Good games to get into the fighting genre? (PS3)

So i recently got into the fighting game genre. I used to play them here and their only with my friend cause he was addicted to them but i personally hated them (probably cause i couldn’t even pull of a hadouken). Only fighting game i had was the original Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (downloaded on my ps3). My friend got me Street Fighter X Tekken as a gift about 2 weeks ago and i am totally addicted now. That also made me start playing my sf4 and mvc2 games i had too. After joining the fighting game community and browsing for a bit, i found so much hate on sfxt and i don’t know why. Since no one really plays sfxt, i want to know what fighting games you guys play? I just ordered a Madcatz Tournament Edition SF4 fight stick off ebay (coming in the mail) and only have $30 left right now (high school budget). So what game do you guys think i should buy? One that has an active community and fun to play with on an arcade stick? Right now I’m considering Either Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, or Skullgirls. Any others worth checking out? Thanks!

I think this may be better off in the Fighting Game Discussion forums.

P.S. I dont play fighting games…

Thanks, I’ll post it their.