Good books about self discipline?

Topic says it all. I have really bad discipline and i want stop procrastinating everything i do. Have any of you guys read a book that really helped you out or should i just shut the fuck up and do what i have to get done?

think and grow rich is a classic, chicken soup for the soul, get off your fat ass is another

Just watch “Rudy”

Whats that, a movie or something?

quit being a weak minded little shit and realize that every single passing day you grow closer to your death which will end everything you know. man up.

come on bra that ain’t right

what i like to do when i start procrastinating is take small steps so it will put you into that mind set of well i already started might as well do the other part and before you know it you are finished and you realize it wasn’t that hard.

Don’t think about the whole thing so it doesn’t overwhelm you.

think small steps >.<"

You lack discipline!!!

Having Ahhhnuld not yell at you in his Austrian accent is pretty good motivation. Or not…

“You are a choir boy compared to me, A CHOIR BOY!”
“YOU BELONG TO ME NAOW!”
“I hope you left enough room for my fist, because I’m going to ram it into your goddamn stomach and break your GOD DAMN SPINE!!”

this could work :rofl:

one of my professors wrote a book, its called, "The Formula: Turn your dreams into reality"
professor’s name is Marjorie Barcomb, i recommend it

Reading a book is likely not going to help.

Doing what needs to be done without hesitation is how it’s done. Once you realize taking care of something as soon as possible makes life easier in the long run. And then in time you can use wisdom to decide what’s important and what’s not important.

Finally, when shit really gets bad some day, you aren’t weighed down by a hundred different problems in the back of your mind because you’re a man who gets things done now.

Amazon.com: Mastering Your Hidden Self: A Guide to the Huna Way (A Quest Book) (9780835605915): Serge Kahili King: Books

you need to learn how to crawl before you can run, most things you need to learn about life can be found in a book. You can spend your whole life time trying to discover things for yourself.

Amazon.com: self-discipline: Books

Remember to look at both the good reviews and the bad reviews.

The best self-help books do more than just inspire you–they give you concrete things you can do. As long as you keep that in mind, even a bad self-help book can be useful.

I think what’s more important is to read books that just inspire you in general. It doesn’t have to be a self discipline book, it has to be a book that takes you, shakes you and you want to do something with your life. Kitchen Confidential did that for me in regards being a cook because like they said, there could be worst things to do in a kitchen that just getting your ass beat cooking. Like being skinny enough to crawl into the grease trap and unclog it.

Still, get those books about self discipline, but what I think is most important is to develop progressive and worthwhile habits that eventually become as natural as your procrastination and laziness. If worst comes to worst, find a friend who is self motivated and willing to motivate you and hopefully that sticks. Otherwise it’ll just be co-dependence.

OC

I like that.

What I’ve been doing is establishing intents for the day, week or sometimes month (“I will ___” or “I will not ___”) and keeping a detailed journal of whether or not I was able to do or not do it and why. Arbitrary, insignificant intents at first that are easy to accomplish, so I can develop the habit of doing or not doing what I say I will. Great way to acquire data about your personal psychological makeup. As I progress and the intents become easier I create more difficult intents based on the data I acquire. I can tell that even with more difficult intents the habit I have makes a huge difference. The ability to remember my intent, avoid distractions/seductions, and apply the force needed to overcome internal/external hindrances and accomplish my intent are the things I’ve gotten out of this so far.

Anyway, to stay on topic, my favorite book for discipline is this type of journal. For books that I don’t write, my favorite is Liber AL. Right next to that would be Teachings of a Toltec Survivor, which in my opinion touches on the same knowledge as Liber AL but far more practically

Been working with those books for about 3 years now. Definitely recommended.

watch the pursuit of happiness. that movie is so deep man. i mean when will smith and his kid were sleeping in the bathroom and he had to hold the door closed so nobody could get in… that just like brought a tear to my eye.

I was reminded of this book:

Amazon.com: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles (9780446691437): Steven Pressfield: Books

Self-discipline book for writers. I’m not a writer, but I liked the author’s other stuff, so I shelled out ten dollars for it.

There were some cute little tricks in it, but I don’t use any of them. Definitely inspirational though.

The Art of Farting
-by Benjamin Franklin

Amazon.com: Do You!: 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success (9781592402939): Russell Simmons, Chris Morrow: Books

Incredible book (I’m reading it now). Don’t hesitate. Buy it, read it.

You didn’t go off topic at all :slight_smile: This wasn’t so much about books as it was just about general tips to get good self discipline, and i think your tips are pretty good. Im gonna try to start using them.