Gouken Throws

gouken

Ok, I haven’t seen this posted anywhere on the site so I’d figured I’d ask…

I’ve been getting thrown like crazy… matter of fact… I lost a match to an el fuerte and he did was throw… I figured the wake up throw out… (back dash)

here’s what I’ve encountered…

The opponent Neutral Jumps- attacks… I block they throw

I jump for cross up… they walk under and throw…

opponent jumps in- I block they throw

Ryu- gives you the close lp for (+2 frame advantage) and you will either get thrown or if you try to attack it will get stuffed…

Aside from preventing my opponent from knocking me down, or not paying for getting close… what gives??

throw tech.

online it is pretty hopeless, you might find yourself neutral jumping a lot. in any case, i have been using a three button throw tech option select while crouching (lp, lk, mk) since the lk has a much slower startup than the mk. It works…but it is really annoying.

Whenever I play against a Gouken I always throw 10x more than usual.

The combination of your parry and backthrow into ultra are such a threat that if I get within range I’ll go for the throw just for my own defense :razzy: If I get a knock down then I know how much Goukens usually like to wakeup parry so I’ll mix in empty jump throw and empty jump low attack.

I think if you’re going to play Gouken you just need to get good at teching.

yeah… that’s what I figured…

but I’m playing on x box live… so I’m not sure of how much lag has to do with it…

I haven’t tired to OST… (I’ll go into training mode tonight and do some annoying combo, grab strings with Ryu and see what happens)…

tech game has to get better… people just walk right up and throw my dude lol…