Gosu SSF4 Challenge - Fairfax, VA - 6/26 ($100 bonus for 1st place!)

(posting this here for a friend who lacks a SRK account)

Saturday, June 26th in Fairfax, Virginia, a joint ?Gosu SSF4 Challenge? event sponsored by “It’s Gosu” and “Cyber Ground Internet Cafe” will host a Super Street Fighter IV tournament. There will be two setups using PS3’s for Super Street Fighter IV, these setups will also be used for the tournament.

No Venue fee!
Sign-Ups and casual warmups start at Noon
Tournament begins at 2:00PM

$5 Entry Fee - Goes to Prize Pot

Prize:
1st = 60% of prize pot + $100
2nd = 30% of prize pot
3rd = 10% of prize pot
We will be raffling two shirts among the tournament entrants as well.

EVO Rules:

Format: 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap

Console: PlayStation 3

Rules: If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

8630 Lee Hwy
Ste#G
Fairfax, VA 22031
Tel: 703-560-7115

Notes:
-It is advised to bring your own controller. If you do not have one, we will provide you with a PS3 Dualshock.
-There are nearby food places (Tippy’s Tacos, Arby’s, Baja Fresh, McDonalds, Glory Days, etc.)

About It’s Gosu:
http://www.itsgosu.com
An online gaming community that help gamers locate tournaments and events within their local area.

About Cybe Ground Internet Cafe:
http://www.cyberground.us
Has over 1500 Square Feet of Gaming Lounge with a huge parking lot.

• 44 Networked Gaming Computers
  • Fiber Optic T1 Internet Access & High Speed DSL
  • 802.11b Wireless Internet Hotspot
  • Laptop Station

Hi everyone! I’m the tournament organizer for this event. I’ve been to several tournaments before and I tend to sign up as Reloy. I’m originally a Guilty Gear and Melty Blood tournament player here in NoVA and I’ve asked VR to post this for me since I usually go on Dustloop. I only entered local tournaments mostly at C3 Cyber Club located in Ashburn, VA. I’m doing this to help promote itsgosu.com (a family friend’s website) as well as cyberground.us (the venue). This will be the very first tournament I’ve organized and I would love if everyone could come and help make this event a success. Depending on the success of this tournament, we are considering making this an even bigger event in the future (more games, etc.).

Yooo cyber ground

can i use a ps3 fight pad?

Yes, you can use any controller you want as long as it works for the PS3.

well, with a $100 pot bonus i wouldn’t mind coming to this whether people show or not

I might come. If I do, this will be the first tournament I will ever got o. Eve though I don’t a PS3 stick, maybe someone will let me borrow one. Well anyways, I look forward to this!

wow. no venue fee. thats pretty sick. ill probably be there.

This is pretty close to me so I’m likely to be there. I’ll need to use someones pstripple stick

Im in for this. I was bummed out i couldnt go to Iconz monthly but this will make up for that.
Good shyt hope people make it out to this. Will there be a stream or recording?
Wat ups to sethp and jag

Looks like we have the necessary tools for streaming and/or recording. Once i get all of the equipment, we should be streaming via ustream.tv and/or recording with an HD camera.

To page 1 with you!

if my stream stuff works out ok saturday I could also bring it to this. Are we playing on all venue’s ps3s?

We will have two PS3’s connected to 32" LCD TV’s for this event. In future events, we’re looking to have more than two setups but everything will be PS3. In addition to the $100 bonus, entrants will also have a chance to win a t-shirt. We will be raffling two t-shirts.

how do i rsvp for this event? i wanna go

sounds good i will try to make it out!

i’ll be there… hopefully i can borrow a stick.

Might make it, we’ll see. If so, I am coming for you Sayco.

Oh hey, one thing I want to point out. You say EVO rules, but what you posted isn’t EVO rules. EVO rules states that the winner can change his ultra, but must pick his ultra before the loser. Not to be a stickler, but we don’t want any controversy when the tourney actually starts, right?

There’s supposed to be a RSVP system being setup at itsgosu.com but I’m not sure when it’ll be coming back up, so just be there when registration starts (12PM) and everything should be fine.

It’s alright, I posted this a while back and they seem to have changed the ruling recently. I simply copy and pasted it from before. Will get my friend to update the rulings later tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

EVO Rules:

Format: 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap

Console: PlayStation 3

Rules: If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.