just fine. Now if the opponent does decide to attack well you get the counter hit so stand slash to air combo them.

If the kick wiffs…

Go to the very first part i talked about. If it wiffs dash back then jump back in kick then dash back. No need to put your self in harms way really if it misses. Say the opponents jumping on you jump kick to beat there attack there ahead of you on this and dash back them selves so dash back doesnt matter really. No need to be risky here and just land or some shit. Dash back and dust to create some space think of your next move for that split second whatever.

F+p…
Upper body invicablity and quite a bit to. Though my opionon is that even though its safer i pretty much say fuck it. If i do a shoryuken type move i do it beacuse i think im gonna get i dont do it to get blocked really. If i guessed wrong well i guess it will teach me not to guess wrong again. Besides if im gonna use a normal as a anti air i use the jump kick as stated earlier. Anyway a common combo from this would be something along the lines of F+p, stand s, then jump to air combo. If you hit pretty low to the opponent you can get stuff like a qcb+k after words to another air combo or a qcfX2+p super then combo for a good amount of damage. For combos basicly just do what you would do after a counter hit vapor thrust. Of course if this did get blocked its definitly safer so you could do a F+p, stand s, then say qcf+s to push the opponent out again. Or you could get stylish and tiger knee to air fireball after words from the stand s.

Charged stun edge(FRCed and jumpcancled. Ah if thats not the name then the big fireball move. =p)

OK this may seem a bit strange as anti air and well it is i suppose. You do the qcf+hs then do FRC it and jump up and air dash. You should be like inside the fireball. Or you can jump jump and do the make it come out in the air whatever you please. I do this as another zoneing type method. Basicly a anti air you can follow up and protect you while you start a attack perhaps. This is acctualy my main use for the charged stun edge when im not useing it to force the opponent to stand into ect. If i am useing it as a stand alone attack i almost always FRC it. Anyway lets go into something with the air dash from it. Basicly the fireball is covering your air dash in.

OK lets say the move hits while you air dash the basic combo would be something like k, s, hs dp+hs.
Now when blocked you get mix ups that are pretty much like i explained earlier with the jump k. So say you you just charged stun edge jump to k, then s, p, k, d. Land wait for the dust and see what happens then contiune as needed.

Hmm im sure get the idea. Though note you can acctualy cross the opponent up like this to. However i never mean to purposly do this, so i cant really go into detail as its more of a thing that just happens. You shoot the fireball air dash into it and when the opponent blocked it you land behind them and say stand slash, to hit them from behind then air combo or maybe just just landed and jump behind them as the fireball hits them and you are attacking from behind. As i said i cant really go into detail as its not something i specificly aim for just something that happens at times and certain distances.

Air Throw
Another form of a anti air. This is manly used in conjunction with the jump k type air games. Kys throws( i dunno maybe its just me) really are like good. Lol i dunno maybe he has a slightly longer throw range them some characters but in genral Ky throw game is very strong and his air throws are no exception. You can air throw opponents out of attacks also. Its hard to write on paper also and hard to time of course but with good judgment on distance of your opponent this can be done. Kys air throw has the range of his jump p. So if his jump P would hit you can air throw. Go to training mode to practice this distance(as i said its kinda hard to judge this obivously in a real match at times) just to get the feel of it say. Now once you get this distance down this is were you can start air throwing your opponent out of attacks ect. Doesnt really matter if they do a attack(again useing chipp here as a example) say chipp does jump slash or hs if you get in your p range you may throw him out of his attacks. This should also be a good way if you felt the need to practice or just try to visualize what your aiming for here. Of course air throws are obviously unblockable so well if you think they are going to jump in and block your jump kick well throw them. Kys air throw also throws them to the ground so know you may start your pressure, offense or what have you.

Out of all these I use the Dp+s and jump kick just in case you wanted to know.

POKE STRINGS

OK now not all of these nesicarly combo as im just saying poke strings. However thats not to say that some dont. So use commen sence when reading. Also some may be more ahem corner freindly shall we say.

First though lets get to why they may be better in the corner. But for this we must travel back in the past. To the first X. Basicly in the transition from X to XX a few things have happened to Ky to fuck a big part of his pressure game up. Lets go through the most obvious ones…

stand hs.
Horzontial range was raped on this move. OK maybe not raped but the fact is alot of strings that involved this attack do not work anymore there for well that sucks. Not to diss the counter hit stager you get now but it sorta messes some of his strings up. A example would be F+hs, run in duck k, stand s, f+p, s, hs. This is no longer possible in XX. At least not on your commen character.

qcf+k.
whoa ok wtf did they do to this move. lol one if comes out slower two it knocks the other dude way back. 3 well the game play system change of were you can now tech at times from being hit ont he ground fuck this up. Heres why in X basicly with ky a big part of his game was do a bread and butter type combo say duck k, stand s, f+p, s, hs to qcf+k, then run in duck k, stand s, qcf+hs. The opponent is forced to stand into this and you contiune. Basicly any string Ky could do ment that you got a free duck k, stand s to big fireball. Now of course this just doesnt work anymore hs doesnt have that range anymore, the qcf+k comes out slower so it doesnt combo from great distances anymore(however note that doesnt mean dont use this in strings just that if you are comboing the other guy make the string shorter to insure he is hit) and unless your by the corner running up after the qcf+k is harder. Oh and umm yeah they can tech if there quick the hit from the ground(though this can be sorta prevented with the occasional reset so the opponent fears this, but that will be another section). Also to hurt this is that since you have to do qcf+k in shorter strings you are more likely to be attacked and he after words. This can sorta be helped by trying to FD right at the end to make you block just the slightest bit faster but it still sorta sucks.

So what am i saying here? Ky can still pressure however the pressure eventualy ends. But Ky has quite a bit new mix ups though so thats nice. Meaning he can do more shit, unfortantly getting a free qcf+hs on a wake up opponent is still getting it for free. So in the end this may or may not be a good trade for Ky. lol Anyway though more conversations about how to pressure ect once im done with the strings and stuff. In certain parts in the string it may say RC or something like that. This is just parts were you may want to RC, say if you guessed wrong and your opponent may be in a postion to punish or something like that. A lot of these are examples of what you can do so you dont even have to opt for the more flashy type strings which may get your self hurt if you dun have a RC to protect you. These are just examples of what you can use ect. Also in certain places i will probably put Kys sacred edge. Easy to follow up ect yeah it wastes a super but if you are winning the match say and you have a bit to waste you might just to keep the pressure going. Not to mention that you are also chargeing up the super you just wasted. Little by little just makeing there gaurd bar go up say. So yeah umm just i dunno these are just examples of what you can do. You could always just do the more tricker type ones that wont require a RC if you fuck it up. Also note In many cases i will use duck s, instead of a stand s. This is beacuse the duck slash does not push you as far away so umm yeah just wanted to say that.

1. F+hs
    –1a. stand s, hs
    ------1aa. qcf+s
    ------------1aaa. qcb+k
    -------------------1aab. RC
    --------------------------1aaba. hs to qcf+s
    --------------------------1aabb. s, p, k
    ------------1aab. qcf+k
    ------1ab. qcf+k
    ------1ac. qcb+k
    ------1ad. qcfX2+p
    ------------1ada. qcf+k
    ------------1adb. run in duck k, stand s qcf+s
    –1b. run in duck k stand s
    ------1ba. stand hs qcf+s
    ------1bb. tiger knee qcf+s
    ------------1bba. qcf+k
    -------------------1bbaa. RC stand hs qcf+s
    ------------1bbb. run in
    --------------------1bbba. dp+s
    --------------------1bbbb. duck k, s, stand hs
    --------------------1bbbc. qcf+s
    --------------------1bbbd. qcf+k
    --------------------1bbbe. qcb+k
    ------1bc. jump and low air dust
    -----------1bca. dash back dust
    -----------1bcb. dash foward p,k,s
    ------------------1bcba. Land and contiune to a new poke string
    -----------1bcc. dash foward dust(or dash foward kick then dust) land then contiune as see fit.
    -----------1bcd. dash back qcf+hs
    ------1bd. dust
    ------1be. f+k, stand s,f+k, duck dust
    ------------1bea. qcf+s
    ------------1beb. qcf+k
    ------------1bec. qcb+k
    ------1bd. dp+s
    ------1be. qcb+k
    ------1bf. f+p,stand s, s qcf+k
    ------1bg. stand hs
    -----------1bga. qcf+s
    -----------1bgb. qcf+k
    -----------1bgc. qcb+k
    -----------1bgd. qcfX2+p
    -----------1bgda. run in duck k, stand s, f+k, duck dust, qcf+s

OK lets go into whats happening ect durning these.

1. F+hs
    –1a. stand s, hs
    ------1aa. qcf+s
    ------------1aaa. qcb+k
    -------------------1aab. RC
    --------------------------1aaba. hs to qcf+s
    --------------------------1aabb. s, p, k
    ------------1aab. qcf+k
    ------1ab. qcf+k
    ------1ac. qcb+k

Pretty basic for the most part string from a f+hs. No runing in afterwords just contiuneing your attacks with a few more umm attacks. The attacks after the fireball are just a way to follow the it up. Sorta just trying to keep the opponent pinned down of sorts to allow you to get a few more attacks in. The qcb+k almost acts as a early anti air from a distance like this. As say after the fireball was blocked they are getting ready to jump out(say they are in the corner or something) well the qcb+k basicly brings them back to the ground. Unfortantly though usualy at this distnace however it will get blocked in the air and you will be left at a disadvantage. So if it is blocked you are gonna ethier have to RC it or basicly time get ready to block there in coming attack or something to that exstent. Or you could even tryyy a vapor thrust for there incoming attack. But ok say fuck that or something you RC to keep your advantage or something so basicly you are cancleing the attack and attacking them forceing them back to the ground ect. The qcb+k part after the stand hs is just to try and get the max range from this move. From max range the qcb+k hits from a good distance away. Basicly there is a invisiable hit when ky hits the ground that hits in front of him. So this piticular poke string would be used to try something like this. Also you are safe with the attack at a distance like this.

------1ad. qcfX2+p
------------1ada. qcf+k
------------1adb. run in duck k, stand s qcf+s

Just a part with a super. The opponent is still in block stun of course from the super fireball so your free to start another poke string of your choice really. Or maybe you go for a quick low with the qcf+k. Perhaps youve done this before so after the run in kick do a throw something like that.

–1b. run in duck k stand s
------1ba. stand hs qcf+s
------1bb. tiger knee qcf+s
------------1bba. qcf+k
-------------------1bbaa. RC stand hs qcf+s
------------1bbb. run in
--------------------1bbba. dp+s
--------------------1bbbb. duck k, s, stand hs
--------------------1bbbc. qcf+s
--------------------1bbbd. qcf+k
--------------------1bbbe. qcb+k

Heres some strings useing the tiger knee air fireball. Some of the parts are a bit more specific as were you are in the stage. Like if you are in the corner you probably wouldnt go for the qcf+k as the fireball isnt going to be pushing them away any. So you could just run in and start your poke string. But say you did do the qcf+k near the corner so since it most likely wont be safe i added the RC part into stand hs to fireball to push yourself out once more. Also remember if the air fireball scores a counter hit the qcf+k or run in combo is guarented so thats good. The run in Dp+s is there so once the opponent become aware of tactics such as this and tries to attack you well you are basicly to smart for them and run in vapor thrust for the counter yadda yadda. Just more pressure here really. Adding some holes in the middle to allow you more in the long run ect.

------1bc. jump and low air dust
-----------1bca. dash back dust
-----------1bcb. dash foward p,k,s
------------------1bcba. Land and contiune to a new poke string
-----------1bcc. dash foward dust(or dash foward kick then dust) land then contiune as see fit.
-----------1bcd. dash back qcf+hs

Heres some uses for the air dust in your strings. The jump then dust then dash back is a way to zone more and maybe catch your bearings or something like that. Or maybe you wanted to fool them that you wanted a break and rush right back in who knows. Or perhaps you dash back with the dust then they thought they were safe so they start to jump away from the corner that they were in or something but you had already started running back in and vapor thrust or jump kick what have you. The second part dash in is nice beacuse normaly ky isnt exactly a character that can pressure with air dashs ect however you can air dust really really low to the ground then dash out of the dust and foward into a pretty low to the ground air dash and get quite a few hits off. Also if for what ever reason they tried to hit you and get hit by the air dust well after the slash part in the air dash dp for the 5 hit combo. Or if they didnt see the dust or something(lol) and just get hit by it, get your 4 hit jump in into a big ground combo or some shit. If blocked start your new poke string. Do note though that if you get hit and not the dust the dust will go away so certain moves will stop something like this. The dashing towards and another dust is to well keep your self moveing foward while trying to make them reluctant to attack for fear they might hit your dust. You then land from the second block waiting for the dust to take that tiny milla sec to hit then conitune to a new poke string. The dust then dash kick to dust is just another way to do something like this if you wanted. As with the first one if the dust hits on counter hit or something no worry ethier as the second dust will also hit, you land then stand slash into air combo. The great thing about doing a string like this is that it doesnt involve to much thinking. Lol well it does but i mean hit or not you really dont have to change what your doing as it all leads into it self or something. Hmm not sure how to explain i guess. For the last one about the dash back then fireball, its another way to gain ground or zone. But you will have to time the dust a bit higher then normal as if you do it low to the ground the game wont let you do a air fireball from that low in the air. Like wise you could time the dust a bit higher in the air dashing toward section so if you wanted to jump to air dust then dash in hs to qcf+s then land and qcf+k (so all togther that one would read F+hs, run in duck k, stand s, jump dust, air dash toward, hs, qcf+s, land qcf+k). But im just trying to give ideas so whatever works.

------1bd. dust

Just the air combo launcher. Thought i would add it in. I think Ky needs to go for this more then in the X beacuse the qcb+k is a fairly slow overhead so more poke strings useing this may be benifical.

------1be. f+k, stand s,f+k, duck dust
------------1bea. qcf+s
------------1beb. qcf+k
------------1bec. qcb+k

Using Kys new ability to basicly well make moves link after his f+k. Does a good amount of gaurd meter as well. I always use a sweep at the to a fireball, or qcb+k. I dun use the qcf+k from this much but all put it there anyway. =p

------1bd. qcf+s
-----------1bda. dp+s
------1be. qcb+k
------1bf. f+p,stand s, s qcf+k

The first part is just a early fireball in the string to try and bait a attack for the counter hit vapor thrust. All have more on stuff like this in later counter hit section and crap. The qcb+k is just a way to try and sneak a early overhead in. And the last part is basicly just a long string of attacks, useing the qcf+k at the end. It probably wont combo depending on character however from this distance you should be safe for the most part.

------1bg. stand hs
-----------1bga. qcf+s
-----------1bgb. qcf+k
-----------1bgc. qcb+k
-----------1bgd. qcfX2+p
-----------1bgda. run in duck k, stand s, f+k, duck dust, qcf+s

just more crap to do. lol shrug getting tired of writeing. This string is quite a bit closer then the others so the qcf+k deffintly isnt gonna be safe here. However doing a closer type string to the super fireball will allow you to follow up the fireball better so i guess its a switch off sorta…

So those are some examples useing the F+hs in your strings. In most cases this would occur on a opponent getting up from a knockdown of sorts. Or you might go for a f+hs after forceing the opponent to stand up into a qcf+hs after a duck dust or something to the exstent.

OK now lets go into strings starting with the duck k. I wont go into much depth here though really anything that worked in the f+hs section start at the duck k in there. Of course though you should be able to get more hits off as you will have more momentum on your side most likely since you may run farther then do a duck k so you should get more hits off. So yeah umm anyway not much detail here just a few quick examples using more of the momentum on your side.

1.duck k
–1a. stand s
------1aa. f+k, stand s, f+k, stand s, duck dust qcf+s
------1ab. f+p, duck s, stand hs
-----------1aba. qcf+k
-----------1abb. qcf+s
------1ac. stand hs, f+k, duck k, dust
-----------1aca. qcf+s
-----------1acb. qcf+k
-----------1acc. qcb+k
–1b. qcf+s
------1ba. throw
------1bb. dp+s

yea i dunno just some examples again. For the 1ac part you may want to replace the 1a with a duck slash to make sure you will hit with the duck k into the duck dust. However wiffing the duck kick into the duck dust acctualy isnt that bad. As the duck dust has quite a bit of priorty(though most sweeps do come to think of it…) so may catch them off gaurd. Ok now the last part is kinda shady i know. lol This is more corner orriented type part. Basicly you duck K into fireball basicly they think your more punishable then you really are and you may be able to get a dp+s off when they attack. So maybe next time a few rounds later(i wouldnt suggest doing this as a main type attack pattern) you throw them. Sorta like fireball tick into throw or umm something. Basicly this is you messing up and them ethier trying to capatalize on your fuck up or them just standing there blocking thinking something like “that was the stupidiest attack pattern ever.” then you throw them. shrug anyway the only time i use this is usualy acctualy when i fuck up. Say im running then duck k and i accidently roll the stick to foward when i just want a stand s so i end up getting the fireball. So basicly if for some reason you fuck up well this is your option. You could also try for a perhaps f+p for a bit of invunarability if they were gonna attack then contiune a new string or something.

KNOCKDOWNS

OK lets talk about getting knock downs how to get one what to do once you get one. Createing resets from these postions also will be in this piticular section. The 3 main ways to get a knock down are gonna be from a qcf+k, throws, and your duck dust. Getting a knock down gives you the advantage in the guessing game obivously as the opponent has to out guess you, or at least they should unless you keep doing the same thing and being repetitive and stupid. Of course getting the knock down is also the best way to lead into then F+hs strings which will ultimately be your main way to build up gaurd meter and pressure type tactics from this position. Lets go into these 3 ways, now some of these may be more corner freindly so i will say which ect.

qcf+k
As i said earlier you pretty much know how this has changed from X. Now if your not near the corner in almost all cases getting a knock down from this wont proove to be to much to your advantage. That is if you are useing it in a poke string of sorts. Since the piticular distance is more specific now to were it combos and stuff and you get knocked further away after it. But lets say you are useing the move by its self just stand alone. The move is fast enough in most cases for what you can use it for. To go under attacks ect, obivously when this happens you score the counter hit so the distance doesnt have to be as exact. Which means you can follow it up from just about any distance now.

For the first example lets use this from a poke string that hits and is not near the corner, for the sake of keeping it easy all just say something like f+hs, s, hs, qcf+k. Now honestly there isnt gonna be much you can do here OTG game wise as the opponent is pushed to far away for you to run up to them and start something like this. So if something like this happens i usualy do one of a few things.

1. tiger knee qcf+hs. The opponent is pretty much forced to stand into this if you time it right. Hey its not X were you can run up hit then charge stun edge but eh take what you can get i guess. You are also in a good range from here to start zoneing your opponent and thinking of your next pressure tactic if you please. Defintinly the safest of the 3 and possibly the best.
  2. Run in then as they get up F+hs, cancle on first hit to qcb+k. OK that probably sounds kinda shitty. And it is. Why cuz obivously from this distance they arent forced to stand into a F+hs so the reversal they do from this postion doesnt even have to be perfect since your attack will come out at about the same time they get up. So if they think your gonna attack and do a shoryuken type move ahh you are pretty much fucked. But say they dont and just block well i personaly never cancle a f+hs on the first hit besides on something like this so it might come as a suprise. Then into a quick over head ect.
  3. Run in FD then contiune as needed. I usualy dont run in a FD on wakeing up opponent besides here and perhaps throws a few other areas. But i do here so umm lets go. OK this may trick the opponent into wanting to reversal as well from how far away you are they can see you coming from a mile away dashing in to start your offensence a reversal should be a pretty much no brainer eh? well you cancle your dash with FD to bait it they fly in the air and you go into Kys pretty damagine bread and butter combo of stand slash, f+k repeat X3 duck dust into qcf+hs or qcfX2+p to add even more damage. OK say they didnt reversal no worry. Throw them. heh. Next time FD if no attack is happening do a quick pattern(since you have no momentem on your side) like duck k, s qcf+s or something like that. You can get more but perhaps you are trying to keep it a bit more simple so you will have a better chance to follow this up since they are closer to you(which i will get into later in the thread).

OK lets say you are in the corner though or near it. Now you have some differnt options with OTGs ect. Lets use the same string as before(f+hs,s,hs, qcf+k) to keep it simple.

1. Run in duck k, stand s
    –1a. Qcf+hs
    –1b. tiger knee qcf+s
    ------1ba. Run in dp+s, or run in a do a pattern say duck k, stand s, hs, qcf+s
    –1c. tiger knee qcf+hs
    –1d. jump cancle to air throw

OK now the first part is the qcf+hs, basicly what you would do in the first game except now they can tech if they are quick resulting in them jumping over(most likely) the fireball and landing behind you to combo you. So this is way more riskey now. However the benifit is still just as good as you still get a free follow up with whatever string you choose from starting with a F+hs or duck k what have you. The teching opponent can be solved though if they fear some reset type tactics from you which is why i have that air throw part in there. This is basicly just takeing advantage that you can jump cancle this and well right when they tech you jump cancle your move to throw them. Since there in the corner not much room for them to move so they are most likely gonna get thrown. Its important to have a few tactics set up for resets specificly to keep the opponent from teching in situtions like these. Alll have some more of these type set ups later. The tiger knee qcf+s is for the corner, they should get right up into the fireballl then you ethier run in and combo or if you think they may attack you might vapor thrust to score the counter. I put the tiger knee qcf+hs there for if you arent exactly in the corner but your close to it. This is something you would use here.

Throws are pretty obivous for the knock down. Both his air and ground do this. As ive said earlier get to know the exact range of his throws to abuse them as in the case with the air throw the punch range of it to throw opponents out of there attacks. The throw is probably the easiest way to get the knock down of course and sets you up perfectly for OTG type crap. If your going to use the qcf+hs dont bother trying to combo off the ground into it, your at enough advantage that you dont need to risk them teching. So just throw it out so they stand up into it. When i do OTG from here its usualy with the air fireball set ups that i posted earlier. You can also use some of the set ups with FD as i stated earlier in this section. Just dash back after the throw then run in FD then contiune as needed. The dash back is sorta to keep your self moving so the opponent gets perhaps restless and wants to hit you or is confused and just blocks or something like that. So after the throw its just dash back run in FD then take what the opponent gives you.

Duck dust. This is by far the easiest way to set the opponent up for the qcf+hs. Also the fact that kys main punishing combo is from this just helps matters. Sol wiffs shoryuken? Run in stand s, f+k X3 duck dust, qcf+hs then start your new string. If i hit with the duck dust i dont do knock down wise but this. So i wont go into it. This is the only thing you need from this is this piticular set up.

OFFENCE/PRESSUREING THE OPPONENT/POKEING

Well obivously this game is offensive so pressuring the opponent can only be good. lol Pressure the opponent will lead to them trying to get out and getting more oppertunities to land counter hits and all of Kys counter hits are good for his game.(lol well you would hope so eh? Anyway all get to some of the counter hit strats after this)And will hopefully cuz the opponents to make mistakes in his defense like wiff counter type move for easy bread and butter type combo.

Qcf+k is a good way to start or keep the pressure for that matter. I gave a few examples of this in the poke string sections as in after a block fireball or something to that exstent. Its a good suprise attack, its not ridiculously fast but its good for what it has to do. Also it ducks under alot of attacks and when you get the counter hit both hits combo so distance will not be a factor. You can almost use it as a shoryuken lets say. Well sorta… Almost were you would psyhic dp say a long range attack. A piticular match up were i find this happens more often then some is johnny. Johnny has quite a few attacks that have good range(like Ky sorta) that he may try to poke with from mid range to maybe slightly above. Now if you can get use to this you can use the qcf+k to beat stuff like this. When you anticapate a attack like this the qcf+k can proove to be a safer way to try and counter them instead of the vapor thrust method of countering. ALso remember this does duck under attacks such as say a a fireball or well johnnys coins. So if your in the a poke string were a coin comes out reversal into the qcf+k to hit the next attack. Then you have your knock down now start your pressure from there. The move has great start up so dont underestimate its speed. However the move has one HUGE weakness. Duck dusts own this move for free. Literaly. So if your opponent is being a bit more cautious be warned cuz they may dust this on reaction and well you will get beat. So umm lets just hope that doesnt happen, k? lol anyway but yeah this move in a lot of cases is a good way to start some pressure, and the pressure part of your offense or well get some pressure of you.

So now if the qcf+k is getting to obivoulsy or there is just to much commitment to this move you think a quick low poke that i do a lot is duck s. It acctualy will turn the tables on the opponent and beat most there duck dust attempts. Usualy after a duck s i might go for a quick qcf+s. Nothen to complicated just trying to poke from a specific range. Another poke that is really good is Kys duck dust. Kys sweep just like most others is pretty high priorty for the most part. Also while he may not go under moves ala sol his head does have a lil’ bit of invunarabilty and you can use this to your advanatage. The duck dust also high a fairly long hit frame so when pokeing with this attack at times you may happen to acctualy just catch the opponent running into this attack at times. When just pokeing with the sweep i would suggest cancleing to a qcf+s just about everytime since hit or not it doesnt really matter. Also if hit this is one places were i go for resets a lot. If blocked the opponent gets pushed away.

Mid range is possible the best places or most likely were a lot of your pokeing or rangeing of the opponent may occur. Weather it be you and your opponent dashing back a bit you dashing in slightly to try and hit a duck dust or harrasing them with a few qcf+s at this range. Sometimes in shorter type strings i may add another fireball after the first one. So say i did something like i saw a oppertunity to hit a duck k,s qcf+s(both you and your opponent are sorta trying to gain the advantage here both moving in and out right now, weather it been from some air dashs or quick dash ins. You are close enough to just barely touch with your duck k so you continue with something like this.) so you do. This is pretty simple and to the point now you throw another more as a suprise attack and try to hit the opponent. Perhaps they were trying to get a quick mid range attack of there own from there and they though you had ended with first fireball. Well they guessed wrong basicly. lol You score the counter. Now the easiest way to captalize on this would be a qcf+k. However you can try and time perhaps a run in duck s then qcf+k. You just have to know your distances, and make sure you judge properly in a case like this. Now in a corner this would be easier of course. So pressureing with a random stun edge may proove to be benifical, and at least if its blocked you arent in anytrouble (of course if they decide to air dash or something well ummm guess better next time.).

Makeing your poke strings shorter also allow you to keep the pressure on better as well as ive mentioned before. Here is a example of something i tend to use quite a bit in a mid range type sititution.

1. duck k, s, qcf+s
    –1a. dash in slightly duck dust, qcf+s
    –1b. dash in dp+s
    –1c. dash in FD then contiune as needed

very very simple but really good. You saw your chance to hit something as simple as this and you have a few good options from it. The dash in dust is really good beacuse the dust is fast, and like i said alot of times the opponent happens to just run into the thing. Hit or not this is also safe for the most. For the run in dp+s run in further then you would for the duck dust(the dust part is a very quick dash in were this you should dash almost into the opponent) something as quick as this should suprise the opponent and hopefully make them want to counter you and you hit them. The dash in FD part is just a little mind game if the opponent was getting use to something like this(which they might beacuse something as simple as this is acctualy pretty good and may be used a couple times) so they go to shoryuken or super something like that so you FD to cut to the block faster. Of course Kys vapor thrust will acctualy beat alot of supers and stuff like this but this is probably a safer way if you felt the other was to risky. Another added benifit of this is that it may make the opponent nervous and unsure and make them lean a bit more towards trying to jump out after these broken strings of sorts when also help your run in vapor thrust or some of your air game and some tricks you can use with it.

OK for this one lets basicly use the same example as i did last time but make it a tad longer to switch it up i guess. =p(also you are not in corner here you can be but the air dashing kinda tricks i will say here will be better when the opponent is more opponent to move freely.) OK you get the knock down F+hs as they get up, then dash in quick simple string of duck k,stand s, hs qcf+s. Now the opponent is use to dashing in after things like this and supriseing them with a quick low dust or something so they take to the air. Now is a time when you would use might use the hs version of the vapor thrust. Another thing you could run in then jump towards k and bring them back to the ground with a barrage of attacks. If you guess wrong with your jump k and go passed them or start to, dash backwards and qcf+s. Or depending on how low you are to the ground you can try dash back hs to qcf+s. So basicly you are dashing past them then back to them just trying to confuse them or whatever. Just make sure if you mess up in what you wanted to do you have a plan at least for the most part of how to quickly turn it into something else.

Qcb+k
Not much to say with this. This can help keep the pressure a little. I already mention that this almost acts as a early anti air. So perhaps you are done with your string of sorts and well you think the opponent may try to jump out or something so well you basicly knock them back down to the ground. However again as said this isnt the safest move when used for something like this. So you may have to RC or something.

TECHs
purposlying doing combos were the opponent can tech is also a good way to keep the pressure, that is if you guess which way they will tech. Now in the corner this is gonna be easier as you are already close to them. Doing the occasional reset type thing from a tech will also help you get more out of your knockdown game. Since hopefully the opponent is aware that if need be you can and will punish them teching after OTG ect. So adding a few piticular things like this is what i do. Now as youve seen me talk about i do duck dust into qcf+s quite a bit. Now if hit is were you can start your reset type sitiutions. OK lets go back to just what we were talking about. The string of duck k,s,qcf+s, dash in dust then qcf+s. OK now the first part was blocked however then dust part hits then the fireball, now your gonna wanna jump straight up(or foward, should never really need to go backwards) then air throw them back to the ground. Remember to practice the distance of your air throw and throwing characters out of there attacks this can be really good if you practice it. If he were to tech up instead of foward you should still be able to throw him beacuse of the range. Now if you feel they will be out of range or tech back you can try to jump up after the fireball and hs, then qcf+s or hs(depending on distances). Or maybe just a jump up qcf+hs. Im sure your getting the idea here. Anyway this is a commen place were i use air throw after a tech to keep pressure on.

COUNTER HIT
OK well pressureing should eventuatly lead the opponent to make holes in there defense will lead to some chances to land some easy damageing counter hits so lets get to some.

Fireballs
Both ground and air based fireballs are allow for combos after a counter hit. Not very complicated the counter hit basicly stuns the opponent more allowing you to follow up easier and when hit in the air it will take longer for the opponent to tech so should allow you to follow up. And if nothenelse at least get the knockdown(depending on how high up they are in some cases). On the ground the most commen place a counter hit ground fireball may occur when more at mid range. For a bit more explanation of this look in the pressureing section. Now depending on distance you may be able to run in and get a combo, or just opt for the qcf+k. Now when you do the air fireballs and the opponent gets hit on a counter hit here(like lets say some of the poke strings i used earlier) you should be able to run in since distant shouldnt be as much as a factor. However if your still unsure of the distance again just stick with the qcf+k. If you hit a airbone opponent with ethier a air or ground fireball and get a counter hit if your fast you should be able to run up and jump in with a commen air combo of something like jump k,s, jump s, hs dp+hs.

Vapor thrust
For combo from this go to the anti air section.

Air Dust
A counter hit on the ground will force a opponent into the air for a easy air combo. There are many sititutions were something like this may occur. Look to the poke strings section for some examples. Basicly you try to force your opponent into blocking this, beacuse when timed right there isnt much they can do. If they try to attack they will be hit and launched in the air. Now if your closer to the opponent you can get something like a stand s, then jump into air combo. Or you can try to go for longer combos like stand s, qcb+k stand p, s then air combo, or even go for another loop of the qcb+k if you choose. Another way to score a counter hit is when you knock the opponent down jump and quickly cancle to dust then land and just block see what happens. If it hits you air combo if its blocked you do a poke string. The counter hit is very freindly to combos so lets say you were doing the one poke string of F+hs, run in duck k, stand s, jump dust, dash back fireball, well this could have just been to space your self a bit more but well you lucked out and hit the counter hit. The fireball will combo after the dust from a postition so even if you werent expecting it to hit you will still get some damage. If you see it hit before the fireball, depending on distance after the dash back run in duck p, stand s to air combo or whatever you want. Now if you hit with this in the air as a counter as say you are zoneing of sorts and the opponent air dashes into one of your dusts. Or even if your both air dash back and forth and goes to attack and attacks the thing in most cases here you should probably just stick to a jump k,s, jump s, hs, dp+hs.

Stand HS
On counter hit the stand hs creates the stagger effect that im sure you have seen before. After this your pretty much free to run in and combo depending on distance. However acctualy if the opponent is fast you can really do this unless you are in the corner. But theres another stipulation well hopefully they didnt expect to be hit out of there attack( i would hope you wouldnt attack to be hit in most cases.:confused: ) so them mashing to get out of it shouldnt be a problem. However if this did occur it may be better to just do another stand hs then combo into whatever if you think they were expecting to get hit and are fast. But if this isnt the case, run in after the stagger and go for a damageing combo of your choice.

COMBOS

OK i wont get to indepth here, but all try to give some pointers at least.

GREED SABER(qcb+k)
is a fairly important in your combos. Ky can get 3 qcb+k in one combo. However it really depends on spaceing and makeing sure that you hit a few more times before the next. Example would be say you hit with one, so you then do stand p,s qcb+k the next time you will need to duck p, stand k, s qcb+k. You need to do this beacuse you need to keep the opponent high enough in the air for you to combo after it. Now if you were to start with something like that at the very begining you would knock them to high, thus them being able to tech the combo after words. As i said you can get 3 but this is pretty much a waste. After 3 air combing isnt possible, or shouldnt be cuz i know i havent done it and sure havnt seen it. So its better if you are going to do some loops with the attack to stay with 2 then air combo the next. The problem is once you get to 3 you wont be able to get the opponent high enough in the air to air combo again. They will fall to the ground. And well you just wasted some damage you could have got with a air combo. One benifit of the loop that say i suppose sol doesnt have is that teching is not a option in it. If you do it correctly the other person can tech. So i suppose thats probably good. Of course the damage is nothing compared to that. This can be done anywere though. shrug Anyway so you can mess with this ect, again stay with just 2 as 3 is a waste if you want to do this.

STAND SLASH, F+K
OK this is almost always the combo i do as a punisher for a mistake like say wiff sol shoryuken or something. Anyway this is my main in better really. Of course another added benifit is that momentum plays no part in this. So even without running it doesnt matter. The most times you can repeat this is 4 and thats on a bigger character or a mid sized character ducking and higher. After this you can add a duck dust to this most likely. So say a combo could be something like stand s, f+k X4, duck dust, qcf+s. You should be able 3 on every character. Anyway practice this its just a link so its not to hard really. Just time it as mashing for it doesnt work to well.

F+HS
Hmm really quick note here i guess. Remember you can run in after the F+hs hits, so you can get alot more hits then just trying to combo after it normaly. Ok thats all. =p

anyway Ky as you can see Kys combos all should lead the opponent to the corner really quick. Qcb+k a few times, or the stand s, f+s all should lead you to the corner in no time. So thats well is a good thing.

DUST
OK heres my main dust combo if i land one. I usualy do one of 2 things but its almost always the long one.

s X4-5, p,k,s,p,k,s, jump s, hs, dp+HS

sX4-5, jump s, hs, dp+hs

Sadly enough the longer one only does a bit more then the short one. But more is more i suppose shrug. Plus more super i guess which usualy will make me opt for the longer version.

QCFX2+p
His super fireball. Remember that you dont have to FRC this to combo after it however it would make it easier if say you did this in the middle of the screen after a long combo. The FRC is right when he says “S acred edge” so right when he says the letter S. But yeah in almost all cases you shouldnt have to FRC(just time your run in well. Or just end with a qcf+k or something) this but it will let you get more hits if you really wanted so whatever.

If i have meter to spare acctualy one of my main combos involes the fireball super. Just chain into duck dust, qcfX2+p the opponent is unable to tech and you should be able to run in and combo. Weather or not you want to go straight into a air combo or a qcb+k then air combo its up to you.

SPECIALS MOVES ECT…

OK this would probably be at the top but beacuse i was to lazy to write it first all write it now. Though then again if i edit this i may just put it at the top hmmmmm… ah well anyway…

qcf+s(in air also with s or hs)
Good ol’ fireball. Seems faster over all then X. But then again i would have to play one after the other to be exactly sure. Ultimately however its way more usefull then in X as since Kys qcf+k is way toned down in this game he has to result to a lot more pressure tactics that revolve around fireballs this time around.

dp+s or hs(in air also)
shoryuken. I use it as my main anti air but if you want to go with f+p whatever. On counter hit your left with a ton of options. Hs more invincable then s. However i usualy stick to to s. A example of were i may use the hs for the invincability is when im running at the opponent and they super, now most likely the slash version would trade were as the hs will win. Momentum also plays into a factor in this as to say i dunno sol did a fireball or some shit and i ran and did a dp+hs to go through it ect.

One thing that has changed though is getting hit out of the vapor thrust. Now maybe its just a game play element or it just is something they changed about ky. In X if you traded with the dp+s you were still able to tech after words pretty quicly in almost all sititutions and still get a combo off. Or at least a OTG duck k, stand s, qcf+hs. However this isnt the case in XX as if you get knocked out you almost always cant tech now and will hit the ground. Shrug. Might just be that all moves now have longer counter hit stun i dunno. But its defintly different.

qcb+k
This replaces his old top down attack move flip move. Hmm both moves are pretty cool so i dunno which i would choose. lol You can acctualy combo this one unlike in X, however its no more effective as a mix up as the light saber effects are a pretty big give away. You can acctualy get a few off if you wanted which is talked about in the combo section so read more in there. This one also has a much larger hit time as it stays out, well a long time. It also has a invisable hit when he hits the ground at certain distances its not huge like say far stand slash, but its there. One thing that doesnt work with this(or nigh impossible) is in X you could acctualy time the qcb+k to flip and cross over the opponent. So you could do a poke string and depending on momentum and distance you could qcb+k through the opponent hitting them on the other side for a cross up. While this is possible in XX its pretty much impossible beacuse it involves you like not even attacking. So umm the other dude probably isnt gonna let you get right into place for something like this. To bad to. Beacuse you would think that you could but alas if you flip over the opponent even if they are engulfed in light saber it doesnt really hit from behind. Hmm another thing to mention is that this move acts as a sorta anti air at times, and beacuse your higher in the air you can try and work some RC type games in if you really wanted.

qcf+k
Theres a ton of crap on this move in the thread. So read there more. Basicly this move got raped.

1. distance to combo is much much more specific. Will not combo from far distances.
  2. recovery a tad worse.(add that to you have to be closer for it to combo really fucks things up)
  3. Knocks the opponent a lot farther after hitting with it.

But thats not to say the move isnt good. Just that its not like abusable in anyway anymore.

qcf+hs
big fireball. lol all talk more about it in the RC/FRC section.

hcb,f+hs(in air also)
ride the lighting move. Not very usefull and considering supers arent that hot in the first place… well ya… heh. I dont use this but once in a blue moon. In certain situtions were i might be knocked down and maybe i have to reversal when the opponent is staying a distance away from a vapor thrust or some shit. But ah even then probably not. It can be done in the air also. Has good revcovery on landing so thats not bad. Hmm all hits hit on the ground now instead of just say 2. But ah a whole 5 little pixles isnt gonna make a difference in most cases. Anyway so um yea not a very good move.

qcfXp
His fireball super. I basicly think of it as ryus shinkuu hadoken from SSF2X. Hit or blocked you have time to follow up. I use this everynow and then.

F+p
upperbody invicabilty. More then alot of characters also. Possible to pass through fireballs ect. Shrug still perfer a shoryuken though but whatever.

F+k
Changed from X. You can no longer cancle it with special moves, but now you have a advantage after its hit or blocked allowing you to link moves ect. In the end it makes the move much more usefull.

RC/FRC

OK time for this stuff…

BLOCKED
Unfortantly unless you guess perfect all the time with you vapor thrusts there may come a time when… well when the opponent doesnt attack and it gets blocked… alas… Now unless you want to eat a combo or you have a burst or some crap RCing the dp will most likely be your best bet to save yourself and not start some pressure in some cases.

OK so the vapor thrust is blocked now when i RC it i usualy do a qcf+s immeditaly afterwords. The opponent cant do much about this if they arent execting it. So they block a fireball and you maybe distance your self or try to capatilize on them blocking it and maybe rush in. Another thing you may try is RC then hs then air fireball then rush in. Pretty self explainatory here. You can also try not doing anything just block(if they dp or something like that FD) then land and throw. They probably wont be expecting you to have no recovery from your fall now so maybe you can cacth then off gaurd. Or even pull a old school ken or even sol in this game land then shoryuken again. lol whatever.

qcf+k
since the move is well sigh ive said it to many times. Anyway since your not gonna be safe alot of the time Rcing at the end of this move should protect you. Usualy if i just RC i stand hs then qcf+s right afterwords to push me right back out. Since on block this is a combo you should be safe. OK now there is another way to do this with the FRC version but however i dont no the timeing and well if you mess up you just wasted a whole nother qauter meter for something that may have not been worth it anyway.

qcb+k
ive talked about this in the thread also already. So umm go read that were ever it is.

HIT
OK only special move i bother with if hit might be something like the qcf+k. If you hit with it you can RC the last part then run in and air combo or greed saber a couple times whatever. So if you are in a sitution were you only need that last bit of health and you just hit with a combo ending with this you probably should go for something like this. Sometimes i even just will do a stand hs afterwords to a qcf+s. It combos and it may not be a lot but im left in a good position afterwords. Im about half screen away maybe just waiting for them to tech into my air throw or maybe all throw a tiger knee air fireball start some zoneing whatever.

you can also RC the throw, but all get into that in the throw section…

FRC
qcf+hs
OK quick overview here. If you jump right when you do this you can make it come out in the air. Look into anti air secton for more. Also you can shoot 2 fireballs at once with FRC if your quick. I basicly find this pretty worthless though. As even if you shoot 2 big fireballs in a row doesnt give you any advantage of any kind beacuse well you still have to wait for the recovery. You can also tiger a knee a fireball from this. So right when you FRC down to up+s or hs. Big fireball going horzontial and maybe a fireball going downwards. This should be safe. But again i dun see much point to shooting to fireballs. Stick to jump cancleing it if you do. Or you could just do what the move was ment to do and thats give you no recovery on the fireball. So say you do a poke string and happen to do the big fireball well the opponent jumps you FRC then you are free to anti air them as you please maybe dp+s right after it or duck hs who knows. You could also use it to sorta hide your attacks. Example say you sweep the opponent with the bread and butter combo stand s f+k X3 duck dust, qcf+hs(FRC) then qcb+k immeditly after words. Then start your attack as they should have to block the last hit of the fireball after the qcb+k or around the same time. So you may have time to run in and start a string afterwords. Mix up with it ect.

qcf+k
You can FRC right before the sword slash part. Hmmm timings sorta iffy at least for me. And if you fuck up it just cost you a whole nother quater meter which sucks. Though if you did the move to close in the poke string in you know the timeing, you can try for a throw afterwords.(say the opponent was waiting to block the last hit to then combo you, you throw by suprise yadda yadda). Or you could even try to do another poke string. Note though you arent left at any advantage after this as ive been hit trying to go for stuff before. You could also try for some mix up with this as in FRC then go right into a top down attack stand dust or even then qcb+k whatever.

qcfX2+p
You can FRC this. Though in most cases it shouldnt be nesacary. If you ended a long combo with this and are in the middle of the screen you may want to FRC it to make sure you can run in again but thats up to you. One thing to remember its never nesacary to FRC this beacuse you can always just qcf+k afterwords to make sure you can get something after this. Timeing isnt to hard its just right when he says the “s” in sacred edge. Anyway this makes it much easier again to combo but you dont have to in most cases.

THROWING…

Both kys throws knock down giving you otg games. Im sure you know when to throw and what not trying to take advantage of throws being like 1 frame or whatever they are. Or dash in FD then throw ect. One way you might not think of going into Kys throw is from the stagger of the counter hit HS. So you hit with a counter hit HS then run in and throw. This is easier then it looks sorta though as you have to time the run in and quickly cut it off. As i said before when i hit counter hit HS alot of times i just slightly run in duck k then combo or just another HS. The throw is the hardest out of these 3. What i do (if i go for it) is right after the hs tap toward toward really quick then roll the stick to back. So basicly you are doing hcb+hs after the stand hs. You can tell you did it right if the opponent is still blueish from the electricty.

Even without the true combo of this however this is fairly hard to reverse if done right.

So ok now you threw them now what…

1.throw
–1a. Duck k, stand s
------1aa. tiger knee qcf+hs
------1ab. jump up air throw
------1ac. qcf+hs (FRC jump cancle also possible)
–1b. dash back, run in
------1ba. FD throw
------1bb. poke string
------1bc. dp+s

The tiger knee fireball after this is by far the one i use the most. Since its not gaunterd that the opponent will not tech(which will fuck up the qcf+hs)the air fireball should keep them pinned down. Also beacuse the opponent is getting pushed farther away after stand s in this game the qcf+hs isnt always stood up into. If in the corner you may substitute the the qcf+hs with s. Again this is by far the most usefull as tech or not the air fireball versions always do what they were ment to do. The jump up air throw is more of a corner thing. this is if you are expecting the opponent to tech and this is like the reset to throw them back and keep your advantage. Remember throwing stuff like this randomly into your game will help keep the opponent from teching as much. And getting knockdowns are pretty important for Ky(as im sure with any character). The big fireball is great when the opponent doesnt tech. But if you think they will you can try and get a bit tricky by doing the FRC the air dash method of it. They should tech right into the big fireball and allow you to keep them pinned down. (they block big fireball you in the air are doing say k,s,p,k, air dust ect.) Also this tactic can be fairly usefull when not in the corner as it gives you the knock down then you are dashing in protected by that big fireball.

The dash in stuff is more tricky stuff ect also. Dashing back then foward is sorta like the mind game. Ive already explained stuff like this earlier in the thread so im sure you can guess you throw if you think they are gonna block the dp+s is the random dp if you think they may attack this time.

RC
you can also RC kys throw for a biiiiiiiit more damage. You can try and get tricky with some of the combos but usualy i stick to ethier one of these…

RC, F+p, stand s, jump k, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs
RC, stand hs, qcb+k, stand p, stand s, jump up, k, s, jump s,hs, dp+hs

The earlier is pretty much gaurented on everyone and it also does as much damage for the most part as the latter. The latter is character specific in some cases you may need to do a stand s, then stand hs instead of just the hs. They both do about as much damage but adding the lightsaber will give you a bit more super. shrug go with whatever you feel comfertable really.

AIR THROW
as i said in the anti air section kys air throw has a range of his jump punch so get to know the distance so you are able to throw people out of attacks. And keep yourself at the max range. Some set ups for it would be after a otg stand s, then jump air throw. After a duck dust, qcf+s. Also if you hit with a dp+s or hs without counter hit wait for a bit then jump up and see if you can get a throw in. Also for certain combos that invovle the qcb+k you may get pushed away to far for the dp+hs to end the air combo.(or any air combo for that matter. But this is were its more likely to occur) So jump up k,s, jump up s, hs fall to the ground then jump up and air throw.

QCF+HS(FRC)
Ok heres a ground throw with this and a air throw. In the corner after a knock down a common strat might be to otg them with duck k, stand s, then qcf+hs. Now one of the mix ups from this would be to FRC the fireball if you anticapted the opponent would tech so they are forced into this. However lets say they dont tech and it just flys over them. Well when you land quickly throw them. Works pretty well for the most part. Since this sitution doesnt come up very often(at least i would assume not. lol i would hope you dont guess wrong often.) A air throw from this would be as follows. If you are useing it as anti air after you shoot it in the air run foward. Let it hit the opponent, then quickly jump and air throw. This should always work.

AIR TO AIR GAME…

Ky has an effective air to air game. Revolving around air dusts, jump kicks, and the occasional hs. Now some of this is repeated from the anti air thread as the jump k also serves purpose as anti air. So if you feel the need to skip over things thats fine. Air to air is exstremly important against more hoppty characters like a chipp or a milla whatever. You need to know what options you have ect if a sitution comes up like this. Air dashing in and out trying to gain the advantage whatever.

JUMP KICK
Kys jump kick has a lot of priorty. And for the most part will beat just about any other air attack there is. Its also obivously safer then a vapor thrust when blocked. Against opponents like say chipp were a good deal of the match may be played in the air this move is pretty much a must. Hmmm hard to explain all the uses of this but i will try sorta(im gonna try in the air to air game section as well to so i dunno kinda talking about the same thing here in some of the parts. The air to air part will expand much greater on this basicly.)

If the kick hits…

1. k, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs

Thats about it. lol really if you hit with this as anti air you dont need anything more complicated then this.

Now weather or not its blocked or wiffs the viarety starts…

if the kick is blocked…

1. k
    –1a. dash back
    ------1aa. dust
    ------1ab. qcf+s or hs
    –1b. s
    ------1ba. hs
    ------------1baa. qcf+s
    ------------1bbb. throw
    ------------1bbc. block
    ------1bc. p, k, d

OK now let me go through each one sorta to tell you what and why certain things will happen in the giving situtions.

1. k
    –1a. dash back
    ------1aa. dust
    ------1ab. qcf+s or hs

The first part is the jump kick is blocked. Now you dash back as you dont really feel the need to contiune this paticular part could be considerd more of zoneing the opponent more then anything. Your letting them know that basicly if there gonna be all hopping around and shit that you can do that just as much as they can and if they do dare to try and attack you air to air wise well Kys gonna well umm kick them or something. You then dash back and get back to the distance you wanted and say maybe you were zoneing with fireballs or what have you, who knows. Dashing back into dust is also good or fireball perhaps to protect your falling from the kick. If the opponent were to rush in after a blocked kick well they might run into a fireball to stop them from trying to if you were more towards the corner the slash version would be used as it angles more down. The dust is used to create space once again. These piticular patterns are also what you would use if you wiff your jump kick as well. This could be considerd away of turtleing almost i suppose. Maybe your trying to force the ground game more instead of the constant air game that perhaps this hoppity opponent is playing. I do this against chipp a lot. ( you will see that i will use chipp alot in my air to air game as well as he is the usual more fidgety charcater that i play against.) Jump kicking in then dashing back out and a dust to create space maybe next time jump kick then a barrage of little attacks to force some pressure this time. Just mix it up really.

–1b. s
------1ba. hs
------------1baa. qcf+s
------------1bbb. throw
------------1bbc. block

The first part is just a way to attack the person long enough to the ground to force them to just about half to block the in coming fireball. The 1bab part is well you forced them to the ground then you start attacking. Pretty simple. Now the 1bb parts are a bit more complicated i suppose. After the slash you want to jump cancle back or foward. Now since you pretty much just hit the opponent to the ground they are sorta right in the middle so they may get a bit mixed up on were exactly you will land. They cant see them selves on the screen so the mind game is pretty much in your favor after this. What a opponent may try to do is after the slash and they hit the ground they may jump up once again to try and attack you or air throw you. Well umm just air throw them if you see this. heh OK but lets say that didnt happen and continue. You land on whatever side you choose and you land then throw say the opponent was confused for a sec or they thought you may attack so they blocked. The second is well you land and dp+s. Basicly the opponent sees you land and is like shit which way oh fuck and hits duck lk or some shit? lol who knows well you vapor thrust and get the counter hit and thus air combo them.

------1bc. p, k, d

OK the last part. Basicly after the blocked kick to slash, you start to chain combo backwards sorta with a punch to kick to dust. The kick is cancleable to the dust. You basicly are doing a barrage of attacks to force them to the ground then at the last attack were you are pretty much on the ground you get a very low air dust. From here just freaking block. lol The opponent cant do much about this besides throw(which to tell the truth has never happend) and are forced to block to the dust and you get a pretty much free poke string. I usualy try to keep it fairly simple since im not exactly on top of the opponent and i cant dash in for momentum so something along the lines of a duck kick, stand slash, f+kick, duck dust, to qcf+s should do just fine. Now if the opponent does decide to attack well you get the counter hit so stand slash to air combo them.

If the kick wiffs…

Go to the very first part i talked about. If it wiffs dash back then jump back in kick then dash back. No need to put your self in harms way really if it misses. Say the opponents jumping on you jump kick to beat there attack there ahead of you on this and dash back them selves so dash back doesnt matter really. No need to be risky here and just land or some shit. Dash back and dust to create some space think of your next move for that split second whatever.

AIR DUST
Usualy when i use the air dust in air to air stuff its serves more turtleing type purposes. When using the air dust i also usualy dash out of it. Example jump air dust, air dash back then say another air dust. You should mix up your jump kicks with air dusts alota to keep the opponent on there toes and keep them from trying to get to close to you. Trying to space them in the air to get them to try and attack a bit farther away were you can get in jump kick ranges. Also the added benfit of the counter hit air dust you a free air combo.

JUMP HS
OK now this attack though it wont be used as much as the jump kick or air dust its just as important. This is gonna be used for opponents more below you. I also use this as a sorta anti air of sorts. Or more or less to keep the opponent pined to the ground to try and stop there jumping. Or at least stop them from jumping were they are. So say you have the opponent in the corner you are pressureing them you have the obivous hole in your attack string were the opponent could jump so now you jump up hs and qcf+s or hs to push them to the ground and then force them to block the fireball(it doesnt combo and there is a risk against fast characters but its a chance you have to take sometimes). Also if you are being forced into the corner with air to air attacks from characters this is also a way i try and slowly get myself out sometimes. Sorta like turtleing jumping straight up and down a few times mashing on hs and then fireball try to get them to get hit by the hs to fireball then dash the fuck out of there.

Also remember do not do this attack from close up in the air. The opponent can air throw you between the hs and the fireball. Example we are both in the air i hs then fireball, after the hs they can press foward+hs and you will get thrown. So try to do this at a decent sized range.

AIR THROW
Read more about this in the anti air section. Though remember the range is that of his jump p. So try to get that distance in your head when you are air throwing people out of attacks. Also of course if you think the opponent is dashing in while blocking maybe they are fearing the air dust, vapor thrust or any attack for that matter. Maybe both of you are blocking who knows.

BASIC MOVE LIST…
shrug i suppose i will post this here. =/

PUNCH

standing
ky punchs… whoa cool… Not much use besides using it in greed saber combos were you need a fast attack to make sure they cant attack. Example, qcb+k, STAND P, s, jump air combo.

ducking
ky ducks and punchs more used then the standing for the fact that you can dash in easier to start combos with this. Weather it be from something like a combo to qcf+k, RC, dash in DUCK P, stand s, qcb+k or whatever. Usefull for running in to keep air juggles going ect.

jumping
I dont use this as a stand alone move. Only places i use it is in combos in the air like jump s, P, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs. Or when i am like briging the opponent down in a block string from the air like jump k,s, P, k, dust. One use is visualize the range of this move to help your air throw game out.

KICK

standing
A kick to the shins. Hits low, good amount of priorty though i cant say i use it much. Use to poke and hit lower attacks like another characters sweep attack or something to that exstent. Also can be used in some combos. Though in most cases you could just use one of the punchs. Usefull in some otg situtions.

ducking
I use this more then the standing. It does more damage to IIRC. shrug cant remember for sure. Usefull in combos all that kinda stuff. Weather it be a run in duck kick who knows.

jumping
great priorty very usefull. As a stand alone move or combos this is a good move.

SLASH

standing close
larger stun then the far or duck slash this is a pretty important move. Important in combos, beacuse of the stun. Also kys more important jump cancle move.

standing far
a pokeing attack. I dont use it to much outside of combos. But it defintly has range. Less stun the close s. When use as max distance its a good poke but any closer probably isnt worth it imo.

ducking
a low attack. One of kys best pokes. Beats a good amount of other attacks. Usefull in combos as well. It becomes important if matchs turn into sweep fests as well duck s beats every sweep in the game(at least to my knowledge). This is important since all sweeps are hella good. So yea this is a important attack.

jumping
good in combos. Decent priorty as well. But who needs decent when you have good priorty in jump k eh? Fast as well. Probably the most important part to air combos.

HARD SLASH

standing
Deceptive range… in that it misses!!! It doesnt really hit as far as it should. =/ A fairly decent pokeing attack with a fair amount of priorty. Pretty important in combos and the occasional pokeing. On counter hit causes stagger which is never a bad thing.

ducking
a uppercut of sorts. Sorta anti air. I dont really use it ever to BEAT attacks. I use it to force the opponent to FD when they jump in if that makes any sence. It can be used in combos. Its a pretty damageing normal. However the fact that you have to stop your strings short for it to get both hits, messes with the effectiveness. Also not as much stun on the move as it seems it should have. Maybe its just me. Also you cant cancle it with the F+p/k moves which kinda sucks.

Jumping
usefull in air combos. Air to air games as well. If your going to cancle a jump attack this is probably gonna be the move you cancle.

DUST

standing
his air launcher duh. A really good one for him as well. The range is pretty decent not as much as you would think though.(looks sorta weird when chipps dust is longer for some reason. =/) Still it fits his game perfectly and is the most usefull dust i would say. At least to hit with, the fact that he doesnt really have huge damage dusts kinda suck.

ducking
all sweeps are good. PERIOD. Kys head is also a tad invunarable so you may go under moves everynow and then. Important in combos, knock downs you name it. One of kys best moves or at least should be one of his most used hopefully.

jumping
im sure ive talked about this enough already.

F+P
upperbody invicability. A good amount as well.

F+k
a important move weather it be for combos or pressureing. Combos from stand s, and hs. You have the advantage after it so dun forget to abuse that fact. Though its not F+hs advantage its enough that you can try and get away with makeing your string a bit longer say you did a stand s to f+k dash in just slightly to cheat just a tineing bit then contiune. Even if it only added a hit to your string its a hit there gaurd meter so thats good.

F+hs
Heavy advantage after it good in combos, building gaurd meter. Good meaty attacks.

Great job on posting all those strats!. Here I am getting into GGXX and starting to pick up Ky and your strats will help me out a lot. Thanks for your input on Ky.

Wow, good job. Oh, and thanks for not using the 251251+HP notation.

Thanks…

COMBOS!!!(again)

OK im bored so im just gonna post some combos. most likely these inculding wasteing needed super and probably you have better options but im bored so i guess here goes. Note that some are probably similar and some are character specific. The duck dust to air combo is only against faust ect.(the abusrdly long ones are probably against potemkin) Some need bigger characters. anyway blah blah here are some just to fool around with i guess…

f+hs, run in duck k, s, stand hs, f+k, duck k, s, stand hs, qcfX2+p FRC, air dash foward, k, s, stand s, f+k, stand s, duck hs, qcfX2+p(qaurter bar charged) run in duck s, stand hs, qcf+k, run foward OTG duck k, stand s

qcf+hs FRC, qcf+hs run in f+hs, run in duck k, s, stand hs, f+k, duck k, s, stand hs, qcfX2+p, run in duck s, qcfX2+p(qaurter bar charged) run in duck s, stand hs, qcf+k, run in OTG duck k, stand s

qcf+hs FRC(jump cancle) air dust, air qcf+hs, stand s, duck s, qcfX2+p FRC, run in duck k, stand s, f+p, stand hs, qcf+s

air dust, dash s,p,s land stand s, duck s, stand hs qcfX2+p FRC, air dash , s, hs, stand s, f+k, duck dust, qcfX2+p (qaurter super charged) run in duck p, stand s, hs, dp+hs, instant kill

qcf+hs FRC(jump cancle)air dust, dash s, p, s, stand s, qcfX2+p FRC, dust, hs, s, dust, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs

duck k, stand s, hs, f+k, duck k, dust, jump s, hs, hcb f+hs, hcb f+hs (faust specific)

f+hs, run in s, f+k X4, duck k, s, qcf+k, run in OTG duck k, stand s, jump air throw, hcb f+hs (ok they have to tech the otg and everything but i thought the combo might seem kinda boring if i didnt put anything else. Its 21 hits and all iirc all ride the lighting should hit)

air dust, qcf+hs FRC, stand s, f+hs, run in duck k, stand s, f+k, duck k, qcfX2+p FRC, dust, s, hs, s, p, s, p, s, p, s, jump s, hs, dp+hs (dp will probably miss but its possible.)

qcb+k, stand s, qcb+k, stand p, s, qcb+k, stand p, s, qcb+k, stand p, stand s, jump s, hs, dp+hs (now you can only get 4 greed sabers if they very first hit of the combo is well a greed saber also i stopped the air combo early cuz the game wont allow you jump again or the person automaticly techs… or i should say tech faster. Though most likely you wont even be able to get the first part of the air combo as the opponent is very low to the ground for the air slash to hit. I dunno basicly what im saying is the opponent can tech faster after so many hits)

air dust, dash, s, p, s, stand s, f+k, stand s, qcb+k, stand p,k,s qcb+k, stand p,k, s , jump air combo.

I dunno theres more i have but i was kinda thinking of makeing a combo video of just ky combos i dunno though…

I think i wrote those right… i may have to double check but those are the basic ideas…

MEATY ATTACKS

OK i may have talked about this in like the knock down section some or gone it to it a bit. But i suppose all give it its only little section.

F+HS
OK easy one. Problably the one i use the most and i think its the most usefull. Of course this is probably the most dangerous one to do beacuse you have to commit your self more then other things that could be done. But theres no real timeing involved and its just easy. The amount of time that it hits is just great. Also the advantage after it is something that you should risk going for. The only problem you can run into besides a obvious reversal is that if you only do this(which hopefully isnt the case) the opponent can get used to the timing and just defend the hits makeing it possible for them to break free of the coming string(say if you were to f+hs then run in, you would have to time it exact and if you didnt the opponent could most likely back dash out or reversal whatever.) Anyway with that said this is stil the most usefull i think.

QCF+HS
OK another easy one. You make them stand up into the fireball allowing you to run in and combo. Of course this is for the most part completely safe so thats definite plus. Hmm not much else to say easily set up from a sweep or some type of knockdown. Probably with the f+hs these are the 2 best ones.

OK lets going into a couple lesser used ones but still usefull here and there.

QCB+K
Beacuse the greed saber has that invisable hit when you hit the ground as well not to mention a long hit duration this is also good for meaty attacks. Is harder to set up. At least to properly set up. You can pretty easily get the opponent to stand up into it, forceing them to reversal, however even if you do it early to make sure of this you leave yourself at no advantage and in most cases a slight disadvantage. So what you want to do is time the greed saber really really early, so it hits right when you land. A commen place i use this is when i end a combo with a qcf+k. OK so now the opponent is knocked down but lets say you are way to far away to run in and score a OTG duck k, stand s, to some mix up. Well if i see this i will run foward really fast but just a tad, then qcb+k. The momentum of the run should make you go just far enough(depending on were you are) to hit with while this is the only way i can think of to discribe the timing were you want to hit with it. You should just be landing on the ground and the opponent be forced to block, while you are safe. Usualy if i time this right i will just do something simple like a duck k, dust, qcf+s. You arent at any kinda advantage were you can get off runing in and starting some huge string but you can get a few hits off to make this pretty usefull. Not only that but remember the greed saber is top down attack so, unlike any other meaty attack you are going to be doing this forces them to stand up, as in almost all cases if the opponent isnt gonna reversal they are most likely gonna try and block low. Not only that in rare cases you might be able to catch the opponent off gaurd beacuse of the invisable hit. So maybe they wont be blocking at all.

Anyway so basicly to sum this up, this is more of a meaty attack i use when im not in range to do something that i want. Yet ky still has effective stuff even for fuck ups. =p

QCF+S
OK i dont really ever use this. But if i dont feel like running in and risking me getting reversaled or something and i dont have time to do a big fireball. I miiiiiiiiiiiiiight throw just a normal fireball. I would think of this something like old street fighter just meaty fireball, sweep fireball. Just a little poke string. Nothing fancy really…

AIR DUST
You can do some tricky stuff if you randomly through in some air dusts as meaty attacks. One important thing to remember is that in all these mix ups if you get hit the dust goes away automaticly. So at worse you want to both get hit at the same time. Cuz if you get hit before they hit the dust then your just screwed. A easy example of something to do would to be knock the opponent down jump dust, the FD really quickly right when they get up, so if the tried to reversal you blocked the shoryuken type or super manuver. They hit the dust, you score the counter hit then go into a simple air combo or whatever. If you dont feel like FD(though this will most likely not allow you to hit a air combo) you can jump air dust then air dash back then say fireball. This can be used to pressure the opponent while maybe trying to frustrate them at the same time as you run away like a bitch. Also if they attack and get hit by the air dust the air fireball is gaurented to hit unless for some reason you just timed the air fireball werid like. OK so now they dont want to attack, now you can air dust then land and start a poke string, or maybe air dash foward start a quick string. OK so now the opponent may be getting use to this stupid shit, so they will start blocking low so they miss the air dust(at least most likely completely) land then throw. Pretty simple. You can also try some stuff like air dust then air fireball with s then land duck s, stand hs, fireball or whatever. Im sure you get the idea.

OK so thats that. Basicly Ky has alot of meaty attack options rangeing from risky to sorta safe to completely safe. Just gotta mix it up.

STOPPING PRESSURE…
Hmm not really sure what to call this section. And ive gone over it before but i guess all put it in its own section. Basicly there will come a time when well your probably gonna be on the defensive. So lets talk about some ways to get out of it. First and foremost the easiest one would probably to be to just defend.

JUST DEFENDING
This probably wont let you get out of strings(like say to the point were you could jump out of certain attack strings) but it should help you make it easier on your self when you reversal out of them with attacks. This should always be used if you have a good idea of whats coming. Besides that just defending is well pretty safe since you can start when already blocking. Just defending helps when you are trying to use back dashs to get out of strings more then anything other imo. Since you cant really reversal with a back dash JD will usualy become nessacary when trying these type evasion tactics. Anyway this should be used frequently to make things easier on your self.

BACK DASHING
OK as you probably know back dash has a bit of invincablity on it. This will benifit the most if you JD probably. Most the time i back dash out of strings when im in the corner being pressured. And i usualy will throw after words, to put the opponent in the corner. Usefull for jump in type attacks. Or when the opponent lands from jump in attack JD, then back dash through the landing mix up, attack or whatever the opponent has in mind.

ALPHA COUNTER
I dunno wtf they call it in XX. Dead angle maybe? Well whatever the case then is usefull when you become unsure of yourself in a match. Example the opponent is fucking you up hard core and you just are hesitateing in moments you coulda attacked, or you are at a mind blank. These can also be fairly usefull in corners. Say you just had the opponent in a long series of attack well a break comes in the pattern they see a chance to attack then you Alpha counter immedititly, bouncing them off the wall and allowing you to air combo them. Usualy in a sititution like this i do something like run in duck p, stand s, jump air combo or whatever. You get very very little damage from this but a little damage is better then just getting the like no damage from the counter by it self. Also remember that you want to hit the opponent on a counter hit, if you just hit them with it they can tech.

VAPOR THRUST
This should be pretty easy to guess. You reversal strings with this. Remember kys doesnt hit very low to the ground attacks so if you anticapate sweeps ect, your pretty much out of luck and will have to block. Used for higher attacks, and say the opponent did a attack that was jump canclable then instant air dash foward this would be a good time to vapor thrust. Remember this is also your most invincable counter so against traps ect you will need this to get out. Examples could be anji set ups with unblockable(though i suppose that goes for reversal while riseing more then anything) or eddie type traps/unblockable(again this goes more for reversals when wakeing up.) Specificly against eddie or dizzy type traps remember your shoryuken will hit there little minion and not them so its good to have a RC handy so once you reversal out of the trap you can RC then work from there and try to pressure the opponent with a air fireball from that or a hs or what have you.

GREED SABER
A more unsual way to break pressure but none the less usefull. The best example i can give(and really were i use this) is against sol. When sol is pressureing you and if he ever ends his string with a fireball, with out FRC this is a free combo basicly for ky. Qcb+k should easily go over the fireball hitting sol allowing you to combo. The timeing is pretty forgiving so its not to hard. This is quite usefull against sol if hes doing strings with fireballs non stop and not FRCing them.

STUN EDGE
Kys fireball can acctualy be a way to break pressure of sorts. Its more of use for mid type range. You may use it to take out say one of dizzys or eddies little minons. The relase of the fireball is pretty fast to, so you can acctualy use it in against strings were the opponent ended with a fireball you can trade with there fireball. Its also a safer sorta way to try and hit the enemy then the vapor thrust might be. Sorta like were you might psyhic dp(from a good range out that is) you might also everyone now and then throw a stun edge to see if you can hit the opponent.

STUN DIPPER
This is also usefull. Stun dipper comes out pretty quickly, and can be used as a suprise attack of sorts. Examples of some places to use this could be against fishys from dizzy, a string were ky ends with a fireball, or johnny coins. Just remember it starts up really fast and can almost be used as a reversal so its pretty good.

THROW
Throws are like 1frame start up or something i thiiiiiiiiiiink. Whatever the case throws are fast and a easy way to stop pressure. A commen example could be a opponent doing a jump in attack a tad early to force you to block when you wanted to shoryuken or whatever. No matter you can basicly throw the opponent when they land for “free” giving the right timing. Also throwing can be very important when trying to break traps with out being to risky. Say the opponent is eddie and they are attack on and off, this could be a point were its in your best intrest to try and find a point were to throw the opponent. Remember you only need a split sec to throw. Its very fast so if the oppertunity presents it self you should take it.

FAULTLESS DEFENSE
Im sorty iffy on useing this myself. Its not a bad idea, but alot of times i just take the gaurd beating as in many cases opponents will attack with strings that move them foward in some cases so it ends up being useless sorta. If you use this i suggest tapping it instead of holding it. No need in wasteing super(even if it is a little less, a little less could still be what you need). By tapping it you should hopefully, or well i suppose i should say try to time it so you FD when they attack so you are only useing super were you need be. This isnt a horrible idea but in many cases i think useing this acctualy makes you have a longer block stun so even if you push them out you may be stuck for a slight amount of time allowing the opponent to regroup and start pressureing again. Anyway not horribley usefull but not bad by any means.

Hmm thats basicly that. Remember block stun is shorter then hit stun also so combos that may combo while hitting dont always combo on block. Let alone if you are JD. So with all this knowledge and the right anticapation you should be able to get out of traps. Or at least feel comfertable even in a defenseive postion, waiting for your opponent to make a mistake.

FUCK UPS…

OK ive talked about this a little also before, but all talk some more i suppose. Unfortantly you cant always be perfect. And there may come times were you mess up your combos and what not. However hopefully if you realize you messed up or realize you have distanced yourself or just judged your sititution wrong all toghter you can still turn shit into… umm less shit. =/ Or something.

STUN DIPPER…
OK after ending with a stun dipper a commen thing to do would be to OTG, however lets say you start to run but realize you are way outta range. I think the 2 best things to do here is ethier run in and just do a meaty f+hs for wake up, or you can try a running qcb+k. You want to time it so the opponent has to block the hit while you land so you are sorta safe.

COMBOS…
OK(hmmm im already getting bored of this section.) in alot of combos ky will do, be it greed sabers, or sweep to super fireball, stun dipper RC to run in couple hits them combo yadda yadda. Basicly you are juggleing the other dude, ok well lets say you time your attacks to slow and you realize this(its not to hard really) so you do your duck dust, to qcfX2+p and run in duck p, stand s. But shit you timed this wrong, way wrong as a matter of fact you are OTG them. This isnt good, anyway no need to fret. In sitituions like these i usualy will(were the stand s comes in) instant air dash and cross up the enemy the fireball, or HS, to fireball, or even dash and shoryuken(assume the opponent is sorta liek a “wtf” state of mind and just trys to attack, or even if they shoryuken of there own hopefully yours beats theres.). Hell you can dust if you want. Doesnt really matter. Basicly you just want to keep the opponent pressured even if you miss. Other things that may come up is if you see you are out of range alot of times i may opt for a reset(commenly with greed sabers) and after the greed saber were i would miss the stand p, i wil just jump and hopefully air throw them.

Hmm um yea this got boring quick. So im not gonna finish.