Guard Crush 4 - Brooklyn, NY - 07/21/10

MikeG, Booty Clappa, and Team Sp00ky Present…

"Guard Crush 4"
(Bi-Weekley Tournament)

Wednesday July 21st @ GamePAD Inc.

Super Street Fighter IV on Xbox360
Venue Fee is $5
Entry Fee is $5
Pot will be split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively

We’re gonna have 6 setups for this one!!!

The Live Stream will be brought to you by Team Spooky
teamspooky.com

Tournaments will be Double Elimination
Seeded Brackets will be generated through Tonamento.com

Where: Game PAD Inc http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=pad+11214&ie=UTF8&hq=pad&hnear=Brooklyn,+NY+11214&ll=40.614995,-73.993134&spn=0.015051,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=4440605814573636083
6727 Bay Parkway
Between 67th and 68th Street
Brooklyn, NY
Directions by Train/Bus: Take the N train to Bay PKWY in Brooklyn. Walk 2 blocks up the streets. You can also go to tripplanner.mta.info to get the fastest route over here

When: Wednesday July 21th
Registration and Casuals Will Begin at 5pm.
SSF4 will bein at 6:30pm.
Note: It is very important that people show up before 6:30. If for some reason you are running late, please give us a call and we will put your name in the bracket. Once the brackets are generated, names CANNOT be added!!! When you show up late, make sure to let me know so us don’t enter your name twice into the bracket
Mike’s Cell: 347 472 2105
Joe’s Cell: 516 652 8223

Rules:
Sets will be 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3 out of 5 matches with the guy coming out of the Loser’s bracket having to win 2 sets and the guy coming out of Winner’s only having to only win 1 set.

Super Street Fighter IV

• Singles
  • 2 out of 3 rounds
  • 99 seconds
  • Color 11 and 12 banned
  • Loser of the previous match may switch characters
  • Double blind select are available for both character selection and ultra selection, by request only
  • Winner of the previous match may switch Ultra’s but must select his Ultra before his opponent selects his Ultra
  • If a match ends in a double KO where both players have 2 rounds won, both players are credited for winning 0 matches and must restart that match with no one switching characters or Ultras.

BYOC - Bring Your Own Controller!!!

i made it to my 1st guard crush today…err yesterday.
i was the t. hawk/ryu player wearin the 8 on the Break shirt.
i’ll definietly be coming to this. it’s not far at all from where i live/usually hangout at. see people there

Out of curiosity, what is the player skill range look like at a Guard Crush event?

I’ve never been to a tournament, and the quality players that attend these events always make the skill cap seem really high.

Extremely varied. There are of course top player you see on the stream, but then there are some not so good players they send to play on the small tv :lol:

What time do these tournament generally end? I know it depends on the amount of players, but just a rough ballpark estimate?

They usually end in between 12 midnight and 2 am, but it depends on the amount of people that show up.

Not sure if I can make it to this one, I’ll let you know in a couple of days.

Might be there. Missed the last one but shit happens. Gotta see if my bipson or adon have improved at all.

[media=youtube]mbnPICoqoW8[/media]

When you lose you can kick back and watch the finals.

parking

I wanna come out to one of these…how is the parking out there on a weekday night?¿ taking public trans takes WAY to long from jersey

The parking isnt bad at all. You can most likely find a spot no more than 1-2 blocks away.

sweet

sounds great. I’ll probably bring ryder and/or other people around jersey.

are you still doing 5 and 5 for venue and entry?¿

cool cool. It’s still 5/5. I’m gonna try and see if I can make it out to the Break next tuesday. I updated all the info btw.

gettin the update on

trying to not have this run so late so we are just doing SF4 this time around. hope to see everyone there.

If we only have a ps3 stick what should we do?

There is a house TE stick and if worst comes to worst just ask to borrow one. People are friendly. Shouldn’t even be an issue.

I just recently got into the tournament scene and one thing I learned, if not the most important thing of all, imo is to not look at these as really guaging skill levels but more as a place to have fun with likeminded folks. Of course, there’s the competition and all that good stuff but having fun is the most important part. Plus, regardless of what level players are at these tournaments, you always end up learning more at these type of events rather than sitting at home playing online lag matches.

I myself am also new to the tournament scene (well not really cuz I went @ Evo and ECT2) and looking to have alot of fun playing casuals with everyone at this event.

Uhh…no homo?

Sounds really kool…I cant make it to this one though, any word on when the next tourney will be?

match vids from previous guard crush tournaments: YouTube - AkumaHokoru’s Channel

go to playlists and check em out