Gosu SSF4 Challenge #2 - Fairfax, VA - 7/17 (UPDATE: $300 Pot Bonus!)

Gosu SSF4 Challenge #2

Saturday, July 17th in Fairfax, Virginia, ?Gosu SSF4 Challenge #2? event sponsored by “It’s Gosu” and “Cyber Ground Internet Cafe” will host a Super Street Fighter IV tournament along with other games. There will be two PS3 setups dedicated for Super Street Fighter IV, these setups will also be used for the tournament.

No Venue fee!
Sign-Ups and casual warmups start at Noon
Registration Ends at 2:00PM for all games.
Tournament begins at 3:00PM (1-hour warmups), side tournaments at 4:00PM.

$5 Entry Fee - Goes to Prize Pot
Prize pot includes $300 ($300 pot bonus)
Prize:
1st = 60% of prize pot
2nd = 30% of prize pot
3rd = 10% of prize pot

Evo Rules:

• 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games except for Finals, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
  • Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals and Grand Finals will be 3/5 Games.
  • If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
  • Winners must keep the same character and ultra.

$5 Side Tournaments:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3)
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (X360) - $40 pot bonus!

BBCS Rules:

• 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games except for Finals, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
  • Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals and Grand Finals will be 3/5 Games.
  • If the players do not agree on a stage/music within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage/music select.
  • Unlimited Characters are banned.

SPF2T Rules:
Ask strogg.

Prize:
1st = 60% of prize pot
2nd = 30% of prize pot
3rd = 10% of prize pot

If under 10 entrants, then pot is winner take all.

8630 Lee Hwy*
Ste#G*
Fairfax, VA 22031 *
Tel: 703-560-7115

Notes:
-It is advised to bring your own controller. If you do not have one, we will provide you with a PS3 Dualshock.
-As a courtesy, please turn off your controllers after your match to prevent random pauses.
-If you are using a wireless controller please do not use it to interfere with on-going mathces.
-There are nearby food places (Tippy’s Tacos, Arby’s, Baja Fresh, McDonalds, Glory Days, etc.)
-The Vienna Metro station is only a few minutes away.

About It’s Gosu:
It’s Gosu
An online gaming community that help gamers locate tournaments and events within their local area.

About Cybe Ground Internet Cafe:
Cyber Ground
Has over 1500 Square Feet of Gaming Lounge with a huge parking lot.

• 44 Networked Gaming Computers
  • Fiber Optic T1 Internet Access & High Speed DSL
  • 802.11b Wireless Internet Hotspot
  • Laptop Station

i need to talk to you. call me at 571 480 3089

I’ll be there

Plan to be there…this venue is way too close to pass up and I look to be hitting up that BB:CS as well

you can view the results of the last event on itsgosu.com

I didn’t have any plans to actually go to this, but then I saw puzzle fighter listed. If strogg runs this I will attend.

strogg just confirmed that he will run the puzzle fighter event!!! let’s battle!

Hey everybody, the pot information has been updated as well as the tournament schedule. Instead of $200 bonus for 1st place, it’s going to be a $300 pot bonus. Meaning the pot starts with $300. Tournament schedule is changed, registration ends at 2:00PM, tournament starts at 3:00PM and side tournaments starts at 4:00PM.

where the vids at from the last tournament??

Hieu posted the pictures up, I’m not sure where the vids are. I"ll ask him for them.

I’ll be there, were you planning on moving out some of your CRT setups so there’s a little more table space than last time?

what CRT setups?

There were a lot of crt monitors along the right wall at the last tournament. I assume they had computers connected, but no one used them.

The final match from the last Gosu SSF Challenge between Magman and Ric are up! Watch the exciting comeback from Magman. www.itsgosu.com

anybody else planning to go to this tournament??? we had a good turnout last time. hope to have more this time.

I plan to be there. I really enjoyed the last one and it’s a good venue.

:tup:

I’m new to this forum. Have been playing sfiv for almost a year now. I’m planning to be there as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Update: There’s now a pot bonus ($40) for the puzzle fighter side tournament.

I have some plans on Saturday, but depending on time I may try to swing by to say hello to everyone.

I’am going, after evo gotta practice practice practice to be better, this is the best place right now to do so, for anyone MD or VA you should be here