Granblue Fantasy Versus - Lounge and Discussion Thread

In case you’ve been living under a rock (or don’t have PS Plus), GBVS is the next fighting game from Arc System Works and is set to come out on February 6th, 2020 in NA/JP. For NA, XSeed and Marvelous are handling translation/publishing duties. For JP, it’s being self-published by ASW and Cygames.

Japanese Site:

North American Site:

Character Trailers So Far (up to Metera):

edit: op got it

3 Likes

Can’t wait!

Fastiva has a cutter. Consider this game bought

I intend to stab people until they die of boredom with Katalina. She looks to be exactly the type of character I like.

Stealing Lowain trailer posted in SFV Gen:

Very funny character. Love the robo Katalina.

I have no idea who I want to play in this game but I’m looking forward to figuring it out. Had a good time playing basic shit with Gran so that is a start.

Lowain looks like the sort of character that’ll either be super good or really bad.

I think a larget part of this comes down to how can he generate knockdowns, and how much frame advantage does he have on them?

I agree though, it’s hard for a character like this to only be mid, especially on initial balancing.

Mid-air combos with Zeta :triumph:

Lowain straight looks fun.

Hopefully HawaiinShirtMan plays him for full party hype.

Zeta vs Lowain footage.
Apparently HPA lasts until he lands a hit or gets hit?

GBVS doesn’t have an NA release date yet, does it?

February 6th.

1 Like

Oooh…

That day is gonna be crazy. Gotta start saving pennies now.

Oh really? Thanks! I thought that was only the Japan release date.

I presume it’s being released in multiple regions simultaneously.

opening post has been redone and has all of the character gameplay trailers up to Metera.

1 Like

Metera’s butterfly stuff probably gives her a weirdly high skill ceiling. Kinda interesting that her and Ferry seem to both be really high on the complexity list when they are nominally zoners.

this character is neat

1 Like