GGXX Potemkin

He’s similar to GGX except he seems a bit better; his 2 new moves are pretty useful. The hammerfall break is perfect for setting up the command grab; I used to have to do :

->p, command grab

but now I can do

SXXhammerfall, SXXhammerfall, hammerfall break, command grab, etc.

Anyway, I’m still learning and so far the b&b combo (I’m not sure if it’s really a b&b, but I use it most often) I’ve been using is

[optional jumping H] K, S, S

Are there any more useful combos than this?

I don’t know if my strategy is weak or not, but I usually try to lock down with a mix of SXXhammerfall, command grab every once in a while after a hammerfall break, and psychic dp when I expect a jump(I know I shouldn’t do this too much, but for some reason everyone I play against falls for it:sweat: ) and sometimes try to cross up with H. Am I using Potemkin incorrectly?

As well, I can’t seem to consistently connect the whole reflector super (the second part where he smashes the opponent into the wall); is there a certain timing that has to be learned?..

Whelp, hopefully I’m not the only Potemkin player out there and someone can help me out. Thanks:D

I just bought this game when it came out, and I don’t know much about this game yet, but I was actually messing around with Potemkin in training mode, and this is some stuff I thought were great:

Crouching HS, Heavenly Potemkin Buster (qcf, qcf+S)

Hammer Fall(, f+H), Roman Cancel or FRC when it hits(I didn’t notice a difference although there maybe one), Standing S, Standing HS, Hammer Fall(, f+H)

Hammer Fall(**, f+H), Roman Cancel or FRC when it hits(I didn’t notice a difference although there maybe one), Crouching HS, Heavenly Potemkin Buster (qcf, qcf+S)

Hammer Fall(**, f+H), Roman Cancel or FRC when it hits(I didn’t notice a difference although there maybe one), Crouching HS, Heat Knuckle(dp+H) , Roman Cancel after a couple of hits, Heat Knuckle(dp+H)

Crouching HS, Heat Knuckle(dp+H) , Roman Cancel after a couple of hits, Heavenly Potemkin Buster (qcf, qcf+S)

Hope that helped.

Does anyone know any strats for him though? I can do all his combos, but it’d be useful to learn a few tricks to throw in her an there; for example, what are the best ways to set up the command grab? I have 3 main things I use:

-Hammerfall break, command grab
-Tick with s.p, command grab (you can tick twice if you’re close)
-Whiff the headbutt, command grab.

Potemkin ins my main character, I’ve used him for moe than 6 months.

I find that using a rush down is the most effective way to win.

this is something i made up for potemkin it works beautifully, knock the other guy down, when their getting up do >+k then the dust, do what ever dust combo u wish becase u fall to the ground before them and usually it takes u to a corrner if the guy doesn’t dash away jus do down HS, to catch them when they r falling then heat knuckle and charge, if u have a power bar Roman cancle right after the last bullet of the charge and walk forward a little and s.HS then heat knuckle and charge, however if the person dashes away after u do the air combo u can['t do shit but its annoying to the person to keep catching them with the dust, BUT if they dash away and u got a super jus do the Heavinly Potemkin Buster, and MASSIVE damage if that goes to plan,

but basic cancle combos r       falling hammer   FRC    s.HS    heat knuckle charge.       

but in the corrner do the comand grab, K, S, heat knuckle, charge, and if u got a power bar RC into s. HS and heat knuckle and charge.

basic stratige is knock them down with fire ball and S and falling hammer to them with a break at the end and jus get near them and do the fire ball & P and comand grab after,

with the special the sheald and fire hand thing, with 2 half circles forward right after the first part, and it will hit if the sheld does and when they bounce back do s.K then s.HS then heat knuckle and charge

You can combo into a dust? I’ll have to try that out…

I found a new setup for the Potemkin buster; you get within range when they’re down and then you taunt… as they get up you grab them:lol: This obviously isn’t a strat for high level play, but it’s pretty funny when you get it off; I actually got it off twice today at the arcade and everyone got a good laugh from it:evil:

this is DOC. FAUST, i changed my screen name for aol so i changed this one. and i jus created, well im not sure if im the first to do this but i am the ol one to ever se do it, do f+k. that one has some invinsiblilty fames and it staggers the person so u can do dust grab over drive, what ever the hell u want almost, and ITS AN OVER HEAD, omg its soo perfect and if u read my little dust combo its soo much easier to do now, and instead of ss ppppppppp do ss p s p s p s untill their out of ur reach then do the overdrive when they dash.