Greetings

Hi, I have been playing fighters such as Street Fighter 2 and 4, Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core, Blaz Blue, and Marvel vs. series. However, I feel like I’m not getting any better. I am in distress of my overall skill, and despite my late introduction to fighting games, I would want to get better, and I mean hardcore improvement. That probably sounds like a dream request but for some time I have felt no appeal in this console generation; seriously, not even Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock have any virtue, well in my opinion at least. I just want to get good at fighting games so I have something fun to do.
The only thing I can think of is to practice without getting frustrated, but I think I should order a good arcade stick and practice on the older games to get the feel down, and gradually move on to the sequels.
Any help or advice is appreciated: thanks.

Just play 1 game. It’s really hard to be good at 5 fighting games.

Yeah, I figured, but they’re all so fun. I feel compelled to be good at the above, but I understand I can only choose one to excel expertly at, if I practice on that particular one.

On that note then, anyone live in Mi, St. Joseph County; If so, I would enjoy a matchup to practice getting better with.

Try the regional matchmaking section to find people in your area to play with.

how about you take your ass to the newbie forum and make this thread there instead of dragging down fighting game discussion you illiterate, unobservant fuck

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=221052
^ ^ ^ Here is the Michigan thread
in the Midwest subforum v v v
http://www.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Ohhhh hohhohoho…

Sa-nap.

inb4 move

I’m not sure how you draw enjoyment from SF4 and BB, especially BB since you also play Accent Core, but whatever you like to play I guess. Anywho, how much do you play each game? I take it that you don’t play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (ST) too much, since that game really goes straight to the fundamental fighting game skills I hear. If I were you, I’d play more ST and see what it does to you. That’s what I’m planning to do.

I’d also ditch the SF4 and BB if I were you and have Marvel for every now and then, but that’s me and the Marvel part is completely my personal opinion.

Wow, what a douche bag response. Dude was just asking for some advice in a fighting game forum. Was it the wrong forum? Yea. Are you acting like a douche? Definitely.

You’re not justin wong…stop

limit the amount of games you play to two. I would suggest just sticking to ST and SFIV since those compliment each other, and they have the most readily available competition. Ignore the people giving you answers, which are just their game preference.

Transitioning from SFIV to GG is insane, and you won’t get better since GG alone takes a monumental amount of time to get good at. Same goes for Marvel. Also, theres no point in playing Blazblue anymore until the new one comes out. Since everything you learn has the chance to be outdated, and you don’t want to waste time. Not to mention the community completely hates it.