Good PSX fighters

Who loved the PSX? Everybody. Who loves fighters? All of us! So what were you favorite fighters on the PSX? The very first game I ever got on the PSX was Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I think I was 8 or 9 when we got our system and I was so excited I got up early every morning and read the instruction manual before we got the system. We had it on layaway or something like that and got the games first.

I remember playing Bio FREAKS and having a blast with it, I don’t know how good the game is now. I was too young to know what made fighters good or bad. It had blood and you could chop arms off, so it was fuckin’ awesome.

What are your top PSX fighters?

Now, I’m not a huge Tekken fan, but I like Tekken 3, especially since I don’t take it all that seriously. I like how the game didn’t seem to want to be “Serious Business” either, it knew it was somewhat shallow and set to appeal to the masses. I loved the unlockable characters, the music, the FMVs and the Tekken Beach Ball (if you play with anything less than Iron Ball you’re a scrub. Seriously).

A friend and mine sat down to have a [media=youtube]WX3PnnsQsz0"[/media] awhile ago; it still holds up well after all this time despite TTT trumping it in many ways.

Bushido Blade is another one of my favorites.

And of course the PSX has ports of a lot of good 2D fighters, but since it can’t handle them, You’re much better off just playing on Sega Saturn.

Soul Blade was great. Fantastic music too.

Oh man I forgot about Bushido Blade! I wish they would make a true sequel to that. I don’t mean that Kengo shit, I want some “You get hit you die” Bushido Blade 3 on my 360.

beast wars transmetals
criticom
destrega
evil zone
psychic force

Evil Zone. That rings so many bells… what can you tell me to get me to remember?

tobal 2 has got to be one of the best if not THE best fighter on that console. I go back and play this from time to time and its still one of the best fighting games I’ve ever played. 3d can be fun to!

[media=youtube]afM-qTGZKRw[/media]
[media=youtube]3ANqgnL3Xv4[/media]

tobal quest mode was crack

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha

I still play Rival Schools, although I much prefer the Dreamcast version.

I still regularly play the PSX titles, Darkstalkers 3, Rival Schools, and Marvel vs. Capcom 1, on my PS2. These are the must have fighting games for the system imo, since several other major fighting game titles have had arcade perfect ports released on the PS2.

Bloody Roar 1/2 mainly 2 for me cause it was one of my favs for the PSX. Also like already mentioned Tobal was crack.

Iron and Blood
Killing Zone (psx 3d version of Battle Monsters hehe)
War Gods

SFA3, MK4, MvC, Tekken 3. That’s basically my childhood right there.

edit: I definitely spent more time on Tekken than any other games. That game appealed to me a lot more back then. I don’t play Tekken very much at all now. Its still fun, but I take SF way more seriously.

Hell yeah!!! BR1 and 2 were pure crack. You can still catch me playing this now.

Real Bout Dominated Mind was the shit too. Final Impacts in that game set it off.

SFEX2+ was hype as well. Those bonus stages were the bomb. Yeah, I’ll gladly destroy that satellite for you.

Slap Happy Rhythm Busters is a new one to me but I really like the gameplay mechanics.

Tatsunoko Fight was a real good attempt but I wish more was done to make it better.

Gundam Battle Assault 2 was that shit. DOMON KASHUU and the Burning Gundam. Sekiha Tenkyoken meta game all day.

MvC1 for the PSX? eww…

Jurassic Park Warpath, wasn’t particularly into fighters back then but hey, what isn’t there to love about beating up a T-rex with a Raptor?

(It even showed the damage on the dinosaurs bodys as it happened!)

Favorite game ever also loved Battle Toshindan I think it was called got released with the console was great fun.

Yeah. Best of the EX series imo.

Damn, I can’t believe I forgot about that. Shame on me.