Got a PC question about excel and spreadsheet

EDIT

Yeah I just realised there is no point starting with spreadsheet as I was going to copy and amend the excel but otherwise I will have to start typing again

Now once I buy full office 2007, do I just install it from scratch and the previous trial office 2007 data will just be transfered.

Or will the new one just wipe over the trial office and all data will be lost ?

I am going to buy this, I am from the U.K

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.aspx

filetypes should be compatible afaik. you can use spreadsheet, save your work and use excel to continue your work. newer versions of m$ office nowadays are flexible like that

It depends whether you are using formulas/macros etc. If the package allows you to save as a csv (comma separated values) file, you should be able to import back into Excel.

Just get openoffice? It has en spreadsheet part, that I think is fully compatible with excel. And it’s free.

Yeah I just realised there is no point starting with spreadsheet as I was going to copy and amend the excel but otherwise I will have to start typing again

Now once I buy full office 2007, do I just install it from scratch and the previous trial office 2007 data will just be transfered.

Or will the new one just wipe over the trial office and all data will be lost ?

I am going to buy this, I am from the U.K

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.aspx

Excel 2007 should be fully compatible with all previous versions, macros and everything. You can even save the spreadsheet in the original format from Excel 2007 to ensure compatibility.

I have but it is now basically a read me only file, I mean I cant edit, copy, paste, type or do anything with it

so once I install a full version of it, will the datat I have now become usebale again ?

As long as you save the excel files previously under the extension .xls, Installing a new office 2007 will not copy nor replace any of the files. It will remain the same. When you purchase the software, it will activate it again and the file can be edited.