Greetings!

Hey all, decided to finally register here at SRK. I’ve been a fighting game fan as far back as I can remember. Been playing fighters as early as I could scoot a chair up to the cabinet at the local pizza parlor.

I’ve never been good enough to be competitive, but I like to think I hold my own most of the time…

The current gen games that I have right now are…

SSFIVAE
SFxTK
MvC3
SCV
KOFXIII
MK
TK6

I also have SFIV, BlazBlue (Both games), DOA4, SCIV, and a couple others I can’t think of off the top of my head. Currently trying to get an arcade stick that won’t cost me more than my console is worth at the moment. My gamertag is Kyehlar, so I’ll see ya in the lobbies. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for DOA5!!! :slight_smile:

Greetings, I also have fighting games, wonder what the odds of that is.
Enjoy your stay, but just know normally you don’t make a new thread unless you have some specific topic or question you’d like to discuss.

Every newb forum is different it seems. My mistake.

Welcome. If you have an idea on how much you want to pay for a stick and what you’re looking for, we can help you find one. Quality arcade sticks brand new usually go for at least $100. Dual modded for ~$150 or so. You can buy used ones for cheaper or wait for sales.

Competitive fighting games are… well, they’re hard. Train up, don’t get upset when you lose, and most importantly, have fun! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.

Yeah, I want a MadCatz stick, but everywhere I see is $150-$600. Then again, I’m probably looking in the wrong spots.

Check the Trading Outlet here - you can’t sell anything until you’ve been registered for 6 months and have at least 50 posts, but you can still make purchases. If you don’t see anything you like, you can always make a WTB thread, or just lurk for a while. Depends on how long you want to wait; you’ll get a better deal for waiting, but it won’t get you a stick nearly as quickly.

I jumped on an opportunity on Amazon. I picked up the Hori Soul Calibur V stick, and an octagonal gate, since I’m gonna need it for SF and the like.

$100 for the stick, $10 for the gate. Not bad for my first stick, eh?

I was going to recommend that stick actually. It’s a pretty good stick and definitely cheap.
I’d make sure you need the octagonal gate before you use it though. Some people like it; most prefer it off.