GMMA Presents: Mashfest 2 (SSF4, T6, TvC, Brawl) August 14th, 2010

It’s that time again. From many of the same people that brought you Revolucion, comes Mashfest 2.

We are teaming up with GMMA to make this event even better. Click here to read about GMMA. They are helping us with sponsorship and I’m working on making this one of the most memorable tournaments of the year.

Myself, Darksyde and Nori are working around the clock to make sure this will be one of the most hype events since Revolucion. If you thought Revolucion was tight, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

When:

August 14th, 2010
Doors open at 11 am
Registration will be open from 11 am until 15 minutes before the respective game is scheduled to begin.

Where:

San Pedro Event Center
9926 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio TX 78216
(Behind the Jim’s, next door to Casa Sol)

10,000 sq ft
3 rooms. 1 main with a stage, 2 subrooms, all together.

Tour of the venue:
[media=youtube]4D8gu0e2ZLc[/media]

Schedule of Events:

Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) at 2 pm
Brawl singles (Wii) at 2:30 pm
Brawl Doubles after Brawl Singles concludes
Tekken 6 (PS3) at 3 pm
Blazeblue: Continum Shift (PS3) at 4:30 pm
Soul Calibur IV (PS3) at 5 pm

Side Events:

All games will be 5 dollars to enter, times to be decided by the TO running each game)

3rd Strike
CvS 2
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Entry Fees:

Venue fee:
Pre registration: $10
On site: $15

Prereg link coming soon

Please bring consoles and TVs! The more equipment we have the faster and smoother we can run the tournament. And you’ll have more time to play friendlies. Please support the scene!

Main events:

Super Street Fighter IV ? $15
Tekken 6 BR - $15
Brawl singles - $10
Brawl teams - $20 per team
Blazblue: Continuum Shift -$10
Soul Calibur IV - $10

Payouts/Prizes:

Pot bonuses TBA

<64 entrants:

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

>64 entrants:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

All side events may decide on their own payouts.

Rules:

-All games will be Double Elimination
-Winner stays with same character, loser may change character and sides if so pleased*****
-All matches 2 of 3 games, Winner/Loser/Grand finals are all 3 of 5
-If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Specific game rules:

Super Street Fighter 4 (ps3)

• Default game settings
  • 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
    -Winner stays same character/ultra, loser may change character/ultra

Tekken 6 (ps3) [$10]

• Default game settings
  • 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners finals will be 3/5 games, Grand finals will be 4/7 games.
  • Stage is chosen randomly, Loser does not get a stage counterpick. If both players can agree on a certain stage, they may choose it.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (wii) [$10]

• Default game settings
  • 1 round, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
  • Any glitch that freezes the game or stops it from being played is banned from tournament play. If you trigger on purposely, you will take a loss for your match.
  • Both players must agree to play on the Burning Ruins stage. If either player wishes, a new random stage must be selected. You must make this call before the game begins.

Soul Calibur 4
-Darth Vader, Yoda, Algol, and Hilde are banned
-CaS Characters are banned
-Alternate Costumes are allowed
-60 sec time
-SG - 100%
-Life - 100%

Super Smash Bros Brawl:

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens

Everything else is banned.

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to “off” and “none”
  • Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner’s/loser’s finals and grand finals.
  • In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs

• Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape.

• DeDeDe’s Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.

• Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.

• Stalling, including planking and scrooging, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it.

• Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.

• Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

• Chibo’s Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Last time I went to this place my car got scratch up cause some bitch wouldnt give way over the bridge.

EDIT: wtf January 10th?

Looks like someone got caught with a copy paste, haha.

As for side events of course I’ll mention CvS2. Last time we had a great turn out (anything higher than 4 is amazing). Having one console really prolonged things. I think if we would have set up 3S and CvS2 to go seperately to ensure 2 stations things would’ve gone a lot quicker. Looking at the schedule, having these start shortly after Tatsunoko would probably be best.

copy paste fail lol

Fixed the date >_<

everything else should be in order for now. More updates after next week.

I’ll be there trying to defend my 4th place in SF4 from last tourney. I could run 3s again if there is interest for such an event…and this time, I’ll practice for it. :brin:

Make sure those f*ckers serve alcohol from the get go this time. I did NOT appreciate having to wait until 2:30 to start drinking…:lol:

ummm i think most will agree the top 3 should only get paid… top 5 is fine that two top 5 with 2.5% winnings is dishonorable. any fee waived if bringing complete set up… i must do better than 3rd place. losing to a real life fat sumo is suicidal

I disagree with you Brandon, I think payouts based on turnout is the way to go. I do find the percentages a little off though…seems weird that 2nd gets a big pay bump and 1st gets such a big decrease. May I suggest 60/20/10/5/2.5/2.5?

I may consider adjusting it. But if I get more sponsors to throw more money into the pot, then I’ll probably start to consider maybe even top 8. We shall see.

Also discounts for consoles? I’m going wait to announce that after we start getting our sponsorship signed. Right now we have GMMA and Clear very interested.

I’ll make sure to tell the owner to have the bar set up by noon this time around then :slight_smile:

If you and Nem can guarantee two setups for 3S and CvS 2, I’ll add it for sure, just as long as each of you run it.

Clear was a good sponsorship. got them cause of that tourney. try getting gamepro to donate some stuff or sponsor it. i am pretty sure with your last result they will agree.

Speaking of the bar, anyway they can get some more variety. Blue moon or XX would be great.

You mean GAME ON? I will see if they can return, or possibly get a bigger magazine or website to cover us. Either way, free photography, video, and a sound system are big bonuses for us.

Dos XX can be served on tap :slight_smile: I can make sure it happens.

YEEEEESSSS!!! :bgrin:

u know corpus is coming to this shit

Damn, still got some time till this happens.

Any chance BlazBlue CS will happen?
I’ll enter Super SF4, I’d like to see CS in.

Does anyone know when BB CS is coming to US consoles? I’ll add it for sure if CS is out, but CT is very very dead right now.

July 20th is what I heard somewhere.

From what I hear on TZ, Nin and Knee are “confirmed” by Nori. Is this true?

For Tekken, Knee and Holeman are confirmed 100%. Nin cannot make it to due to work.

Just have some Questions

Will there be Fightsticks available for use for the Street Fighter tournament. I only have an Xbox360 fightstick. This will be my first tournament, and I just wanted to know what my options are as far as controllers. Thanks.